Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final 13:48 - Apr 27 with 3990 viewsBLUEBEAT

...for the possibility of playing in a pointless* Championship match.

* technically not pointless. As 3 are available, but you know what I mean...

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:00 - Apr 27 with 3939 viewsHalf_Idiot

I get that it's not as an exciting prospect as winning something at Wembley but he will be playing to prove himself as a first team player for next season.

The game may be meaningless for the team but it isn't for the individual.
I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:11 - Apr 27 with 3886 viewsSaleAway

ironic that people have spent a lot of the season complaining that our kids are out on loan - we pull them back, and that's bad too....

there's no pleasing some people.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:13 - Apr 27 with 3872 viewsWeirdFishes

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:11 - Apr 27 by SaleAway

ironic that people have spent a lot of the season complaining that our kids are out on loan - we pull them back, and that's bad too....

there's no pleasing some people.

It's a lot different when you loan someone out half way through the season than recalling them on the verge of a Wembley appearance with 2 matches left.

Edit: For the record I'm not bothered at all that we've recalled him, I can just understand why people would feel for him.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 14:14]

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:22 - Apr 27 with 3828 viewsKieran_Knows

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:13 - Apr 27 by WeirdFishes

It's a lot different when you loan someone out half way through the season than recalling them on the verge of a Wembley appearance with 2 matches left.

Edit: For the record I'm not bothered at all that we've recalled him, I can just understand why people would feel for him.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 14:14]

I'm with you, I'm not fussed either, but I imagine he would be jarred off if he just sat on the bench for the next 2 games.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:22 - Apr 27 with 3825 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it's an awful thing to do.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:23 - Apr 27 with 3825 viewsKieran_Knows

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:22 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

The only thing I can think is that he's been given assurances that he'll start the last 2 games and it'll be a chance for him to earn a new contract (is he one that's contract is expiring this summer?).

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:24 - Apr 27 with 3820 viewspointofblue

If Woolfenden is playing and in a chance of winning something then it’s a stupid thing to do. Completely different from the Downes situation where he’s a bench warmer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:27 - Apr 27 with 3804 viewsWeirdFishes

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:22 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

I'm with you, I'm not fussed either, but I imagine he would be jarred off if he just sat on the bench for the next 2 games.

Agreed, if he doesn't play there's no point whatsoever.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:36 - Apr 27 with 3766 viewsIllinoisblue

nah, it's all good. Better that he waits for his Wembley debut with us in front of 90,000 next May.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:43 - Apr 27 with 3734 viewsPinewoodblue

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:36 - Apr 27 by Illinoisblue

nah, it's all good. Better that he waits for his Wembley debut with us in front of 90,000 next May.

Think you mean the semi in April, or even whatever the league cup is called in February.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:47 - Apr 27 with 3727 viewsitfcjoe

I can't imagine they'd have done it without speaking to him and unless absolutely necessary and he was up for it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:50 - Apr 27 with 3697 viewsKieran_Knows

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:47 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

I can't imagine they'd have done it without speaking to him and unless absolutely necessary and he was up for it

Is his contract up this summer, Joe?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:52 - Apr 27 with 3690 viewsitfcjoe

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:50 - Apr 27 by Kieran_Knows

Is his contract up this summer, Joe?

No, he signed a new one earlier in season so has another year plus an option

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:59 - Apr 27 with 3664 viewsKieran_Knows

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:52 - Apr 27 by itfcjoe

No, he signed a new one earlier in season so has another year plus an option

Fair enough, does seem a strange decision to me then. Hey ho!

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 16:48 - Apr 27 with 3492 viewsOsborneOneNil

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:22 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Same as that Lucan
I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 17:07 - Apr 27 with 3437 viewsmanchego

It's a terrible decision unless there is some stuff we don't know about ( contractual / legal / financial / whatever )
I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 17:14 - Apr 27 with 3419 viewsitfcjoe

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 17:07 - Apr 27 by manchego

It's a terrible decision unless there is some stuff we don't know about ( contractual / legal / financial / whatever )

Ultimately it’s Klug who has called him back, so think we should trust him to have made the right decision as knows Woolfie inside out

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 17:16 - Apr 27 with 3412 viewsJ4ck22

I'm sure they asked him first...
I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 18:44 - Apr 27 with 3299 viewsFtnfwest

I’m going to the non league finals day as well! That was the main thing I was looking forward to!
I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 3271 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 14:27 - Apr 27 by WeirdFishes

Agreed, if he doesn't play there's no point whatsoever.

If his next contract depends on what Klug and co. see over the next couple of weeks, whether he plays or not, there's a lot of point. But a shame to miss a big day nonetheless.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 20:55]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know ITFC is his employer but harsh on Woolfenden missing out on Wembley final on 20:52 - Apr 27 with 3175 viewsBluefish

Have you considered the possibility that they asked him? Perhaps he views a championship league appearance to be better than a non league cup.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024