Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road 19:52 - Jun 11 with 1922 viewsVic

and the training facilities?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 20:11 - Jun 11 with 1873 viewsSpruceMoose

12th_man sorted out after hours access for him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 21:44 - Jun 11 with 1740 viewsVic

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 20:11 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

12th_man sorted out after hours access for him.

Excellent. I guessed that would be the case.

But it is a half serious question, because the official line is that there was no contact before the play offs. He then went straight on holiday and was appointed while he was away. I get that this could easily be done via his agent - but would he really commit without having seen around the place?

There must have been more than 3rd party contact before the playoffs, surely! He must have been forma look around several weeks before i reckon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 22:04 - Jun 11 with 1685 viewsSuperfrans

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 21:44 - Jun 11 by Vic

Excellent. I guessed that would be the case.

But it is a half serious question, because the official line is that there was no contact before the play offs. He then went straight on holiday and was appointed while he was away. I get that this could easily be done via his agent - but would he really commit without having seen around the place?

There must have been more than 3rd party contact before the playoffs, surely! He must have been forma look around several weeks before i reckon.

Also plenty of chance that he visited at some point in the past year or two under Mick. A lot of that goes on. And nobody outside of club staff would have known who he was before the past few months.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 08:14 - Jun 12 with 1455 viewsCambonbleu

Way, way before the Playoff Final.

You don't just up sticks and move your young family half way across the country if you haven't:

1) Met your colleagues
2) Met your new boss (more than once!)
3) scoped out somehwere to live
4) Seen where you'll be working / what the facilities are

It was nailed on from weeks and weeks ago - no doubt about that

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 08:40 - Jun 12 with 1422 viewsitfcjoe

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 08:14 - Jun 12 by Cambonbleu

Way, way before the Playoff Final.

You don't just up sticks and move your young family half way across the country if you haven't:

1) Met your colleagues
2) Met your new boss (more than once!)
3) scoped out somehwere to live
4) Seen where you'll be working / what the facilities are

It was nailed on from weeks and weeks ago - no doubt about that

I wouldn't be so convinced - plenty of players do that when deals are agreed and makes sense that managers do the same.

Time is not a luxury afforded to most in the game.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 08:42 - Jun 12 with 1412 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd be surprised if he's been to either yet.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When did Hurst first get to look round Portman Road on 08:49 - Jun 12 with 1379 viewsITFC_Forever

Probably getting the grand tour right now ahead of the press conference.

Training Ground first and then PR.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024