Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time traveller from 2030 16:17 - Feb 14 with 2740 viewsHeathlander

He also claimed electric car will travel up to 600 miles on a single charge by 2021 and advises people to invest their time and money in sustainable energy.

Artificial intelligence, he says, will be huge by 2021 and a popular device which will look like Google glasses but have the processing power of todays computers, will take over.

He also claims that the winner of the 2020 presidential election will be Donald Trump. "I can say this with 100 per cent certainty, I am not giving you my opinion," he says.

If this is true it's a better tip than Aldershot on Saturday. Get your money on Trump. But on the plus side although not much has changed we still don't live under water
Time traveller from 2030 on 16:30 - Feb 14 with 2670 viewsjaseitfc

Living under water? I wouldn't expect that by 2030 , it's the year 3000 mate ask Busted
Time traveller from 2030 on 16:31 - Feb 14 with 2666 viewsFinidiCentenary

The same 'time traveller' who won't show his face, because his mum will likely ground him.

The same one who could potentially prove his theory by teaming up with the current version of himself?

Who came back in time to 2018 without bothering to at least memorise a few sports results or events. I am sure if he'd have turned round a couple of days ago and told us Elise Christie would get shoved out of the final, Spurs would be 2-0 in 8 minutes at Juve and a Danish prince would die then people might take him seriously.

It's just sloppy on the part of any time traveller to come back to a time when time travel didn't exist and have nothing more than 'the current President will be re-elected. You'll see in two years!'.

You mean this guy can't remember anything that happened in his life in 2018? Lol.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 16:33]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Time traveller from 2030 on 16:32 - Feb 14 with 2653 viewsconnorscontract

Umm, maybe some context would help. Otherwise it just reads like those bots that post random extracts of text in the comments under click-bait articles.

Maybe a link? Or telling us who this purported time traveller is? And why he would go to the trouble of inventing Time Travel and go back only 12 years...

To be honest, it raises more questions than it answers.
Time traveller from 2030 on 16:47 - Feb 14 with 2608 viewsDarth_Koont

AI already is huge but it's much more of a backend behind the scenes thing than the usual Blade Runner/Robot style we're used to. That and machine learning are already deep and getting deeper within the algorithms that shape our digital lives and an increasing amount offline.

But the interesting thing is when AI becomes dominant as a way of expanding our consciousness and transforming the potential of our species. That's not that far off - which is both very exciting and very scary.

Pronouns: He/Him

Time traveller from 2030 on 16:52 - Feb 14 with 2592 viewsCotty

Time traveller from 2030 on 16:47 - Feb 14 by Darth_Koont

AI already is huge but it's much more of a backend behind the scenes thing than the usual Blade Runner/Robot style we're used to. That and machine learning are already deep and getting deeper within the algorithms that shape our digital lives and an increasing amount offline.

But the interesting thing is when AI becomes dominant as a way of expanding our consciousness and transforming the potential of our species. That's not that far off - which is both very exciting and very scary.

What's interesting about most of the AI algorithms is that they are often incredibly simple (relatively). It is our increased processing power and data storage capabilities that allow them to be useful. Essentially crunching huge amounts of data in a short amount of time. As you say, the time of AI is already here. You may or may not know it, but we are all benefiting or being influenced by AI almost every day. The time of the maths bod has finally arrived...
Time traveller from 2030 on 17:09 - Feb 14 with 2548 viewsDarth_Koont

Time traveller from 2030 on 16:52 - Feb 14 by Cotty

What's interesting about most of the AI algorithms is that they are often incredibly simple (relatively). It is our increased processing power and data storage capabilities that allow them to be useful. Essentially crunching huge amounts of data in a short amount of time. As you say, the time of AI is already here. You may or may not know it, but we are all benefiting or being influenced by AI almost every day. The time of the maths bod has finally arrived...

God help us all!!

I think the science (programming, engineering and maths) is fascinating. But I think the whole ethical/existential stuff is even more interesting - it could literally transform how we see ourselves as a race and individuals, which is incredible stuff. Packing the centuries-long shifts of say the Enlightenment or the Industrial Revolution into only a few years. And probably creating a much more fundamental shift in how we live and how we see ourselves too.

Luckily I have faith in the younger generation's easy relationship to change but I can see a majority of 30+ people really struggling to keep up. I'd include myself in that as a pre-duffer but I'm also happy to see where it takes me.

Pronouns: He/Him

Time traveller from 2030 on 17:36 - Feb 14 with 2493 viewstcblue

It's a shame he didn't go to Stephen Hawking's party for time travelers.
Time traveller from 2030 on 19:03 - Feb 14 with 2401 viewsTractorWood

Uppie for Busted reference.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Time traveller from 2030 on 20:01 - Feb 14 with 2340 viewsJ2BLUE

Youtube is full of videos of people claiming to be time travellers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024