Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Curtis Tilt in... 15:37 - Aug 8 with 4724 viewsitfcjoe

....after concluding Jackson deal and we are in a really good position with regards to squad depth

Bart Gerken

Doancien Spence
Chambers Woolfenden
Nsiala Tilt
Knudsen Kenlock

Chalobah Dozzell
Skuse Downes
Nolan Edun

Edwards Ward
Jackson Sears

Harrison Garner

With extras
Emmanuel
Huws
Bishop
Adeyemi
Nydam
Roberts
Rowe
Morris

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:39 - Aug 8 with 4688 viewschicoazul

My reaction to the name Curtis Tilt is rapidly becoming the same as my reaction to the name Danny Cowley 3 months ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:45 - Aug 8 with 4624 viewsButterbing

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:39 - Aug 8 by chicoazul

My reaction to the name Curtis Tilt is rapidly becoming the same as my reaction to the name Danny Cowley 3 months ago.

Or Jack Ross soon after. He seems to have been elevated to god-like levels by some.

Personally, I'd never heard of Tilt before we were linked so couldn't care less if we sign him or not.
Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:48 - Aug 8 with 4586 viewshype313

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:45 - Aug 8 by Butterbing

Or Jack Ross soon after. He seems to have been elevated to god-like levels by some.

Personally, I'd never heard of Tilt before we were linked so couldn't care less if we sign him or not.

I'd never heard of Jamie Vardy before he went to Leicester, I'd care if we didn't get him and he went onto to great things and we hadn't signed him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:48 - Aug 8 with 4582 viewschicoazul

People were obsessed with Jack Ross for a week or so, the Keyzer Soze of the board. The only players we have signed in the last few years I had already heard of were Waghorn and Garner but thats because I am ignorant and stupid.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:49 - Aug 8 with 4581 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve put him as a reserve so not god like status.....

Just can’t remember any other CB links and we still need one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:54 - Aug 8 with 4522 viewsButterbing

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:49 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

I’ve put him as a reserve so not god like status.....

Just can’t remember any other CB links and we still need one

I'm not saying you specifically but he is certainly being touted as such by some. He is also entered into everybody's "team" for the weekend. Imagine the blubbing if we don't sign him.
Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:05 - Aug 8 with 4423 viewsBrianTablet

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 15:39 - Aug 8 by chicoazul

Josh Yerwerth

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:22 - Aug 8 with 4304 viewsSomethingBlue

Wonder if we might be able to go in with a loan-to-perm once the dust has settled a bit at Blackpool. Would expect a new CB to come in by the end of the month either way. We're awash with options now, albeit many unproven at the level. Think loans for Nydam, Morris and Rowe probably essential looking at that list — Nydam should get some serious game time for a League One club until Christmas and then be reassessed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:32 - Aug 8 with 4199 viewschicoazul

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:22 - Aug 8 by SomethingBlue

Wonder if we might be able to go in with a loan-to-perm once the dust has settled a bit at Blackpool. Would expect a new CB to come in by the end of the month either way. We're awash with options now, albeit many unproven at the level. Think loans for Nydam, Morris and Rowe probably essential looking at that list — Nydam should get some serious game time for a League One club until Christmas and then be reassessed.

Nydam not even being on the bench the other day is well weird.

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:34 - Aug 8 with 4178 viewsSomethingBlue

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:32 - Aug 8 by chicoazul

Nydam not even being on the bench the other day is well weird.

Yes, I'd kind of assumed he would be pretty prominent under Hurst. But seeing as he is hell-bent on RUINING our YOUTH I think a loan at a good level, where he can hopefully play 20 or so games back to back, would be ideal. I'm not so worried about him in the long term; he's young, we are in the odd position of having a lot of players and they can't all play.

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:39 - Aug 8 with 4133 viewschicoazul

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:34 - Aug 8 by SomethingBlue

Yes, I'd kind of assumed he would be pretty prominent under Hurst. But seeing as he is hell-bent on RUINING our YOUTH I think a loan at a good level, where he can hopefully play 20 or so games back to back, would be ideal. I'm not so worried about him in the long term; he's young, we are in the odd position of having a lot of players and they can't all play.

Yeah I suppose a loan would be good but I rather had my heart set on him playing a fair few games this year. Suppose with all these new players arriving we will see much less of Downes Nydam Dozzell Morris and Folami than I would have liked.

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:42 - Aug 8 with 4093 viewsSomethingBlue

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:39 - Aug 8 by chicoazul

Yeah I suppose a loan would be good but I rather had my heart set on him playing a fair few games this year. Suppose with all these new players arriving we will see much less of Downes Nydam Dozzell Morris and Folami than I would have liked.

Have a feeling Downes will be kept close to things. Dozzell is the one for me (and I suspect most of us) — have to hope he can match Hurst's standards of fitness and then push on from there, he's not one we can let ourselves have regrets about.

Thought Morris looked strong and sharp on Saturday, noticeably more so than previous times I've seen him, and think a good Football League loan would be fine at this stage.

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:43 - Aug 8 with 4079 viewsSuperfrans

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:22 - Aug 8 by SomethingBlue

I think loan to perm after this week is most likely. I can't imagine Blackpool are able to deal with too much atm, apart from trying to deal with the fall-out from losing their manager.

Didn't I also read that the fall-out was because Bowyer wanted to sell Tilt, Oyston didn't? (which is a bit odd).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:47 - Aug 8 with 4056 viewspickles110564

You sure there is enough money still in the pot? The last two deals could not be completed until Waggy went so probably only a very small amount left.
Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:58 - Aug 8 with 3987 viewsBent_double

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 16:42 - Aug 8 by SomethingBlue

Have a feeling Downes will be kept close to things. Dozzell is the one for me (and I suspect most of us) — have to hope he can match Hurst's standards of fitness and then push on from there, he's not one we can let ourselves have regrets about.

Thought Morris looked strong and sharp on Saturday, noticeably more so than previous times I've seen him, and think a good Football League loan would be fine at this stage.

Dozzell is an interesting one. Most of us hope, or expect him to play regularly now and either still be at Ipswich in the PL in 2 or 3 seasons time, or sold to one of the top 6 PL clubs for many, many millions.

If PH doesn't see him as such a key player, Dozzell might become disillusioned and let his contract run down so he can move to a PL club on a free.

It's a tricky balancing act, but maybe ME made it clear to PH from the start that players like Dozzell, Downes, Nydam, Woolfenden, etc are the future of the club either as players or as valuable assets, and he mustn't do anything to jeopardise that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 17:51 - Aug 8 with 3803 viewsHerbivore

EADT seem to think the Tilt deal is now dead.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 18:03 - Aug 8 with 3713 viewspointofblue

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 17:51 - Aug 8 by Herbivore

EADT seem to think the Tilt deal is now dead.

But does say Hurst is still interested in bringing in a central defender - I wonder who the new target may be if so?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Get Curtis Tilt in... on 18:05 - Aug 8 with 3693 viewsITFC_Forever

Tilt deal appears to be dead, but that could be part of the bluster and games around it all. But if not him, it’ll be someone from the Prem on loan after the deadline.

Garner is still in that list, but he may well go - and if he does, AN Other will probably come in, maybe Windass.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024