Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? 14:31 - Jun 8 with 2423 viewsDanFord

The Premier League teams don't care about it. It's a case of weakened teams, very much the fourth competition to any of the big boys and they'd be happily shot of it. The League One and League Two clubs already have a Trophy which has been devalued by the inclusion of the Under 21 teams and which they didn't care about anyway? Get the 72 EFL clubs as the Football League Cup, that increases the prestige for the L1 and L2 clubs, gives the Championship teams something else to get excited by, eases congestion for the smaller Premier League clubs who apparently already can't cope and keeps the big boys out of it too for something they don't give a crap about. The FA Cup carries a European place in addition to the Top 6 in the Premier League. All sorted.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 14:43 - Jun 8 with 2381 viewsIpswichKnight

If you do want to get rid of the PL teams then we need to be creative on what the prize will be.

I would offer the winners a place in the championship play-offs, could mean a team from L2 could jump all the way from L2 to the PL. Would keep the EFL cup interesting and ensure all teams took it seriously as well.
Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 16:44 - Jun 8 with 2323 viewsJon_456

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 14:43 - Jun 8 by IpswichKnight

If you do want to get rid of the PL teams then we need to be creative on what the prize will be.

I would offer the winners a place in the championship play-offs, could mean a team from L2 could jump all the way from L2 to the PL. Would keep the EFL cup interesting and ensure all teams took it seriously as well.

Genuinely tutted out loud.

League 2 teams would get annihilated in the prem.
Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:07 - Jun 8 with 2301 viewsSlambo

Good idea, but it's all getting a bit congested, no..? There's already the FA Vase, FA Trophy and Checkatrade Trophy out there, isn't there..? So yeah, in principle, great idea, but perhaps streamline the comps a bit...

D'you know what else I always thought would be cool..? A lower league European competition. Say, for example, the top 2 teams of each division below the prem would play a knockout comp against their equivalents from participating European leagues. Give every club a chance of a European tour..!

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:11 - Jun 8 with 2293 viewsTJS

Scrapping the only trophy the budgies have ever won ? - I'm all for it !
Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:15 - Jun 8 with 2285 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:07 - Jun 8 by Slambo

Good idea, but it's all getting a bit congested, no..? There's already the FA Vase, FA Trophy and Checkatrade Trophy out there, isn't there..? So yeah, in principle, great idea, but perhaps streamline the comps a bit...

D'you know what else I always thought would be cool..? A lower league European competition. Say, for example, the top 2 teams of each division below the prem would play a knockout comp against their equivalents from participating European leagues. Give every club a chance of a European tour..!

The 72 don't enter the FA Vase or Trophy tournaments.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:20 - Jun 8 with 2279 viewsSlambo

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:15 - Jun 8 by J2BLUE

The 72 don't enter the FA Vase or Trophy tournaments.

Oh right, I wasn't sure. Get so confused...

Just to clarify: FA Trophy is for just Leagues and 1 & 2, FA Trophy for non-league..?

UPPA TOWEN!

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 18:26 - Jun 8 with 2232 viewsPinewoodblue

Good idea the Anglo Italian cup was a big success.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 18:33 - Jun 8 with 2225 viewsTractorCam

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 17:20 - Jun 8 by Slambo

Oh right, I wasn't sure. Get so confused...

Just to clarify: FA Trophy is for just Leagues and 1 & 2, FA Trophy for non-league..?

FA trophy leagues 5-8, fa vase leagues 9-10

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 18:57 - Jun 8 with 2205 viewsbournemouthblue

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 16:44 - Jun 8 by Jon_456

Genuinely tutted out loud.

League 2 teams would get annihilated in the prem.

It would be total madness and make a mockery of the EFL Pyramid?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 19:25 - Jun 8 with 2184 viewsstig4532

Because teams like Colchester and Cambridge totally have the money to travel around Europe.
Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 01:42 - Jun 9 with 2097 viewsDanFord

To clarify I meant doing away with the League cup and Trophy and having this new comp just for 72 clubs.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 08:21 - Jun 9 with 2041 viewsSlambo

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 19:25 - Jun 8 by stig4532

Because teams like Colchester and Cambridge totally have the money to travel around Europe.

Cor, what a wonderful sense of fun you have..! I'm sure even lower league clubs could afford a few trips to Europe. Besides, hypothetically you'd get a little but of dough from UEFA for qualifying, plus increased revenue from having been promoted anyway. Besides, it's not all about money is it. It's about giving your fans memories...

UPPA TOWEN!

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 09:00 - Jun 9 with 2005 viewsRadlett_blue

Surely it's about time for a Football League Cup? on 01:42 - Jun 9 by DanFord

To clarify I meant doing away with the League cup and Trophy and having this new comp just for 72 clubs.

I agree with your idea in principle but sponsors & TV would be far less interested in a cup without the "big boys" & I don't know how interested fans would be in a 2nd tier competition - apart from our friends in Norfolk, of course.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024