Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition 09:28 - Jan 29 with 6142 viewsartsbossbeard

The world has finally gone mad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42855169

I just can't imagine getting that worked up about the placement of a sunbed.

Brits abroad.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:36 - Jan 29 with 5075 viewsHeathlander

Just another way of rinsing money out of the public. If it's £22 a day then that's crazy.
Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:38 - Jan 29 with 5071 viewsReuser_is_God

The Germans do.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:38 - Jan 29 with 5073 viewsWD19

More or less mad than having to pay extra to jump the queue to get on a plane, take luggage with you anywhere you are going for 2 weeks and/or eat and drink when on a very long flight!?
Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 5059 viewswitchdoctor

folk pay extra to secure a seat on a plane for a few hours so why not for a sunbed where they will probs be spending a lot longer...even make a few bob by sub letting when they go out on a day trip..😬
Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 5058 viewsITFC_Forever

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:36 - Jan 29 by Heathlander

Just another way of rinsing money out of the public. If it's £22 a day then that's crazy.

I read it as £22 per person for the holiday.

Place we went to in Tenerife a couple of years ago had 3 pools. No-one was allowed access to the sunbeds until 10am (was roped off / locked). Much more civilised.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:13 - Jan 29 with 5001 viewsfactual_blue

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:40 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

Place we went to in Tenerife a couple of years ago had 3 pools. No-one was allowed access to the sunbeds until 10am (was roped off / locked). Much more civilised.

Thirty or more years ago I remember reading that some British holiday makers, fed up with the Germans nicking all the sun beds at 6:00 am, got up one morning at 4:00 am and arranged all the sun beds into the shape of a swastika.

They had, apparently, no more sun bed-related problems.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:15 - Jan 29 with 4999 viewshype313

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:13 - Jan 29 by factual_blue

Thirty or more years ago I remember reading that some British holiday makers, fed up with the Germans nicking all the sun beds at 6:00 am, got up one morning at 4:00 am and arranged all the sun beds into the shape of a swastika.

Think the best travel advice to give, is to go somewhere where there are the least amount of Brits wandering around.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 4994 viewsBent_double

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 09:40 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

Same here - hotel in Costa Adeje - plus the staff went around a few times a day and put polite notes on sunbeds that had been 'reserved' reminding them not to do it.

Personally, I would just go and remove the towels and use the sunbed anyway if someone had clearly tried to reserve it.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 4989 views_

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:13 - Jan 29 by factual_blue

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:18 - Jan 29 with 4985 viewshype313

on 10:17 - Jan 29 by _

As horrible as it is to admit, it really wouldn't surprise me.

on 10:21 - Jan 29 with 4983 views_

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:18 - Jan 29 by hype313

As horrible as it is to admit, it really wouldn't surprise me.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 4968 viewsfactual_blue

on 10:17 - Jan 29 by _

It was, IIRC correctly, a letter in the Sunday Times.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:29 - Jan 29 with 4960 viewsfactual_blue

on 10:21 - Jan 29 by _

We always go out of season.

The most ridiculous Brit I've ever seen had a tattoo of Churchill, three Spitfires and the Elizabeth Tower on his leg.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 4962 viewshype313

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:29 - Jan 29 by factual_blue

We always go out of season.

The most ridiculous Brit I've ever seen had a tattoo of Churchill, three Spitfires and the Elizabeth Tower on his leg.

Was he from Bentley?

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:34 - Jan 29 with 4955 viewsartsbossbeard

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:15 - Jan 29 by hype313

Think the best travel advice to give, is to go somewhere where there are the least amount of Brits wandering around.

Sage advice this.

I'll take a small splattering of Brits over a Brit orientated hotel any day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:37 - Jan 29 with 4937 viewsfactual_blue

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:31 - Jan 29 by hype313

Was he from Bentley?

p.s. balls

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:39 - Jan 29 with 4937 viewsLord_Lucan

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:34 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

Sage advice this.

I'll take a small splattering of Brits over a Brit orientated hotel any day.

I tend to avoid places where there are lots of Brits and or Americans.

Canadians are some of the nicest holidaymakers you will ever meet.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:48 - Jan 29 with 4916 viewsartsbossbeard

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:39 - Jan 29 by Lord_Lucan

I tend to avoid places where there are lots of Brits and or Americans.

Canadians are some of the nicest holidaymakers you will ever meet.

I've always found The Germans to be very pleasant holidaymakers. See also, The Dutch.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:52 - Jan 29 with 4897 viewsfactual_blue

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:48 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

I've always found The Germans to be very pleasant holidaymakers. See also, The Dutch.

I gather in the hotel trade the French are seen as the worst tourists. Move round in big noisy groups, expect everything to be French.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:04 - Jan 29 with 4871 viewsartsbossbeard

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 10:52 - Jan 29 by factual_blue

I gather in the hotel trade the French are seen as the worst tourists. Move round in big noisy groups, expect everything to be French.

The Russians take some beating on the worst tourist front, I reckon.

The local airport to the area we tend to holiday in had to install a new barrier system for passport control as the accepted queue scenario was simply being ignored.

I also had the displeasure of some Kazakhstan vacationers a couple of years back. Drank from morning to night, were loud and obnoxious and also extremely rude to the hotel staff. I was queuing for a lunch time beer when one pushed in to the front and simply stood there talking to his mate whilst holding out his beer glass to be refilled. I was gobsmacked. I did say something to him but he was too drunk to care.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 4864 viewshype313

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:04 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

The Russians take some beating on the worst tourist front, I reckon.

The local airport to the area we tend to holiday in had to install a new barrier system for passport control as the accepted queue scenario was simply being ignored.

I also had the displeasure of some Kazakhstan vacationers a couple of years back. Drank from morning to night, were loud and obnoxious and also extremely rude to the hotel staff. I was queuing for a lunch time beer when one pushed in to the front and simply stood there talking to his mate whilst holding out his beer glass to be refilled. I was gobsmacked. I did say something to him but he was too drunk to care.

When I was in Mauritius the Ruskies were quite vile to be honest.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:06 - Jan 29 with 4853 viewsunbelievablue

They're still embarrassed about travelling (invading).

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:09 - Jan 29 with 4845 viewsartsbossbeard

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:05 - Jan 29 by hype313

When I was in Mauritius the Ruskies were quite vile to be honest.

My Father-in-Law is an ex Russian Language teacher and has visited Russia many times.

He puts the perceived rudeness down to culture and harks back to the times when food/money was scarce, meaning that if you didn't push yourself forward, there's every chance you wouldn't eat that day. Makes sense to me.

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 4831 viewsunbelievablue

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:09 - Jan 29 by artsbossbeard

My Father-in-Law is an ex Russian Language teacher and has visited Russia many times.

He puts the perceived rudeness down to culture and harks back to the times when food/money was scarce, meaning that if you didn't push yourself forward, there's every chance you wouldn't eat that day. Makes sense to me.

All well and good in Soviet times, in Russia. Stop being d!cks now says I.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Thomas Cook - pre booking sunbeds edition on 11:11 - Jan 29 with 4829 viewsLord_Lucan

I haven't met many Dutch on holibops but I imagine they are as cool as feck. The Germans in Thailand leave a bit to be desired but I don't think you can class any tourists in Thailand as typical.

You are right about The Russians, they really take the biscuit. Saw some terrible scenes in India, the staff were scared of them - so were I if I'm perfectly honest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024