Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Euros 2020 10:22 - Jul 12 with 1789 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So most of the squad will still be together and at a good age, and more experience.

The Ox will supplement the midfield nicely if he continues to develop at Liverpool, I think we missed having him as an option.

Hopefully RLC will have developed by getting another 100 club games under his belt and will be the driver of our midfield.

I think we really missed Lallana at the WC, not sure if he'll still be as good in 2 years time.

Main question is do we have any potentially great goal scorers coming through to supplement Harry?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Euros 2020 on 10:28 - Jul 12 with 1762 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Lallana up until this tournament has been my favorite England player for many years. So consistent and classy on the ball to work between the lines and play on the half turn. That said Lingard filled the role admirably and his only criticism in that he only scored 1 goal... But that would probably be a little harsh given his performances.

As for the future, the likes of Sancho, Brewster, Foden will hopefully get some game time and I have no doubt there will be someone not even on the radar who will appear in a couple of years time. Much like Vardy, Trippier or Maguire have done.

As for strikers, as Rashford, Sterling and Kane are all in their early 20's there is no panic but I would expect some youngsters to come out of the left field and into prominence in the next couple of years
The Euros 2020 on 10:30 - Jul 12 with 1756 viewsTractorJack

Rhian Brewster would be the potential goal scorer. 20 in 22 for under 17's. Wonder if he will get any time for Liverpool or go out on loan.
The Euros 2020 on 10:30 - Jul 12 with 1757 viewschicoazul

Future definitely looks bright, but then again it looked bright in 90 and 96 too so I hope Southgate will try to learn the lessons of the past and build on what we have so far. Clearly we need a bit more creativity in midfield and up front but if the likes of Foden can get some game time in between now and then, then I do fancy us in 2 years. And some of the games are at Wembley!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Euros 2020 on 10:38 - Jul 12 with 1730 viewsIpswichKnight

The Euros 2020 on 10:30 - Jul 12 by chicoazul

Future definitely looks bright, but then again it looked bright in 90 and 96 too so I hope Southgate will try to learn the lessons of the past and build on what we have so far. Clearly we need a bit more creativity in midfield and up front but if the likes of Foden can get some game time in between now and then, then I do fancy us in 2 years. And some of the games are at Wembley!

Not so much after Italia90 that squad was getting on a bit already. It will help if the FA keep Southgate for another 4 years and let him bring through the U17/U19/U21 players that have won trophies and tournaments.

Don't we have to play Croatia again this UEFA league of nations competition?
The Euros 2020 on 10:39 - Jul 12 with 1722 viewschicoazul

The Euros 2020 on 10:38 - Jul 12 by IpswichKnight

Not so much after Italia90 that squad was getting on a bit already. It will help if the FA keep Southgate for another 4 years and let him bring through the U17/U19/U21 players that have won trophies and tournaments.

In 90 we had Platt Gazza Mark Wright and Paul Parker all come in and establish themselves, they were all fairly young and thought of as the spine of the team for the next 2 or 3 tournaments.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Euros 2020 on 10:40 - Jul 12 with 1717 viewsReuser_is_God

The Euros 2020 on 10:38 - Jul 12 by IpswichKnight

Yeah Croatia & Spain home & away, will be a good test & good experience for the team.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Euros 2020 on 11:31 - Jul 12 with 1621 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Euros 2020 on 10:30 - Jul 12 by chicoazul

True, but the manager left after both of those tournaments.

Hopefully having some continuity will help.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Euros 2020 on 12:33 - Jul 12 with 1536 viewsGarv

Definitely need someone who can consistently score from open play. Relied so heavily on set pieces the whole tournament.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

The Euros 2020 on 12:37 - Jul 12 with 1524 viewsJ2BLUE

We'll also have Man City's Ben Knight by then.

He's the next next next next next next Messi.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Euros 2020 on 12:38 - Jul 12 with 1523 viewsGeoffSentence

Ben Knight

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Euros 2020 on 14:06 - Jul 12 with 1423 viewsvapour_trail

Ademola lookman looks a player and had the good sense at a young age to get the fck out of Everton and into the bundesliga on loan when pint of wine Sam turned up at goodison.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Euros 2020 on 14:54 - Jul 12 with 1377 viewsBiGDonnie

Yeah, Rashford!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024