Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This was your chance 09:34 - Mar 14 with 3133 viewsJackSted

3-0 down at home to lowly Hull and all you could muster was a couple "Mick McCarthy your football is sh*t", and "Mick McCarthy get out of our club".

Aye that's definitely gonna convince ME to sack him

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

This was your chance on 09:36 - Mar 14 with 3108 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't think Mick and the team are the problem per se.

Pronouns: He/Him

This was your chance on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 3086 viewsNo9

This was your chance on 09:36 - Mar 14 by Darth_Koont

Who selects the team & who devises the tactics?
This was your chance on 09:37 - Mar 14 with 3096 viewsJackSted

This was your chance on 09:36 - Mar 14 by Darth_Koont

Even so, they should've directed some of the chants to ME instead of the hard-hearted ones to Mick

TWTD Supervillain

This was your chance on 09:38 - Mar 14 with 3086 viewsGuthrum

It had sufficient impact to provoke the huddle incident. Evans himself wasn't there to hear or see any protests.

I doubt he pays much attention to such things anyway.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This was your chance on 09:44 - Mar 14 with 3059 viewssotd78

Those chants actually probably weren't the most damaging. The "Hoof" and "Ole" and "We've got the ball" calls were actually far more damaging. Players attempting to make things happen - like Nydam - at age 18 would go into their shell. McCarthy probably did the right thing in bringing him off.

Sacking McCarthy will not solve the problem. Finding an owner willing to put in more money is the real problem.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

This was your chance on 09:56 - Mar 14 with 3003 viewsHennikerBlu

Well here is the nub of the problem:

1. There are those fans that want MM out now or pretty soon.

2. There are those fans that want to see change but don't know what that is or what is the strategy of the club. What does ME really want to do?

3. There are those that in our current league position and on our resources feel that MM is doing a good job. Outside of the club that 'seems' to be the majority view.

So whilst people are up for change, there is no consensus on what that change should be like. There have been several posts having digs at how our fans are making their feelings known or protesting. Rather than criticise can you suggest how we should approach protesting and could you give an example of where that has been successful at another similar size or bigger club?
This was your chance on 09:57 - Mar 14 with 3001 viewsDarth_Koont

This was your chance on 09:37 - Mar 14 by JackSted

Even so, they should've directed some of the chants to ME instead of the hard-hearted ones to Mick

That's my point. It comes across as if the team and Mick in particular are the root of the problem rather than a symptom.

Not a lack of funding relative to the competition ...

Not a lack of visibility from the owner ...

Not the state of the pitch ... or the North roof...

Not injuries that have taken away much of the creativity in midfield ...

Not soon to be 16 years in the division, mostly marooned in midtable ...

Not the frustrating memory of when we were actually a good and successful top-flight team ...

Not the uninspiring slog that is a Championship season at the best of times ...

Not the depressing state of modern football even if we did get promoted ...

Not the chipping away of security, happiness and real sense of belonging in modern society that football should at least be an escape from...

There are many, many reasons (and people will have a few of their own) that we are where we are. But if the team and whoever the manager is have to continue bearing the brunt of that then our decline from even a midtable Championship side will become inevitable and gather pace.

Pronouns: He/Him

This was your chance on 10:27 - Mar 14 with 2814 viewsPinewoodblue

This was your chance on 09:57 - Mar 14 by Darth_Koont

That's my point. It comes across as if the team and Mick in particular are the root of the problem rather than a symptom.

Not a lack of funding relative to the competition ...

Not a lack of visibility from the owner ...

Not the state of the pitch ... or the North roof...

Not injuries that have taken away much of the creativity in midfield ...

Not soon to be 16 years in the division, mostly marooned in midtable ...

Not the frustrating memory of when we were actually a good and successful top-flight team ...

Not the uninspiring slog that is a Championship season at the best of times ...

Not the depressing state of modern football even if we did get promoted ...

Not the chipping away of security, happiness and real sense of belonging in modern society that football should at least be an escape from...

There are many, many reasons (and people will have a few of their own) that we are where we are. But if the team and whoever the manager is have to continue bearing the brunt of that then our decline from even a midtable Championship side will become inevitable and gather pace.

Evans sort it out is the chant we need to hear.

We have been in the top flight for five of the last thirty years .

Fans aged under twenty five don't have significant memories of better times.

As for the general state of football the fact McCarthy will be in demand sums it up.

If McCarthy wasn't so pig headed and at least tried to put together a cup run fsns might be more forgiving.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

This was your chance on 10:54 - Mar 14 with 2759 viewsJ2BLUE

What would you have done?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This was your chance on 11:02 - Mar 14 with 2725 viewsJ2BLUE

This was your chance on 09:56 - Mar 14 by HennikerBlu

Well here is the nub of the problem:

1. There are those fans that want MM out now or pretty soon.

2. There are those fans that want to see change but don't know what that is or what is the strategy of the club. What does ME really want to do?

3. There are those that in our current league position and on our resources feel that MM is doing a good job. Outside of the club that 'seems' to be the majority view.

So whilst people are up for change, there is no consensus on what that change should be like. There have been several posts having digs at how our fans are making their feelings known or protesting. Rather than criticise can you suggest how we should approach protesting and could you give an example of where that has been successful at another similar size or bigger club?

Seems clear to me that ME wants to keep MM here. He hasn't said a word in the hope that the situation would fix itself. It clearly isn't going to. Evans can now choose to keep MM with the fans completely turning or release him at the end of his contract and bring someone else in.

I genuinely have no clue which one he will choose. The sensible option would be to release a statement announcing MM is going at the end of the season by mutual consent. I have no faith that Evans will let him go.

Truly impaired.

This was your chance on 11:16 - Mar 14 with 2686 viewsPinewoodblue

This was your chance on 11:02 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Seems clear to me that ME wants to keep MM here. He hasn't said a word in the hope that the situation would fix itself. It clearly isn't going to. Evans can now choose to keep MM with the fans completely turning or release him at the end of his contract and bring someone else in.

I genuinely have no clue which one he will choose. The sensible option would be to release a statement announcing MM is going at the end of the season by mutual consent. I have no faith that Evans will let him go.

No need for mutual consent, unless MM is going after Bristol City game. Contract up, not renewed end of.

Loyal supporters, those considering renewal of season tickets, need to be told:-

Evans ownership remains long term, or he is looking to sell

McCarthy staying or going. If going the structure going forward. Similar as now, but a limited number of option many of which will not inspire fans, or Board member between Milne and A new younger manager, a Proper Director of Football. ( Don't we already have someone with that job title reporting to MM)

Commitment to invest all season ticket income on players once we meet a target, 10,000 I would suggest.

Indicate intention to commit 100% to all cup competitions

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This was your chance on 11:16 - Mar 14 with 2685 viewsbluehook

This was your chance on 11:02 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

If MM is such a fine managerial catch, then perhaps we can hope that another team poaches him from us in the near future.
This was your chance on 12:15 - Mar 14 with 2609 viewsJ2BLUE

This was your chance on 11:16 - Mar 14 by Pinewoodblue

No need for mutual consent, unless MM is going after Bristol City game. Contract up, not renewed end of.

Loyal supporters, those considering renewal of season tickets, need to be told:-

Evans ownership remains long term, or he is looking to sell

McCarthy staying or going. If going the structure going forward. Similar as now, but a limited number of option many of which will not inspire fans, or Board member between Milne and A new younger manager, a Proper Director of Football. ( Don't we already have someone with that job title reporting to MM)

Commitment to invest all season ticket income on players once we meet a target, 10,000 I would suggest.

Indicate intention to commit 100% to all cup competitions

Mutual consent is just a courtesy, a meaningless gesture.

Truly impaired.

This was your chance on 12:44 - Mar 14 with 2581 viewsJackSted

This was your chance on 10:54 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

What would you have done?

Better than what you guys did yesterday

TWTD Supervillain

This was your chance on 12:52 - Mar 14 with 2555 viewsSouperJim

This was your chance on 12:44 - Mar 14 by JackSted

And you didn't because...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

This was your chance on 13:28 - Mar 14 with 2512 viewsHennikerBlu

This was your chance on 12:44 - Mar 14 by JackSted

I would ask you to give an example of where the fans of a club of our size or bigger have succeeded in influencing the ownership to significantly change or to do what the fans want?

MUFC had significant protests when the club was sold, how did that work out?

Leeds, Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall, Portsmouth.....

I am genuinely interested in what you think should be done and further to why you believe ME will do something based on what the (not all) fans want?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024