Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time need to be more careful 20:34 - Jun 22 with 4531 viewsStokieBlue

The point they were making is important and needs to be made but they have to be careful to avoid fake news accusations:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44578339

The cover in question:

Don't want to give the people supporting Trump on this ammunition.

SB
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 20:34]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Time need to be more careful on 05:21 - Jun 23 with 3434 viewsIllinoisblue

Most reasonable people would see that cover as illustrative rathe than literal. But we live in stupid times. We have more knowledge at our fingertips than ever yet we know less and less

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Time need to be more careful on 12:59 - Jun 23 with 3358 viewsNo9

Who's side is Time on?
Time need to be more careful on 13:21 - Jun 23 with 3341 viewsLord_Lucan

Can I start by saying that what Trump did was barbaric, it is reminiscent of the beginnings of Nazi Germany.

Forget about how USA cleansed the native Americans because that's long ago history but America is basically built on immigration. Mexico is obviously a problem (more than what we realise) but there doesn't seem to be a coherent solution. Obama actually deported more Mexicans per day in USA history and many of the images we have seen were snapped during Obamas reign - although he didn't go the extra mile like Trump did with regards to separation.

What is the answer though? If you build a 20ft wall someone will build a 21ft ladder.

As much as I am anti USA how can they cope with the 24/7 Mexican influx, it's ok for everyone to boo and hiss but what are they supposed to do? Many immigrants are taking kids with them as human shields.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Time need to be more careful on 13:25 - Jun 23 with 3332 viewstcblue

Time need to be more careful on 13:21 - Jun 23 by Lord_Lucan

Can I start by saying that what Trump did was barbaric, it is reminiscent of the beginnings of Nazi Germany.

Forget about how USA cleansed the native Americans because that's long ago history but America is basically built on immigration. Mexico is obviously a problem (more than what we realise) but there doesn't seem to be a coherent solution. Obama actually deported more Mexicans per day in USA history and many of the images we have seen were snapped during Obamas reign - although he didn't go the extra mile like Trump did with regards to separation.

What is the answer though? If you build a 20ft wall someone will build a 21ft ladder.

As much as I am anti USA how can they cope with the 24/7 Mexican influx, it's ok for everyone to boo and hiss but what are they supposed to do? Many immigrants are taking kids with them as human shields.

I guess the major point here is, whatever the deportation / temporary detention solution, it is wholly unnecessary and inhuman to remove children from their parents in that process. THAT is what the "booing and hissing" is about.
Time need to be more careful on 13:27 - Jun 23 with 3329 viewsHerbivore

Time need to be more careful on 13:25 - Jun 23 by tcblue

I guess the major point here is, whatever the deportation / temporary detention solution, it is wholly unnecessary and inhuman to remove children from their parents in that process. THAT is what the "booing and hissing" is about.

Yep. Nobody is saying let them all in, just show some basic humanity.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time need to be more careful on 13:31 - Jun 23 with 3318 viewsLord_Lucan

Time need to be more careful on 13:25 - Jun 23 by tcblue

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

The whole thing was criminal, in fact you have to be borderline insane to implement such a policy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Time need to be more careful on 13:32 - Jun 23 with 3317 viewswkj

Time need to be more careful on 05:21 - Jun 23 by Illinoisblue

Most reasonable people would see that cover as illustrative rathe than literal. But we live in stupid times. We have more knowledge at our fingertips than ever yet we know less and less

What comes to mind when I read this was flat earthers and anti vaccine nutters - PS If you are indeed an anti vaccine nutter, or flat earther and offended by what I just wrote then fear not it was not actually me that wrote it, it was the lizard people who live under Gav's servers who occasionally posts on our behalf.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Time need to be more careful on 13:40 - Jun 23 with 3302 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Time need to be more careful on 05:21 - Jun 23 by Illinoisblue

Illustrative rather than literal?! WTF?

It is fake pure and simple.

BOT

Login to get fewer ads

Time need to be more careful on 13:44 - Jun 23 with 3294 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Do you know what was there already (in terms of policy brought in by Obama and Bush), what Trumps administration actually did and the statistics behind it? Or are you just following CNN? Once the objective has been achieved this story will just disappear like all of the others.

BOT

Time need to be more careful on 15:32 - Jun 23 with 3237 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time need to be more careful on 13:40 - Jun 23 by BorisOrTrevor

Are you and others getting your knickers in a twist over this? Hilarious

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time need to be more careful on 15:57 - Jun 23 with 3222 viewsLord_Lucan

Time need to be more careful on 13:44 - Jun 23 by BorisOrTrevor

Do you know what was there already (in terms of policy brought in by Obama and Bush), what Trumps administration actually did and the statistics behind it? Or are you just following CNN? Once the objective has been achieved this story will just disappear like all of the others.

I'm not actually sure what you are getting at. It isn't an area of my expertise but as far as I am aware nothing changed except Trump started to take children away from their parents.

Call me old fashioned but I didn't think that was a great policy.

Time need to be more careful on 16:52 - Jun 23 with 3181 viewsNo9

The Americans have for decades used Mexian labour to suit certain companies & individuals particularly Republicans
on 16:59 - Jun 23 with 3167 views_

on 17:00 - Jun 23 with 3163 views_

Time need to be more careful on 17:01 - Jun 23 with 3163 viewsm14_blue

No one's denying the policy is in place and now being enacted, what does it matter which picture was used? Trump wasn't really standing over a child saying 'welcome to America', it's not being portrayed as a real event.

The only annoyance is it gives idiots another excuse to rant about fake news rather than dealing with the actual, disgusting, on humane issue.
Time need to be more careful on 17:13 - Jun 23 with 3141 viewsjeera

on 16:59 - Jun 23 by _

Tbf to Lucan, he does come across as someone who can have his views changed based on what he sees.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

on 17:18 - Jun 23 with 3133 views_

Time need to be more careful on 17:13 - Jun 23 by jeera

Tbf to Lucan, he does come across as someone who can have his views changed based on what he sees.

Time need to be more careful on 17:39 - Jun 23 with 3113 viewsjeera

on 17:18 - Jun 23 by _

Just concurring really.

Good afternoon btw.

on 17:40 - Jun 23 with 3110 views_

Time need to be more careful on 17:39 - Jun 23 by jeera

Just concurring really.

Good afternoon btw.

Time need to be more careful on 17:47 - Jun 23 with 3096 viewsjeera

on 17:40 - Jun 23 by _

Oh, fantastic. Congratulations all round!

I'm not up to much - Football on but I'm glancing here and there tbh.

In and out the door doing bits and bobs.

Working tonight buh?

Edit: As in. Working tonight? B*ggery
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 17:49]

on 17:49 - Jun 23 with 3090 views_

Time need to be more careful on 17:47 - Jun 23 by jeera

Oh, fantastic. Congratulations all round!

I'm not up to much - Football on but I'm glancing here and there tbh.

In and out the door doing bits and bobs.

Working tonight buh?

Edit: As in. Working tonight? B*ggery
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 17:49]

Time need to be more careful on 17:50 - Jun 23 with 3084 viewsjeera

on 17:49 - Jun 23 by _

That sounds... fun!

Good luck.

Anyone cooking for you?

Supporting people in their own homes? Worthy cause I have to say.

Time need to be more careful on 17:53 - Jun 23 with 3080 viewsm14_blue

on 17:49 - Jun 23 by _

17 hour shift????

Ouch
Time need to be more careful on 17:54 - Jun 23 with 3077 viewsjeera

Time need to be more careful on 17:53 - Jun 23 by m14_blue

17 hour shift????

Ouch

I would assume it's a sleep- in.

You'd hope anyway.