Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A legal/moral question 14:58 - Aug 17 with 1003 viewsSWGF

Mr A is a landlord and rented his property to Mr B. All very amicable, no issues during the tenancy period, everything always paid on time. Mr B left as he needed a larger property so Mr A has now started renting to Mr C.

Mr C had a knock on the door from the bailiffs looking for Mr B, chasing payment for something or another. Mr C gave Mr A's details to the bailiff and now the bailiff wants Mr B's new address from Mr A.

Should Mr A provide this to the bailiffs? Is Mr A allowed to provide that data under GDPR and all that balls?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

A legal/moral question on 15:05 - Aug 17 with 971 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If Mr B is a mate and you don't want to help the bailiffs, I doubt there is anything they can do.

'Sorry, he didnt give me a forwarding address.'

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

A legal/moral question on 15:08 - Aug 17 with 951 viewsSpruceMoose

One should always act with the 'Snitches get Stitches' mantra in mind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A legal/moral question on 15:08 - Aug 17 with 957 viewsZedRodgers

If Mr B is no longer at the address then it's no longer Mr A's concern. I don't think giving out people's details to anybody is legal or wise, regardless of whether the bailiffs can prove who they are. Of course they're going to ask Mr A because it makes their job easier.

As long as he's told the bailiffs that Mr B is no longer a tenant then the bailiffs should note this on their records and not bother Mr A again. Mr A should make this clear to them.

No, not at the moment

A legal/moral question on 15:09 - Aug 17 with 947 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A legal/moral question on 15:08 - Aug 17 by SpruceMoose

One should always act with the 'Snitches get Stitches' mantra in mind.

....I think we have found Mr B!! ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

A legal/moral question on 15:10 - Aug 17 with 947 viewsEJP

Found this on the RLA website:

https://www.rla.org.uk/landlord/guides/data-protection-legislation-for-landlords

Legitimate interests pursued by the data controller or a third party can be used as the lawful basis provided they are mentioned in the privacy notice provided to the data subject. Examples of this include:
passing the names of new tenants to utility companies
seeing references which were provided to letting/managing agents
disclosing details of a tenant who has left leaving rent arrears to a tracing agent or debt collector to help them recover money owed

Data Subject is Mr.B - if Mr.A’s privacy notice doesn’t mention it, then Mr.B stays hidden.

That said... it mentions rent arrears so feel free to ignore!
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 15:12]
A legal/moral question on 15:10 - Aug 17 with 938 viewsJ2BLUE

A legal/moral question on 15:05 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

If Mr B is a mate and you don't want to help the bailiffs, I doubt there is anything they can do.

Would you help one of your mate trying to get out of paying his debts then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A legal/moral question on 15:20 - Aug 17 with 883 viewsfactual_blue

A legal/moral question on 15:05 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

That will probably leave the rental property on the credit blacklist, which could in turn affect rental income.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A legal/moral question on 15:23 - Aug 17 with 865 viewsSpruceMoose

A legal/moral question on 15:10 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

Would you help one of your mate trying to get out of paying his debts then?

Give it twenty years and we will see how you handle Rommy's issue.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

A legal/moral question on 15:41 - Aug 17 with 814 viewsJ2BLUE

A legal/moral question on 15:23 - Aug 17 by SpruceMoose

Give it twenty years and we will see how you handle Rommy's issue.

Just seemed a bit odd considering his posting history I assumed he would be for people taking responsibility.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024