Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? 09:00 - Nov 27 with 1810 viewstextbackup

As painful as that is to see I can't see MM allowing Iorfa or Spence to play again after how poor they've been

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:04 - Nov 27 with 1797 viewsSteve_M

Has Spence really been poor though? If we want to play attacking fullbacks we have to accept they will not be as solid defensively as, say, Chambers or Stearman at right-back. That's just a balance that has to be made.

The right back being over-loaded because the midfield has got caught too far forward (Norwich, SWFC's second) is a different problem.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:06 - Nov 27 with 1785 viewsArnieM

Smith is not the way forward for our defence , but at the moment he probably would partner Webster. Equally Chambers would be found out at Right Back . In short we have a slow , predictably suspect defence , , that with Webster exception is very poor and we will never get promoted with this current set of defenders. We have nothing else at the Club presently , experienced enough or good enough to replace any of them.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:09 - Nov 27 with 1777 viewsSomethingBlue

Don't think so. People are exaggerating Spence's apparent poorness - funny how these things just become received wisdom isn't it. He's fine.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:09 - Nov 27 with 1772 viewstextbackup

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:04 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Has Spence really been poor though? If we want to play attacking fullbacks we have to accept they will not be as solid defensively as, say, Chambers or Stearman at right-back. That's just a balance that has to be made.

The right back being over-loaded because the midfield has got caught too far forward (Norwich, SWFC's second) is a different problem.

Defensively Spence has been all over the place, I watch defenders more than most to be honest as I played there in younger years.
He looks so uncomfortable when we are defending, going forward is a different story, but there's too many defensive mistakes IMO

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:11 - Nov 27 with 1768 viewsFixed_It

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:09 - Nov 27 by SomethingBlue

Don't think so. People are exaggerating Spence's apparent poorness - funny how these things just become received wisdom isn't it. He's fine.

You're forgetting that he single-handedly (literally) gifted the game to Sheff Weds on the telly last week, therefore he must be shocking. Or something like that...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:17 - Nov 27 with 1750 viewschristiand

I was thinking more along the lines that now we are getting some of our midfielders back that Connolly plays at right back. For all Spence's good work offensively, to me he looks like he really lacks any pace and struggles when up against a speedy winger.

Although Smith is wholehearted in his defending, I don't think I have ever seen a centre half allow the ball to bounce so much. For me, it has still got to be Chambers and Webster centrally.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2017 9:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:24 - Nov 27 with 1720 viewsITFC_Forever

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:17 - Nov 27 by christiand

I was thinking more along the lines that now we are getting some of our midfielders back that Connolly plays at right back. For all Spence's good work offensively, to me he looks like he really lacks any pace and struggles when up against a speedy winger.

Although Smith is wholehearted in his defending, I don't think I have ever seen a centre half allow the ball to bounce so much. For me, it has still got to be Chambers and Webster centrally.

Agree with this.

Connolly has shown he can tackle and is a half-decent player, so with several of the CMs now regaining fitness, it would be logical to play him at RB.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:25 - Nov 27 with 1715 viewstextbackup

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:09 - Nov 27 by SomethingBlue

Passing - poor
Awareness - poor
Positioning - poor

He plays the ball out of play from simple passes 3/4 times a game, is that fine?

Login to get fewer ads

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:28 - Nov 27 with 1707 viewstextbackup

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:17 - Nov 27 by christiand

Yeah agree with that, good little player connelly

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:40 - Nov 27 with 1672 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:24 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

Agree with this.

Connolly has shown he can tackle and is a half-decent player, so with several of the CMs now regaining fitness, it would be logical to play him at RB.

Would seem the step logically, but we'll have to wait and see what the Manager thinks is the best course of action. Also, I think Spence is doing a decent job (better than most are given him credit for)

With Huws back, Mick will be desperate to play him. Also what has happened to Nydam and particularly Downes? They've not been involved for a few weeks which is understandable given their ages, but would expect them to be involved in the next few games given the rapid turnaround between them.
If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:41 - Nov 27 with 1668 viewsITFC_Forever

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:40 - Nov 27 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Would seem the step logically, but we'll have to wait and see what the Manager thinks is the best course of action. Also, I think Spence is doing a decent job (better than most are given him credit for)

With Huws back, Mick will be desperate to play him. Also what has happened to Nydam and particularly Downes? They've not been involved for a few weeks which is understandable given their ages, but would expect them to be involved in the next few games given the rapid turnaround between them.

They were always going to move down the pecking order again as more senior players became available.

Huws is back, Bishop is pretty much back, Skuse is undroppable etc.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 10:40 - Nov 27 with 1606 viewsCurrie10

If smith is 100% fit, do we then see chambers back to RB? on 09:06 - Nov 27 by ArnieM

Smith is not the way forward for our defence , but at the moment he probably would partner Webster. Equally Chambers would be found out at Right Back . In short we have a slow , predictably suspect defence , , that with Webster exception is very poor and we will never get promoted with this current set of defenders. We have nothing else at the Club presently , experienced enough or good enough to replace any of them.

This.

Haven't missed his allowing the ball to bounce ala Cardiff.

Not the answer for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024