Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking - what is this world coming to 01:41 - Jun 24 with 1847 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

https://www.time1075.net/boy-14-stabbed-to-death-in-collier-row/

More than one person stabbed is what I’ve been told. And that 100 lads stormed a house party minutes before it kicked off outside.

14 ffs. Makes me sick

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 01:46 - Jun 24 with 1821 viewsjeera

A child.

Christ.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 01:50 - Jun 24 with 1822 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 01:46 - Jun 24 by jeera

A child.

Christ.

I don’t want to say anything not yet in the public domain

Dreadful turn of events. 5 minutes from where I live ffs.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 1:57]

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 01:55 - Jun 24 with 1809 viewsjeera

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 01:50 - Jun 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t want to say anything not yet in the public domain

Dreadful turn of events. 5 minutes from where I live ffs.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 1:57]

If you know anything let it rest for now.

Damn shame. Someone's child.

Horrible, horrible.

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:00 - Jun 24 with 1807 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 01:55 - Jun 24 by jeera

If you know anything let it rest for now.

Damn shame. Someone's child.

Horrible, horrible.

Exactly. It would be wrong of me to speculate and I wouldn’t dare.

15 the kid who died was rather than 14 like the first article said. Not that it makes a difference. A child is a child. RIP

Is it me or had 2018 seemed to have far more stabbings? Been a fair few in Romford this year and I’ve seen a couple mentioned on here in Ipswich plus all those on the news. Really sad.

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:03 - Jun 24 with 1802 viewsjeera

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:00 - Jun 24 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly. It would be wrong of me to speculate and I wouldn’t dare.

15 the kid who died was rather than 14 like the first article said. Not that it makes a difference. A child is a child. RIP

Is it me or had 2018 seemed to have far more stabbings? Been a fair few in Romford this year and I’ve seen a couple mentioned on here in Ipswich plus all those on the news. Really sad.

I don't know mate, I really don't.

I do recall years ago a friend living in East Ham saying that shootings/stabbings were so common they didn't make the news.

I suppose it's a topic that's hitting headlines atm?

That may or may not be a bad thing. I really wouldn't know. Getting the news out there I mean of course.

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:14 - Jun 24 with 1789 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:03 - Jun 24 by jeera

I do recall years ago a friend living in East Ham saying that shootings/stabbings were so common they didn't make the news.

That may or may not be a bad thing. I really wouldn't know. Getting the news out there I mean of course.

It was only a few weeks ago when I read on here about the Ipswich stabbing and how so many of you were suprised by it happening in Ipswich when it made me think how crazy it is round here.

In Romford, it happens 10 times a year - albeit not all fatal.

I don’t know what can be done about it but surely something has to change. Far too many kids are dying needlessly.

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:32 - Jun 24 with 1775 viewsjeera

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:14 - Jun 24 by The_Romford_Blue

It was only a few weeks ago when I read on here about the Ipswich stabbing and how so many of you were suprised by it happening in Ipswich when it made me think how crazy it is round here.

In Romford, it happens 10 times a year - albeit not all fatal.

I don’t know what can be done about it but surely something has to change. Far too many kids are dying needlessly.

Ipswich could be quite violent when I grew up there, but I have to say I don't remember too much in the way of knife crime.

I'm sure they'll be some who disagree with me in one way or another but it all depends on your own experience.

I was set upon in the centre of town one sunny Tuesday afternoon by a local nutter who [allegedly] then pulled a knife afterwards* - I was terrified when I was told and not prepared for that on any level.

*I'm going with the 'alleged' version because I didn't see it. I got away and and the rest was according to witnesses. There was a crowd of them, ( assailants), and a couple of public members approached me and told to walk a different route as they 'allegedly' spotted them waiting for me nearby after, right by my car. I don't think they knew it was my car. I was unlucky that they chose that spot. I think. I'll never know as I picked it up a few hours later.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 4:37]

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 06:51 - Jun 24 with 1652 viewsallezlesbleus

Yes, it does seem as though knife and gun crime is hitting all areas of the UK, rather than just the rougher, inner city areas.

Personally, I think that everyone has a role to play in helping to solve this problem.

Parents need to be more responsible. Too many children grow up without a father in their lives. Children need to be taught to respect others. I have spoken to several teachers who have been threatened by parents, at school, because they disciplined the pupil...….what example does this set that child?

Police, social workers and community workers need to receive more funds to allow for better training and better facilities to help "guide youngsters" away from a life of crime and violence.

Politicians need to instruct the courts to be more severe in punishing offenders, especially repeat offenders. There should be an automatic sentence of 5 years for carrying a knife or gun. That should be 5 years.....not 2 years and then let out for good behaviour. Prisons should also be a deterrent. Bring back Dartmoor style prisons for murderers...…...make prison somewhere that people are fearful of going to. For less serious offenders, offer good rehabilitation programmes, but, show them what life is like inside one of these "Dartmoor style prisons", so they don't want to take the risk of committing a crime that will ensure they will end up in there for a number of years.

Innocent civilians, of all ages, show feel safe to walk around their neighbourhood without the fear of being mugged, stabbed or caught up in the crossfire of some drug gang shoot out.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 6:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 07:18 - Jun 24 with 1608 viewsBenters2

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 06:51 - Jun 24 by allezlesbleus

Yes, it does seem as though knife and gun crime is hitting all areas of the UK, rather than just the rougher, inner city areas.

Personally, I think that everyone has a role to play in helping to solve this problem.

Parents need to be more responsible. Too many children grow up without a father in their lives. Children need to be taught to respect others. I have spoken to several teachers who have been threatened by parents, at school, because they disciplined the pupil...….what example does this set that child?

Police, social workers and community workers need to receive more funds to allow for better training and better facilities to help "guide youngsters" away from a life of crime and violence.

Politicians need to instruct the courts to be more severe in punishing offenders, especially repeat offenders. There should be an automatic sentence of 5 years for carrying a knife or gun. That should be 5 years.....not 2 years and then let out for good behaviour. Prisons should also be a deterrent. Bring back Dartmoor style prisons for murderers...…...make prison somewhere that people are fearful of going to. For less serious offenders, offer good rehabilitation programmes, but, show them what life is like inside one of these "Dartmoor style prisons", so they don't want to take the risk of committing a crime that will ensure they will end up in there for a number of years.

Innocent civilians, of all ages, show feel safe to walk around their neighbourhood without the fear of being mugged, stabbed or caught up in the crossfire of some drug gang shoot out.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 6:53]

yep i agree with you on all points.

Trouble is we have gone soft on those who carry out crimes.

You have the mayor of London more worried about Trump coming for a visit,then about Londons gang culture.
Shocking - what is this world coming to on 09:45 - Jun 24 with 1465 viewsnoggin

Shocking - what is this world coming to on 02:03 - Jun 24 by jeera

When I worked in London in the 90s and early 00s there were numerous murders that didn't even make the local news. Whether that was a police ploy or just that it was so common, I don't know.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024