Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss 10:53 - Aug 15 with 5230 viewstextbackup

I’m fcking orgasmic over this.

Pissed off that they’ve not given him 100%.... Hurst gets it more than some give him credit for.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 10:55 - Aug 15 with 2988 viewsBluefish

You also very happy after the Rotherham defeat, stating you were happier to lose instead of having Mick here. Starting to think you are a norwich troll.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 10:58 - Aug 15 with 2965 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

He’s naturally desperate to get his first win on the board and last night was a massive opportunity to achieve that. I’d be spitting feathers too.
Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 2934 viewstextbackup

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 10:55 - Aug 15 by Bluefish

You also very happy after the Rotherham defeat, stating you were happier to lose instead of having Mick here. Starting to think you are a norwich troll.

You behind the new manager or not?

Word up on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 2931 viewsDyland

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 2931 viewstextbackup

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 10:58 - Aug 15 by OsmansCleanSheet

He’s naturally desperate to get his first win on the board and last night was a massive opportunity to achieve that. I’d be spitting feathers too.

I can hold out to get it on sept 2nd

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 2943 viewsitfcjoe

How many times can he have a big blow up though before players stop playing for him? That's 2 now already - hopefully no need for any more.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 11:02 - Aug 15 with 2912 views_

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:01 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

How many times can he have a big blow up though before players stop playing for him? That's 2 now already - hopefully no need for any more.

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:03 - Aug 15 with 2906 viewsKieran_Knows

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:01 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

When's the penny going to drop with the existing players that this isn't a jolly up anymore though?

I agree with you on the whole though, hopefully this'll be the last and everyone gets on board, as it could go spiraling out of control.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:03 - Aug 15 with 2910 viewsSomethingBlue

This is my concern too — am assuming there's a degree of calculation to it at this early stage and he's still trying to smoke out who does and doesn't fit the bill here.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 11:04]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:04 - Aug 15 with 2881 viewsSWGF

Hopefully it's setting expectations/standards, and showing fans that what they're currently seeing isn't acceptable so bear with us.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:04 - Aug 15 with 2879 viewsDarth_Koont

You're trying way too hard.

Pronouns: He/Him

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:05 - Aug 15 with 2871 viewsSWGF

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:03 - Aug 15 by SomethingBlue

This is my concern too — am assuming there's a degree of calculation to it at this early stage and he's still trying to smoke out who does and doesn't fit the bill here.

That's how I'm reading it. The bloke's not an idiot. He knows how this could potentially go.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:05 - Aug 15 with 2863 viewsBiGDonnie

They've gotta start playing for him first...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:10 - Aug 15 with 2811 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:02 - Aug 15 by _

Braintree

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:13 - Aug 15 with 2766 viewsitfcjoe

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:03 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

When's the penny going to drop with the existing players that this isn't a jolly up anymore though?

I agree with you on the whole though, hopefully this'll be the last and everyone gets on board, as it could go spiraling out of control.

It wasn't a jolly up under Mick, it was a squad of players who may not have been that good that worked their nuts off and followed the managers plan to overperform in 5 out of 6 seasons.

Yes the football was often very poor, but the players were all good characters.

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:14 - Aug 15 with 2740 viewsBluefish

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:00 - Aug 15 by textbackup

You behind the new manager or not?

I'm behind him completely but I am not going to say he is a genius and I am not going to say Ben is hopeless after 3 games. More importantly I am not going to be happy about defeats because of post match press conferences just like last season I didn't get upset over wins because of the post match press conferences

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:15 - Aug 15 with 2739 viewsitfcjoe

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:03 - Aug 15 by SomethingBlue

Hopefully so - it's not that easy in this league though like in non-league or Shrews were it is players on 1 year deals with little transfer value who can be binned off and replaced more easily.

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:16 - Aug 15 with 2711 viewsReuser_is_God

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:10 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

Braintree

To be fair we had just lost to a pub team.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:16 - Aug 15 with 2712 viewsKieran_Knows

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:13 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

It wasn't a jolly up under Mick, it was a squad of players who may not have been that good that worked their nuts off and followed the managers plan to overperform in 5 out of 6 seasons.

They did, but as you've alluded too (and I did earlier), Hurst mentioned within the first month of him being here, that if they worked the players any harder, they would've broke them - most of the players were still technically Mick's, I think at that point we had only signed Roberts and Chalobah.

So I think that shows, in some respect, that standards have been upped from the previous regime.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 11:17]

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:17 - Aug 15 with 2698 viewsBluefish

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:13 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

This!

This is why those that think managers comments are more important than the club are desperately trying to paint all sorts of pictures to disguise the reality

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:17 - Aug 15 with 2687 viewsDanTheMan

I'm consistently amazed that people thought that life for the players was an absolute breeze under MM.

Bizarre blind hatred.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:17 - Aug 15 with 2680 viewsOsborneOneNil

Well his 'blow up' will be aimed at certain players. Certain players who are not performing to the level expected, so unless that improves it won't matter whether they want to play for him or not, they won't be in the team.

The lads signed from L1 & L2 are thrilled to be here, delighted to have a chance at this level. I'm pretty confident they won't be throwing their teddy out the pram and deciding not to play for PH as he's told some of their team mates some home truths.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 11:20]
Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:18 - Aug 15 with 2665 viewsSomethingBlue

A few people seem very keen to rewrite history on this score.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:18 - Aug 15 with 2657 viewsblueconscience

Well perhaps the players should stop giving reasons for these “Blow ups”. Quite simple really.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:19 - Aug 15 with 2631 viewsKieran_Knows

Manager absolutely spitting feathers after a nothing cup loss on 11:17 - Aug 15 by DanTheMan

I'm consistently amazed that people thought that life for the players was an absolute breeze under MM.

Bizarre blind hatred.

I'm going overboard in saying that it's a jolly up, but my point still stands that Hurst said if he had worked the players any harder, he would've broke them, and at the point of him saying that, the majority of the players were still Micks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024