Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Cotter. 18:13 - May 30 with 2995 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Interesting situation surrounding Barry Cotter next year.
Joined as CB, played first game as a RWB, but Emmanuel has had an ulmighty season.
For some bizarre reason. Don't know whether its a combination of his statue, power, pace and ability on the ball, I think Barry Cotter would be a much better holding (screening) midfielder.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Barry Cotter. on 18:14 - May 30 with 2953 viewswkj

If we do play 4141 under Hurst I would like to see an experiment with Cotter as FB(R) and Josh as a right winger

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Barry Cotter. on 18:15 - May 30 with 2939 viewschicoazul

Think we can safely say all options are on the table with our new Manager in place. He will have his own thoughts about who plays where, who is good enough etc etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Barry Cotter. on 18:18 - May 30 with 2892 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Barry Cotter. on 18:14 - May 30 by wkj

If we do play 4141 under Hurst I would like to see an experiment with Cotter as FB(R) and Josh as a right winger

Think the other way round, Cotter is far better from what I've seen going forward, where as Emmanuel is much better at the defensive side. Interesting scenario.

Barry Cotter. on 18:20 - May 30 with 2867 viewswkj

Barry Cotter. on 18:18 - May 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

Think the other way round, Cotter is far better from what I've seen going forward, where as Emmanuel is much better at the defensive side. Interesting scenario.

See Rotherham fans apparently have noted he gets caught in possession a bit too much, but he is sniper with his crosses going forward, from what i saw of him in the playoff he looked like a monster going forward

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Barry Cotter. on 18:26 - May 30 with 2807 viewsMullet

Josh is definitely not great on the defensive side of things. I'm convinced part of the reason he was sent out on loan was two penalties he had a hand in conceding because he completely lost his man at the end of last season.

This isn't me slating him, but both he and Kenlock are good forward but get caught out especially when there's not someone just inside as either a CB/CM to cover them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Barry Cotter. on 18:33 - May 30 with 2706 viewschicoazul

Barry Cotter. on 18:26 - May 30 by Mullet

Josh is definitely not great on the defensive side of things. I'm convinced part of the reason he was sent out on loan was two penalties he had a hand in conceding because he completely lost his man at the end of last season.

This isn't me slating him, but both he and Kenlock are good forward but get caught out especially when there's not someone just inside as either a CB/CM to cover them.

I've only seen him play once at home against Lincoln but I make you right on that basis, although I do remember him making one fantastic tackle in the penalty area in front of Churchmans.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Barry Cotter. on 18:36 - May 30 with 2675 viewsSomethingBlue

Barry Cotter. on 18:26 - May 30 by Mullet

That's spot on. Haven't seen much to suggest he is quite good enough defensively for us yet but would like to see him get a chance to show I'm wrong.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Barry Cotter. on 18:44 - May 30 with 2596 viewsBrixtonBlue

While he apparently had a good half a game, I think a statue is a bit premature.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Cotter. on 19:37 - May 30 with 2374 viewsbluehook

Barry Cotter. on 18:44 - May 30 by BrixtonBlue

While he apparently had a good half a game, I think a statue is a bit premature.

I wondered how long before someone spotted that.
Barry Cotter. on 19:39 - May 30 with 2354 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Barry Cotter. on 18:44 - May 30 by BrixtonBlue

The grammar police.

Barry Cotter. on 22:33 - May 30 with 1916 viewsChocorange

Barry Cotter. on 18:36 - May 30 by SomethingBlue

That's spot on. Haven't seen much to suggest he is quite good enough defensively for us yet but would like to see him get a chance to show I'm wrong.

Agreed towards the end of the season Emmanuel was awful against coincidentally Rotherham away..also Forest.

Dont see him as good enough to be a championship defender ...

The Shrewsbury free kick everybody raved about in the play off final was good and quick but it was Josh who lost the man stood behind him who then scored.

Presumesbly he has had a good season though..so kit will b good to see him again and how or if he has developed.

Right backs we are spoilt for choice.. Spence, Cotter (could easily b better than Emmanuel) and young Crowe has been playing for England.

Nice to have that kind of choice.
Barry Cotter. on 22:41 - May 30 with 1871 viewsStNeotsBlue

Barry Cotter. on 22:33 - May 30 by Chocorange

Agreed towards the end of the season Emmanuel was awful against coincidentally Rotherham away..also Forest.

Dont see him as good enough to be a championship defender ...

The Shrewsbury free kick everybody raved about in the play off final was good and quick but it was Josh who lost the man stood behind him who then scored.

Presumesbly he has had a good season though..so kit will b good to see him again and how or if he has developed.

Right backs we are spoilt for choice.. Spence, Cotter (could easily b better than Emmanuel) and young Crowe has been playing for England.

Nice to have that kind of choice.

You're being very harsh. He can't have been that awful against Rotherham as the manager saw enough to take him on loan for the season. He's just won promotion to the Championship and was named their young Player of the Year.

I'm unconvinced about Spence as a right back, his best games for us have been playing centrally in a back 5 as we tended to play it. Cotter has looked decent from the little I've seen of him.
Barry Cotter. on 22:44 - May 30 with 1848 viewsSuperfrans

From what you’ve seen - you mean about 50 minutes of game time? ;-)

All bets will be off next season. Hurst could come in and immediately take a shine to players who McCarthy didn’t fancy and ship out others who were his mainstays. He will be more aware of someone like Emmanuel (who spent the season in Lge 1) than many of our first choice first teamers too.

It’s going to be fascinating...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024