Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrumph 11:59 - Jan 29 with 2148 viewsGuthrum

Looks like I'm going to be sucked into the Universal Credit shambles. Unable to work (self employed) for up to six weeks with a damaged shoulder, told that all sick benefit provision is now part of UC. Not impressed.

Will probably be better by the time I get any money anyway.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 12:01]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Harrumph on 12:03 - Jan 29 with 2086 viewsunbelievablue

What would you have received previously, income support?

Sorry to hear it.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 12:04]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Harrumph on 12:07 - Jan 29 with 2081 viewsGuthrum

Harrumph on 12:03 - Jan 29 by unbelievablue

What would you have received previously, income support?

Sorry to hear it.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 12:04]

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

It's a lot harder to escape from UC unless you have a well-paid job working over 40 hours per week (not 37ish, as most people are actually contracted for).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Harrumph on 12:21 - Jan 29 with 2044 viewsRyorry

Harrumph on 12:07 - Jan 29 by Guthrum

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

It's a lot harder to escape from UC unless you have a well-paid job working over 40 hours per week (not 37ish, as most people are actually contracted for).

Sounds designed not to pay out ...

Wish you better - very quickly!

Neighbour renovating his own old barn; together with mate, they climbed 2 ladders to lift stone lintel weighing god knows wot, to 1st floor window. Mate dropped his end, they both fell off, one had to be air-ambulanced to hosp w. head injury - luckily minor and "only" a 1-night stay. Other uninjured, but I think they'll be using a platform in future - well according to neighbour's Mum who lives next door to barn, they will be!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harrumph on 12:34 - Jan 29 with 2023 viewsBent_double

I know someone who put in a simple claim for housing benefit in June last year. Their only income is a pension, living on their own in rented accomodation, spending practically all the pension on the rent and having to use food banks.

Twice he has been given dates and amounts when payments would be made, both times those dates have come and gone without so much as an explanation as to why the money hasn't been paid.

The guy is in his mid-seventies, worked and paid tax all his life, never claimed a benefit before, he's now reduced to living off scraps and looking ill because of all the stress.

As you say, you'll probably be better and back working before you even see a payment....great system, eh?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Harrumph on 12:36 - Jan 29 with 1997 viewsRyorry

Harrumph on 12:34 - Jan 29 by Bent_double

I know someone who put in a simple claim for housing benefit in June last year. Their only income is a pension, living on their own in rented accomodation, spending practically all the pension on the rent and having to use food banks.

Twice he has been given dates and amounts when payments would be made, both times those dates have come and gone without so much as an explanation as to why the money hasn't been paid.

The guy is in his mid-seventies, worked and paid tax all his life, never claimed a benefit before, he's now reduced to living off scraps and looking ill because of all the stress.

As you say, you'll probably be better and back working before you even see a payment....great system, eh?

Shocking :(

Harrumph on 15:12 - Jan 29 with 1888 viewsfactual_blue

The official metaphor for UC is 'the lobster pot'. Easy to get in, but you'll never gwt out....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Harrumph on 15:20 - Jan 29 with 1863 viewsfactual_blue

Yeah, but workshy scroungers...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Harrumph on 16:08 - Jan 29 with 1827 viewsClapham_Junction

Not the same thing, but reminded me of this tweet I saw the other day...

What an awful way to spend your last few months :(
Login to get fewer ads

Harrumph on 16:13 - Jan 29 with 1803 viewsRyorry

Harrumph on 16:08 - Jan 29 by Clapham_Junction

Not the same thing, but reminded me of this tweet I saw the other day...

What an awful way to spend your last few months :(

Jeeez ... And quite, Clapham J.

R.I.P. (will be more than he got in his last few months on earth ...)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024