Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories 12:47 - Dec 7 with 4730 viewsMaySixth

an unforgettable day for everyone who was there

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A9mSs3BHOClaj28ABRFLBQx.;_yl

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 13:17 - Dec 7 with 4678 viewsGeoffSentence

It was a fabulous match, for some reason I went ages thinking that his third one was a cheeky little flick off his back foot, but that must have been in another game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 17:40 - Dec 7 with 4566 viewsMelford

I was 7, they used to let kids mooch about by the players tunnel before the game and I must have got pretty much everybody who played that day's autograph.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 18:06 - Dec 7 with 4543 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

I wasn't there. But then I was about two months old...!

Speaking of memories of encounters against Boro though, I do have very fond memories of our trip up there seven years ago. Very much unfancied heading away to a team that were favourites for the title and we duffed them 3-1 despite going a goal behind.

(No video obviously but there is this on YT:)

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 22:42 - Dec 7 with 4432 viewsgainsboroughblue

Possibly the best individual performance I have ever seen by a Town player. RIP Dalian.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 22:46 - Dec 7 with 4424 viewssudburyblue16

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 13:17 - Dec 7 by GeoffSentence

It was a fabulous match, for some reason I went ages thinking that his third one was a cheeky little flick off his back foot, but that must have been in another game.

Think the goal you're describing was against Birmingham at PR, in the same season as the Boro 4-0.
Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 22:53 - Dec 7 with 4420 viewsVaughan8

The game that sticks in my memory is the game that got abandoned after about 40ish minutes due to frozen part of the pitch. The the club rudely requested money for the rearranged game. A disgrace!

I went to one up at the riverside and didn’t even see our goal cos it was a last min penalty (think it was Walters) and we were already 3-0 down so I left to beat the rush....!
Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 09:53 - Dec 8 with 4330 viewsNo9

I remember Brian Clough playing for M'Bro at PR
Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 11:11 - Dec 8 with 4299 viewssolemio

That was definitely a memorable day.

Mind you, Boro had a useless pair of central defenders; Tony Mowbray and Gary Pallister. A few days earlier Pallister had received his first England call-up.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 15:02 - Dec 8 with 4240 viewsWe_hate_Norwich

My favourite (that I've attended) was Easter 2001 at the Riverside. One nil down at HT to a Dean Windass goal.

Up steps former 'Boro player Alun Armstrong to grab a brace and seal a 2-1 - great scenes and we were still in the hunt for a Top 4 finish.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 15:09]

I just don't like the colours Yellow and Green.

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 15:39 - Dec 8 with 4223 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 15:02 - Dec 8 by We_hate_Norwich

My favourite (that I've attended) was Easter 2001 at the Riverside. One nil down at HT to a Dean Windass goal.

Up steps former 'Boro player Alun Armstrong to grab a brace and seal a 2-1 - great scenes and we were still in the hunt for a Top 4 finish.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 15:09]

Back then it was top three for Champions League qualification. An unlucky 2-1 defeat at Charlton ended our chances.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 17:02 - Dec 8 with 4196 viewsWe_hate_Norwich

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 15:39 - Dec 8 by The_Last_Baron

Back then it was top three for Champions League qualification. An unlucky 2-1 defeat at Charlton ended our chances.

AAaaah yes, of course.

We were always there or there abouts. Remember the journey home from 'Boro, Town fans beeping their horns when Liverpool went behind (I think?)

I just don't like the colours Yellow and Green.

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 18:51 - Dec 8 with 4153 viewsJohnhoz

I was at this game. Hilarious last minute penalty miss

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 19:28 - Dec 8 with 4129 viewsgosblue

The one that sticks in my mind was at Ayresome Park in May 1981. Villa lost at Arsenal so if we had beaten Boro and won our game in hand v Palace we would have won the league. We lost 2-1 with Jankovic scoring twice. At least we still had a little trip to Amsterdam to look forward to.
What a season: We beat Norwich in a league cup replay, got to the Semi-final of the FA Cup, finished 2nd in the league and won the Eufa Cup. I remember some plonker on TV suggesting to Bobby Robson that we'd had a bad season. TWTD
Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 19:38 - Dec 8 with 4118 viewsJohnhoz

Ipswich v Middlesbrough memories on 19:28 - Dec 8 by gosblue

The one that sticks in my mind was at Ayresome Park in May 1981. Villa lost at Arsenal so if we had beaten Boro and won our game in hand v Palace we would have won the league. We lost 2-1 with Jankovic scoring twice. At least we still had a little trip to Amsterdam to look forward to.
What a season: We beat Norwich in a league cup replay, got to the Semi-final of the FA Cup, finished 2nd in the league and won the Eufa Cup. I remember some plonker on TV suggesting to Bobby Robson that we'd had a bad season. TWTD

I saw an interview with SBR whilst he was at Newcastle. He was showing Gary Lineker around the club and they were talking about his career. They were chatting about Ronaldo and Barcelona, PSV, Sporting Lisbon England, he said "We should have won the league at Ipswich" Lineker looked surprised and said 'do you still think about that' SBR emphatically said 'oh yes' that was a really good team

It was nice to hear when you consider everything he did after ITFC

Go to 5:20 and listen for a couple of minutes. Also I love listening to his team talk at 3:30

Ipswich at 22:00

Listen to him at 43:10 about having to leave Ipswich

[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 19:58]

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024