Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick "Round pegs, square holes" 18:54 - Aug 26 with 3520 viewsElderGrizzly

His interview saying Waghorn not a RM, Ward not a CM and Sears not a LW.

Yet we had a CM on the bench, 2 LW on the bench and Ward could go wide right.

Still an excellent start, but he didn't have to go that way and for once matching up Fulham would have helped a bit. Still, not going to bash him too much for being bold!
Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 18:58 - Aug 26 with 2879 viewsDennyx4

Can see why he started that way, and not wanting to change a winning team.

We needed 3 in central midfield for me, but probably too late by the time we made the subs (2-0 down.)
Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 18:59 - Aug 26 with 2873 viewsITFCBlues

Yeah I was thinking that. I'm sure we will still see Sears playing wide left over Celina at QPR...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:05 - Aug 26 with 2828 viewsfactual_blue

Completely disagree. It's clearly a case of square pegs in round holes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:06 - Aug 26 with 2832 viewsgt81

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 18:59 - Aug 26 by ITFCBlues

Yeah I was thinking that. I'm sure we will still see Sears playing wide left over Celina at QPR...

I don't know, now the 100% record is gone he might change it up for QPR.

With what we've got at the moment I'd go with:

Celina - Downes - Skuse - Ward

Would also switch the positions of Spence and Iorfa.
Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:09 - Aug 26 with 2814 viewsHerbivore

He'd have been hammered if he'd changed a winning team and then lost.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:11 - Aug 26 with 2805 viewspointofblue

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:09 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

He'd have been hammered if he'd changed a winning team and then lost.

That is the problem - he was in a lose/lose position really. If he'd changed it and we lost he would have been criticised for changing a winning team but he probably did need to change it due to Fulham's qualities. Then again he doesn't usually, rightly, give a toss about what the fans think and say.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:12 - Aug 26 with 2805 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:05 - Aug 26 by factual_blue

Completely disagree. It's clearly a case of square pegs in round holes.

Indeed.

Also the size of the pegs relative to the holes needs to be addressed. Are our pegs rattling around - or even more worrying - not going in at all?

As a club, we need to be on the same page with our metaphors before we do anything else.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:18 - Aug 26 with 2769 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 18:59 - Aug 26 by ITFCBlues

Without a doubt. Think MM thinks Celina is lazy. We all know he prefers work rate over ability. I believe the only way Celina has a chance of playing is at home. If I was Rowe I'd be getting p*ssed off, he's just not playing full stop. Can see him slipping back into his old ways playing players out of position to accommodate them in the team. Square pegs in round holes is MM's choosing he has options where he could play them in their natural positions.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:19 - Aug 26 with 2762 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:11 - Aug 26 by pointofblue

That is the problem - he was in a lose/lose position really. If he'd changed it and we lost he would have been criticised for changing a winning team but he probably did need to change it due to Fulham's qualities. Then again he doesn't usually, rightly, give a toss about what the fans think and say.

It also needs to be said that even if a change of formation would have protected our midfield and defence a lot (and probably made Fulham's job far harder) our front 4 or 5 were pretty poor when they did get the ball.

We lost the ball cheaply, took the wrong option or fluffed our lines around the penalty area when a better job here would have relieved the pressure on our defence and perhaps allowed us to put pressure on Fulham.

That happens of course. Just unfortunate it was when we also had a makeshift formation so Fulham could really enjoy themselves for the first time this season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:22 - Aug 26 with 2739 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:18 - Aug 26 by christiand

Without a doubt. Think MM thinks Celina is lazy. We all know he prefers work rate over ability. I believe the only way Celina has a chance of playing is at home. If I was Rowe I'd be getting p*ssed off, he's just not playing full stop. Can see him slipping back into his old ways playing players out of position to accommodate them in the team. Square pegs in round holes is MM's choosing he has options where he could play them in their natural positions.

But, you know, you're not having a moan by any means.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:33 - Aug 26 with 2695 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:22 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

But, you know, you're not having a moan by any means.

Not a moan, just stating my opinion. You not doing the same or is it different when you do it?

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:34 - Aug 26 with 2686 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:33 - Aug 26 by christiand

Not a moan, just stating my opinion. You not doing the same or is it different when you do it?

Yeah, I'm not moaning.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:40 - Aug 26 with 2668 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:34 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

Yeah, I'm not moaning.

Giving an opinion with reasons isn't a moan. However, when an opinion differs to someone else's is deemed as moaning or being negative. I was under impression that if you moan you are complaining, not giving solutions or opinions to problems?

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:41 - Aug 26 with 2654 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:40 - Aug 26 by christiand

Giving an opinion with reasons isn't a moan. However, when an opinion differs to someone else's is deemed as moaning or being negative. I was under impression that if you moan you are complaining, not giving solutions or opinions to problems?

You are complaining though.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:49 - Aug 26 with 2631 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:41 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

You are complaining though.

Where? Playing square pegs in round holes? If you re-read I'm giving solutions to the problems though, I can't see how that is complaining when options are available.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:55 - Aug 26 with 2596 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:49 - Aug 26 by christiand

Where? Playing square pegs in round holes? If you re-read I'm giving solutions to the problems though, I can't see how that is complaining when options are available.

I must have missed your post before the game where you were calling for Celina and Rowe to start ahead of Waghorn and Sears.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:58 - Aug 26 with 2568 viewstcblue

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:18 - Aug 26 by christiand

He prefers work rate over ability? That's just not true, he wants - quite rightly - a balance of both throughout the side
Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:00 - Aug 26 with 2555 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:58 - Aug 26 by tcblue

He prefers work rate over ability? That's just not true, he wants - quite rightly - a balance of both throughout the side

No you're wrong. He can't stand players with ability.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:03 - Aug 26 with 2545 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 19:55 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

I must have missed your post before the game where you were calling for Celina and Rowe to start ahead of Waghorn and Sears.

This is typical MM though, he's got to play players out of position because he hasn't got many options, so he has us believe. He has Celina and Rowe or Ward on the flanks with Downes centrally - that's a solution Herbivore before getting confused with moaning. I can understand why he kept the same team as last week as we won, but we were lucky at times against Brentford and have been in previous games. Today, we got completely outplayed in that first half, no changes at half time and then they score the second and then he reacts. MM has got options, even with our current injuries, but he chooses not to use them because he loves Sears and Waghorn's work rate, even though he has natural wingers on the bench that arguably have better quality.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:07 - Aug 26 with 2525 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:03 - Aug 26 by christiand

This is typical MM though, he's got to play players out of position because he hasn't got many options, so he has us believe. He has Celina and Rowe or Ward on the flanks with Downes centrally - that's a solution Herbivore before getting confused with moaning. I can understand why he kept the same team as last week as we won, but we were lucky at times against Brentford and have been in previous games. Today, we got completely outplayed in that first half, no changes at half time and then they score the second and then he reacts. MM has got options, even with our current injuries, but he chooses not to use them because he loves Sears and Waghorn's work rate, even though he has natural wingers on the bench that arguably have better quality.

So direct me to the post where you were calling for Mick to change a winning side and play Rowe and Celina before the game. I can't seem to find it.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:13 - Aug 26 with 2513 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:07 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

So direct me to the post where you were calling for Mick to change a winning side and play Rowe and Celina before the game. I can't seem to find it.

I never said that and you know it, but MM suggesting he hasn't got options is complete fabrication because he has; chooses not to use them as he prefers the grafters than the players that have a bit of guile and quality in their rightful position.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:18 - Aug 26 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:13 - Aug 26 by christiand

I never said that and you know it, but MM suggesting he hasn't got options is complete fabrication because he has; chooses not to use them as he prefers the grafters than the players that have a bit of guile and quality in their rightful position.

He hasn't said he had no options. I'm confused, do you think we should have started with Rowe and Celina instead of Waghorn and Sears? If so, why didn't you say so before the game? If not, what are you moaning about?

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:22 - Aug 26 with 2470 viewschristiand

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:18 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

He hasn't said he had no options. I'm confused, do you think we should have started with Rowe and Celina instead of Waghorn and Sears? If so, why didn't you say so before the game? If not, what are you moaning about?

No he said: 'round pegs, in square holes' which implies that he has to play players out of position because he hasn't got the options, where he has. Reading your comments on another thread I didn't see you suggest we start with Downes until after the game, but I suppose that's different because you suggested it Herbivore - my mistake!

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:46 - Aug 26 with 2389 viewsHerbivore

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:22 - Aug 26 by christiand

No he said: 'round pegs, in square holes' which implies that he has to play players out of position because he hasn't got the options, where he has. Reading your comments on another thread I didn't see you suggest we start with Downes until after the game, but I suppose that's different because you suggested it Herbivore - my mistake!

I did say I'd possibly drop Sears before the game though, unlike Captain Hindsight over there.

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 21:13 - Aug 26 with 2333 viewstcblue

Mick "Round pegs, square holes" on 20:00 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

No you're wrong. He can't stand players with ability.

I heard he saw Tommy try a step over in training and in a rage did that flying kick to his back like in the Bruce Lee biography film. Snapped his spine clean in half
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024