Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Criteria for New Manager selection?? 13:09 - Mar 19 with 1868 viewsunstableblue

I shudder at the thought of Marcus making another manager selection after his track record on the last 3 (yes I know Mick saved us from relegation, and has done wonders on a limited budget, but we cannot pass the ball).

What are your thoughts on the below criteria for the new manager, what else?:

1. Young, up and coming, on the rise
2. Has track record of winning and good performance at current level of management
3. Is a technical manager who is adopting new techniques and ways of coaching
4. Promotes a style of play based on passing and movement, promotes attacking style
5. Has bought shrewdly in transfer market, developed a team based on the sum of its part, including the use of loaness
6. Track record of developing youth players
7. Maintains an excellent cheese board, with wide selection of chutneys

I would say Luton, Wigan and Plymouth managers align with these. Perhaps not Mogga - but he would fit a criteria of understanding the club.

Welcome any thoughts... I've pasted

To recap Marcus's five-point strategy is:

1 — ‘To provide a significant ongoing financial commitment to the club’s academy, enabling a steady flow of players into the first-team’

2 — ‘To provide a sustainable and competitive squad salary budget’

3 — ‘To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development’

4 — ‘Maintaining a stable management and coaching team’

5 — ‘To develop a team to play attractive and exciting football’

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 13:22 - Mar 19 with 1828 viewssoupytwist

Most of those are exactly what we should be looking for. We might need to be flexible in some of them as someone who meets every single criterion could be a bit expensive.

However, there's no need for a wide selection of chutneys. I'm not convinced it adds much to a well chosen range of cheeses.
Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 13:31 - Mar 19 with 1802 viewsunstableblue

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 13:22 - Mar 19 by soupytwist

Most of those are exactly what we should be looking for. We might need to be flexible in some of them as someone who meets every single criterion could be a bit expensive.

However, there's no need for a wide selection of chutneys. I'm not convinced it adds much to a well chosen range of cheeses.

Grapes and slices of apple?

Agree its a tall order. I guess one thing is British or European? I think we could have both. But the number one thing needs to be style and preferred system of choice; the goals per game and posession stat of the referenced club managers are bang on the money.

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 16:28 - Mar 19 with 1701 viewsdirtyboy

I'd like to see how Michael Jolley gets on at Grimsby for the rest of the season, if he shows promise with a bit of a turnaround, he could well be a one to watch.....certainly worked with youth teams...
Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 16:37 - Mar 19 with 1681 viewsstrikalite

Forget all that....."don't bring me a good General, bring me a lucky one...."
Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 16:42 - Mar 19 with 1663 viewsunstableblue

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 16:37 - Mar 19 by strikalite

Forget all that....."don't bring me a good General, bring me a lucky one...."

There is always a bit of luck... no doubt a new fairly unproven manager will take a few steps back, and we'll lose a few trying a new system. But a spawny goal in the 90th minute could turn around that form, build some confidence, and of course confidence is a qtr of the battle, the other qtr is energy/agression, the other qtr is players of ability, the final and key is a system of play that males the best use of the players.

Confidence and players of ability have been somewhat our of Micks hands. Energy and being fired up and a basic ability to pass the ball, are firmly the managers responsibility.

Here endeth the lesson.

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:04 - Mar 19 with 1632 viewsstrikalite

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 16:42 - Mar 19 by unstableblue

There is always a bit of luck... no doubt a new fairly unproven manager will take a few steps back, and we'll lose a few trying a new system. But a spawny goal in the 90th minute could turn around that form, build some confidence, and of course confidence is a qtr of the battle, the other qtr is energy/agression, the other qtr is players of ability, the final and key is a system of play that males the best use of the players.

Confidence and players of ability have been somewhat our of Micks hands. Energy and being fired up and a basic ability to pass the ball, are firmly the managers responsibility.

Here endeth the lesson.

I think Warburton would be a good fit, plenty of experience now, ticks a lot of your boxes, he's available, play's firstly on the front foot...

Quite a few nice options, my only concern with someone with only lower league experience is that they could quickly find themselves out of their depth, players and fans quickly pick up on this, Burton played some lovely stuff in League One I remember, it's not just about picking someone who plays a passing game, but I generally want that style and I think Warburton with time could work well here..
Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:09 - Mar 19 with 1613 viewsunstableblue

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:04 - Mar 19 by strikalite

I think Warburton would be a good fit, plenty of experience now, ticks a lot of your boxes, he's available, play's firstly on the front foot...

Quite a few nice options, my only concern with someone with only lower league experience is that they could quickly find themselves out of their depth, players and fans quickly pick up on this, Burton played some lovely stuff in League One I remember, it's not just about picking someone who plays a passing game, but I generally want that style and I think Warburton with time could work well here..

I'd welcome Warburton in a flash... I think his best is yet to come. Real chance he'll find the club to suit him and really push on. Only 55. Proper system of play, would suit the Ipswich 'way'.

Even at Forest his win % was 41; Mick now down to 37% here. Also I don't think his success at Brentford was built on big spending.

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:16 - Mar 19 with 1605 viewsstrikalite

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:09 - Mar 19 by unstableblue

I'd welcome Warburton in a flash... I think his best is yet to come. Real chance he'll find the club to suit him and really push on. Only 55. Proper system of play, would suit the Ipswich 'way'.

Even at Forest his win % was 41; Mick now down to 37% here. Also I don't think his success at Brentford was built on big spending.

Did brilliantly at Brentford, "knows" a player imo, yeah certainly can't judge him for his short spell at Forest, impossible job that and we know it, we're a very patient lot generally, he'd be my first choice, you get a good brand of football with a guy who has plenty of player experience, speaks a lot of sense too..
Login to get fewer ads

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:38 - Mar 19 with 1564 viewstractorboy1978

Criteria for New Manager selection?? on 17:16 - Mar 19 by strikalite

Did brilliantly at Brentford, "knows" a player imo, yeah certainly can't judge him for his short spell at Forest, impossible job that and we know it, we're a very patient lot generally, he'd be my first choice, you get a good brand of football with a guy who has plenty of player experience, speaks a lot of sense too..

His DOF knows a player - we would need to change the structure of the club for him. I wouldn't be averse to him but there are better options.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024