Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Gaffer 11:09 - Apr 1 with 5148 viewsBluefish

I want Steijn or Jones but not sure either is achievable. It needs be someone of that calibre on the way up.

Anyone that is out of work and has been sacked multiple times should be an instant no.

Let's roll the fooking dice. We have got rid of Mick for being cautious so let's go for it and not appoint a safe choice.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New Gaffer on 11:14 - Apr 1 with 4544 viewsFtnfwest

Would go for either of those but worry that if it’s an ‘up and coming’ appointment it’ll be the Cowleys who I think are fine at their level but have absolutely no experience at championship level plus don’t tick the footballing box I think we should be going for. Trouble is Marcus has heard of them....
New Gaffer on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 4536 viewsBluefish

New Gaffer on 11:14 - Apr 1 by Ftnfwest

Would go for either of those but worry that if it’s an ‘up and coming’ appointment it’ll be the Cowleys who I think are fine at their level but have absolutely no experience at championship level plus don’t tick the footballing box I think we should be going for. Trouble is Marcus has heard of them....

I think Lincoln has been mentioned so many times by the fan base and he/they have been talked about so often that Marcus will think they are the fans dream ticket.

I don't want them but would take them over McClaren or half of the other out of work merry go round bunch

Tony Adams or Iain Dowie. (n/t) on 11:20 - Apr 1 with 4519 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

New Gaffer on 11:24 - Apr 1 with 4505 viewsstrikalite

We need a winner..

Mogga, Jones, Cook...
New Gaffer on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 4462 viewsReuser_is_God

On what basis do you want Steijn?

No one on here knows enough about him to say they would want him as manager here.

That’s not to say he’d be a good or bad appointment.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

New Gaffer on 11:52 - Apr 1 with 4462 viewsSomethingBlue

I think Jones would definitely take the job. Would like him to achieve something concrete with Luton first though, ie promotion, before we got too excited about him. I know there are a few in the game who find his confidence a little bit much.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 11:53]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

New Gaffer on 11:55 - Apr 1 with 4433 viewsMullet

New Gaffer on 11:52 - Apr 1 by SomethingBlue

I think Jones would definitely take the job. Would like him to achieve something concrete with Luton first though, ie promotion, before we got too excited about him. I know there are a few in the game who find his confidence a little bit much.

Your last sentence raise a wry smile given all that's gone on here.

I agree though, he's one I could get behind but think expectations might need to be tempered. A huge step up for him whatever anyone says.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New Gaffer on 12:01 - Apr 1 with 4400 viewsleitrimblue

Would love it to be Sligo Rovers legend Paul Cook
Login to get fewer ads

New Gaffer on 12:05 - Apr 1 with 4387 viewsFtnfwest

New Gaffer on 11:17 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

I think Lincoln has been mentioned so many times by the fan base and he/they have been talked about so often that Marcus will think they are the fans dream ticket.

I don't want them but would take them over McClaren or half of the other out of work merry go round bunch

The only one of that latter crowd I’d like is warburton. Just think a project like us given time would be ideal for him and us
New Gaffer on 12:15 - Apr 1 with 4362 viewsBluefish

New Gaffer on 11:48 - Apr 1 by Reuser_is_God

No one on here knows enough about him to say they would want him as manager here.

Good question and at 1st I really didn't. He is a farke like gamble, not quite as bad though because he has proper number 1 experience opposed to reserve level.

I have since decided he will be the biggest risk but potentially the biggest reward and the most clean slate like. It will be a massive breath of fresh air

New Gaffer on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 4351 viewsSuperfrans

I don’t disagree. It would be great to go for a bold choice. A manager who will make bold decisions, take more risks and attack oppositions.

But it is extremely easy for me to say that, I’m not plundering £5m of my own cash into the club every season. And if we get relegated, it’s not my who loses half the value of my stakeholding in the club.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

New Gaffer on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 4351 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. Time for a very fresh approach. Other than Cowley and maybe McClaren. I'm not too adverse to most of the front runners linked.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

New Gaffer on 12:23 - Apr 1 with 4333 viewsRocky

Evans should read this site for guidance. He could then draw up a short list of about 200 names.
New Gaffer on 12:23 - Apr 1 with 4333 viewsBluefish

New Gaffer on 12:05 - Apr 1 by Ftnfwest

The only one of that latter crowd I’d like is warburton. Just think a project like us given time would be ideal for him and us

Warburton is the only out of work that I would consider. Need to have a good chat with some bees about him next week. Of it is to be him makes sense to do it now or soon. That makes me think it won't be and that we just need to wait until May

New Gaffer on 12:26 - Apr 1 with 4312 viewsBluefish

New Gaffer on 12:01 - Apr 1 by leitrimblue

Would love it to be Sligo Rovers legend Paul Cook

No Scousers. How many times do I have to say this?

Possibly a no Irish rule as well to get rid of some if the melts that started following with keane and still pine for him

New Gaffer on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 4285 viewsReuser_is_God

New Gaffer on 12:15 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

Good question and at 1st I really didn't. He is a farke like gamble, not quite as bad though because he has proper number 1 experience opposed to reserve level.

I have since decided he will be the biggest risk but potentially the biggest reward and the most clean slate like. It will be a massive breath of fresh air

Yeah agreed I’d be happy if he is appointed because it represents a shift in direction but none of us can say, with any confidence, he should be our number 1 choice.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

New Gaffer on 12:33 - Apr 1 with 4277 viewsBlue_Order

Dutch flags and orange bannners.
New Gaffer on 12:42 - Apr 1 with 4248 viewsleitrimblue

New Gaffer on 12:26 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

No Scousers. How many times do I have to say this?

Possibly a no Irish rule as well to get rid of some if the melts that started following with keane and still pine for him

Been successful everywhere he managed. Plays good attractive football... Surely no human could pine for Keane, even Triggs secretly hated him
New Gaffer on 13:05 - Apr 1 with 4191 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Yep ! Steijn or Jones for me as we both agreed on that in the concourse yesterday Truce.

Unfortunately though I don't believe that Evans will pay the compensation so we'll end up with someone who is out of work.

I wouldn't be entirely adverse to Warburton but his inability to sort out Forest defensive problems earlier on this season was telling.
New Gaffer on 13:24 - Apr 1 with 4165 viewsBlue_Order

I’d be happy with Warburton, but having watched his time at Rangers, would be skeptical about how far he could take us long term. It was a shïte league, but they played some great football in the Scottish Championship. Then came the SPL where he got found out a bit. Teams would park the bus and he’d have no idea how to win games if the 4-3-3 pass, pass, pass didn’t work. His Plan B was to “do plan A better.” A lot of his signings couldn’t handle the physicality of the league either.

His defence was powderpuff too so we’d end up conceding a lot, but at least it’d be more exciting than grinding out 1-0 defeats. I think the pressure got to him at Rangers and he couldn’t handle the demand of the fans expecting to win every week, but he wouldn’t have that here so could do alright.
New Gaffer on 13:30 - Apr 1 with 4141 viewsFixed_It

New Gaffer on 11:52 - Apr 1 by SomethingBlue

Has a bit of Eddie Howe about him. Which isn't really a negative to be honest. As long as he doesn't have the same air of smugness.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

New Gaffer on 13:31 - Apr 1 with 4136 viewsDennyx4

Hurst would be top of my list. On the way up, done wonders at Grimsby and Shrewsbury.
New Gaffer on 00:29 - Apr 2 with 3943 viewstextbackup

New Gaffer on 12:23 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

Warburton is the only out of work that I would consider. Need to have a good chat with some bees about him next week. Of it is to be him makes sense to do it now or soon. That makes me think it won't be and that we just need to wait until May

agree, think if MW was being seriously considered that he'd already be here by now. likewise with McClaren.
its mogga imo, then if he says no ME looks elsewhere

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New Gaffer on 08:26 - Apr 2 with 3829 viewsSuperfrans

New Gaffer on 12:23 - Apr 1 by Bluefish

The longer it goes on the more chance there is of it being Mowbray. That said I just can’t get my head around him bailing on Blackburn after getting them promoted. That would be quite a story.

The reason we haven’t appointed immediately imho is because the decision to replace Mick wasn’t taken until last Wednesday. Even if Evans had an idea who he’d prefer, he could hardly do anything about it until this past 4/5 days.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

New Gaffer on 08:30 - Apr 2 with 3819 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whilst that’s true, the little we do know about him I like.

- He seems down to earth.
- He seems to think Town are a big club and would love the job.
- He’s worked on a small budget successfully.
- He’s on the way up.
- He wants (‘is open to’) a fresh challenge.
- He plays decent football (apparently).
- He’d get our attendances back up immediately.
- He’s exciting.

It’s a big fat yes from me.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024