Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Desperation vs Preparation 22:48 - Aug 2 with 687 viewswkj

A few havevoiced concerns about the players we have bought in not being up to the challenge, whilst some have been wax lyrical on the business we have done so far. One thing that has not been mentioned as much is the possition we've been in when making these signings.

Hurst and co has effectively had the opportunity to scout a lot of these players first hand, so it is worth considering we have had a lot of these potential signings in the works (of his mind) long before he even knew he would be here, I am sure a few of these players would have been recruited by him had he stayed with the Shrews and they went up.

Without this turning into an antise-mick-ic post, it is quite clear witht he timing of the links, the execution of the deals, and the transparency of the club- that these are calculated and planned moves rather than desperation signings on the last few days that often seemed to be the case in years gone by, even beyond Mick's reign.

We really should be excited because Paul Hurst outlayed his goals when he got here, admitted we've done more than he expected to do, and remained confident that other avenues are still very much being explored.

We wanted a rebuild, we got/are getting it
We wanted to see younger player with a point to prove vs a player wanting a check to cash, we got it
and
We wanted better football, and the preseason has certainly hinted that is going to happen, or atleast be the focal point of Hurst's system.

I know a lot of question marks still float about marcus evans and his commitment to the success of the club, but we really need to dust ourselves off and be mighty fans like we were once famous for in the late 90s early 00s.

Hurst is probably s***ing bricks about his debut on Saturday, so I hope we all can have a bloody good day out and make a load of noise for Hurst's boyus on the weekend

COYB - Up the towen

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Desperation vs Preparation on 07:32 - Aug 3 with 491 viewschristiand

This is our transfer policy now, buy potential from the lower leagues, mixed in with experience and some of our young players to assemble a competitive first team. I do feel this is the way forward, but we have never done it with this much gusto in recent seasons. I certainly don't have any concerns about these incoming players, if ME is willing to shell out £700,000+ on a player, especially during this period of austerity under his ownership, then there would've been plenty of background research done and recommendations made rather than just taking a punt. So far, what PH has done since his appointment I have generally been impressed with. The journey now starts tomorrow, lets see where that takes us.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024