Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc 20:53 - Apr 9 with 5011 viewstextbackup

But the footballing experts on here claim its hoofball, these same people backed MM, whilst telling us of little knowledge that nice football doesn’t get you out of this league.

So with that in mind, might they do ok in this league?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:05 - Apr 9 with 3106 viewsKieran_Knows

I just don’t see the fuss about them personally. They clearly have got something about them, and are doing a good job with Lincoln, but do we really want another couple of years of football as to what we’ve just had/are having?

I keep seeing the Star going on about the ‘Ipswich way’, but they (along with McCarthy), are not the answer, in my opinion, of course.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 3092 viewstextbackup

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:05 - Apr 9 by Kieran_Knows

I just don’t see the fuss about them personally. They clearly have got something about them, and are doing a good job with Lincoln, but do we really want another couple of years of football as to what we’ve just had/are having?

I keep seeing the Star going on about the ‘Ipswich way’, but they (along with McCarthy), are not the answer, in my opinion, of course.

this is what i'm asking, ive seen countless posts stating micks football is perfectly fine for this league, and if those two play the same then surely those fans would be happy with that?

but of course i'd like to see a whole new approach also. I pray its not kuqi tho, I think id rather Butcher and he's last on my list!

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 3082 viewsMach_foreignBlue

As long as they don't have an obsession about matching up opposition and stopping them from playing I'm not fussed at all. It's all about scoring goals and winning matches and they seem to be fine with that.
I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:16 - Apr 9 with 3067 viewsKieran_Knows

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:10 - Apr 9 by textbackup

this is what i'm asking, ive seen countless posts stating micks football is perfectly fine for this league, and if those two play the same then surely those fans would be happy with that?

but of course i'd like to see a whole new approach also. I pray its not kuqi tho, I think id rather Butcher and he's last on my list!

I think it can be effective when played the right way, like the play off season. It was long balls, but it had a purpose. Get it to Murph and have people around him (McGoldrick, especially first half of season), or have Sears play off him (like the second half of the season). See also Leicester. Our problem is that we’ve been playing like Murph has still been here the past couple of seasons, when he hasn’t!

I’m with you though, I want a different approach all together now. That’s why I’d love Mowbray here, have us playing the right way as well as having a slight connection with the club (and he comes with Venus).

Agree about Kuqi, maybe as a youth coach or something, but not First Team Manager!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:24 - Apr 9 with 3036 viewslmfcblue

You can play a direct style and still entertain if it's done with a purpose,with passion and with a clear plan, rather than just knock about at the back then just go long with no real plan. You'll see a Cowley team full of passion and I'm sure he'd bring the crowds back to Portman road as he has done at Lincoln. Hes doing something right up there so yeah he's unproven at this level but he has to be a better choice than a lot of the usual dinosaurs mentioned.
So the question really is..... on 21:26 - Apr 9 with 3028 viewsBloots

.....do they play better hoofball than McCarthy?

Difficult to say really given that they've had less than one season in professional football.

Probably not though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:28 - Apr 9 with 3022 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I have to say, I don’t know much about them.

I’m only going by the two games I saw against them last season and that other people claim it’s hoofing.

If we are going for effective but bad to watch football, mick is the best man for that role.

I’d prefer an exciting apppintment that plays decent football.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:33 - Apr 9 with 2981 viewsitfcjoe

I think they could definitely do ok in this league, just after what one of the main criticisms of Mick having been his style it seems a strange move.

They've done an incredible job at Lincoln, and deserve all the plaudits they are getting - but it is hoof balls, cynical tactics and bullying football - much more so than Mick who generally plays very fair, maybe sometimes to our detriment.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:33 - Apr 9 with 2961 viewsLeoMuff

If if they play hoofball and turn out to be worse than Mick how long before we hear Cowley bros your football is sh1t ?

We just need someone who plays attractive football preferably with itfc connections

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:40 - Apr 9 with 2933 viewschristiand

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:33 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

I think they could definitely do ok in this league, just after what one of the main criticisms of Mick having been his style it seems a strange move.

They've done an incredible job at Lincoln, and deserve all the plaudits they are getting - but it is hoof balls, cynical tactics and bullying football - much more so than Mick who generally plays very fair, maybe sometimes to our detriment.

Couldn't agree more ITFCJoe and this brand of football ultimately finds it's limit and shelf life. There's no doubt the Cowley's have done terrifically well but it is limited, not pretty and a very one dimensional approach - Wimbledon FC from 30 years ago, not really that progressive?!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 21:46]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:00 - Apr 9 with 2850 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:33 - Apr 9 by itfcjoe

Depends why the owner wants a change in manager though, doesn't it?

Is it...

1. To appease the fans
2. To get promoted (the only way Evans will ever see a return)

Whilst seemingly an odd appointment given 'style', a most logical appointment given Evans non changing approach to funding the club.

If Evans was genuinely worried about style, falling attendance, he would have acted a long time ago.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:00 - Apr 9 with 2850 viewsSitfcB

Are they not called the Cowley brothers?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:01 - Apr 9 with 2844 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:33 - Apr 9 by LeoMuff

If if they play hoofball and turn out to be worse than Mick how long before we hear Cowley bros your football is sh1t ?

We just need someone who plays attractive football preferably with itfc connections

The owner needs a manager that can deliver promotion, everything else is secondary.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:02 - Apr 9 with 2840 viewstextbackup

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 21:33 - Apr 9 by LeoMuff

I might have made this up, but don't they have an itfc connection? family members as ST holders?

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:03 - Apr 9 with 2843 viewsHerbivore

They make Mick's football look cultured. Given that the style of play hasn't been good enough for us under Mick this would be a poor appointment and not what we need.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:05 - Apr 9 with 2829 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:03 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

They make Mick's football look cultured. Given that the style of play hasn't been good enough for us under Mick this would be a poor appointment and not what we need.

Its not about what we want though Herbs. It's about what Evans needs.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:07 - Apr 9 with 2823 viewsHerbivore

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:05 - Apr 9 by homer_123

Its not about what we want though Herbs. It's about what Evans needs.

They won't get us up playing that way though. They're not likely to get Lincoln out of League 2 this season either.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:09 - Apr 9 with 2802 viewstextbackup

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:03 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

what is it that's so bad? I honestly haven't seen so no idea

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 2793 viewsHerbivore

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:09 - Apr 9 by textbackup

what is it that's so bad? I honestly haven't seen so no idea

They have a Sunday league level lump up front and just boot it long to him. They're dirty and cynical too. Pretty horrible to watch all round.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:12 - Apr 9 with 2779 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:07 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

They won't get us up playing that way though. They're not likely to get Lincoln out of League 2 this season either.

They've generally taken a season or two to gain promotion with Concord and Braintree for example, they got Lincoln promoted first season.

The point is, given our budget constraints they probably have as good a chance as anyone getting us up. Can you see McLaren working his magic with us and our budget for example? Or Steijn with our technically inferior squad and little budget to work with?

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:14 - Apr 9 with 2771 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:11 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

They have a Sunday league level lump up front and just boot it long to him. They're dirty and cynical too. Pretty horrible to watch all round.

But have had consistent success with three different clubs at various levels....which is my point Herbs. It isn't about what you and I want but what Evans needs.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:15 - Apr 9 with 2763 viewsHerbivore

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:12 - Apr 9 by homer_123

They've generally taken a season or two to gain promotion with Concord and Braintree for example, they got Lincoln promoted first season.

The point is, given our budget constraints they probably have as good a chance as anyone getting us up. Can you see McLaren working his magic with us and our budget for example? Or Steijn with our technically inferior squad and little budget to work with?

If we're not going up irrespective of who takes over then it comes back to style, which rules them out. Do we really want them coaching the likes of Dozzell and Nydam? Morris and Folami wouldn't get a look in. I can't see a case for them in Evans' or anyone else's eyes at this stage.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:17 - Apr 9 with 2749 viewsHerbivore

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:14 - Apr 9 by homer_123

But have had consistent success with three different clubs at various levels....which is my point Herbs. It isn't about what you and I want but what Evans needs.

They've had one season in the football league, mate. I don't see Evans being interested.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:18 - Apr 9 with 2748 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:15 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

If we're not going up irrespective of who takes over then it comes back to style, which rules them out. Do we really want them coaching the likes of Dozzell and Nydam? Morris and Folami wouldn't get a look in. I can't see a case for them in Evans' or anyone else's eyes at this stage.

The question, Herbs, is who is more likely to succeed given the constraints of working at Town?

There is an argument that the Cowleys are more likely to deliver than, say, McClaren or Steijn.

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:19 - Apr 9 with 2734 viewshomer_123

I know nothing of the Lincoln brothers, how they play etc on 22:17 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

They've had one season in the football league, mate. I don't see Evans being interested.

Who are we to say what Evans is or isn't interested in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024