Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some decent deals done this summer 11:14 - Aug 14 with 1613 viewsitfcjoe

Garner and Waghorn - combined fee of less than £1m
Emyr Huws fee was £250k from a reliable source.

I've mentioned on here a few times, but we are total bargain basement shoppers - it's like seeing something you like in a shop and keep going back in to see if it is in the sale, and in your size. And then risking it a bit and seeing if it will stay in there and hit the clearance!

Can see why Evans is such a big fan of Mick and Dave Bowman - quality of football aside last year, they really are doing an incredible job on a very tight budget.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 1539 viewsBloots

.....you're going to upset all the people that are basing our successful dealings on the fact that Garner, Waghorn and Huws cost £3m between them.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Some decent deals done this summer on 11:32 - Aug 14 with 1512 viewsCambonbleu

Can't argue with that - and if the Huws fee is £250k then hes an absolute bargain and not a risk as we've already seen what we're buying.

Positive transfer window and lets hope the football and results stay the same

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:32 - Aug 14 with 1500 viewsvilanovablue

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Bloots

.....you're going to upset all the people that are basing our successful dealings on the fact that Garner, Waghorn and Huws cost £3m between them.

Although if you look at their wages etc it's likely to come closer to that figure.
Some decent deals done this summer on 11:34 - Aug 14 with 1485 viewsReuser_is_God

Huws that cheap?! Bloody hell.

Really has been quality transfer business this summer, such a difference from signing our usual fodder.

Let's just not undo it now by selling Bart (not that I think we will).

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Some decent deals done this summer on 11:34 - Aug 14 with 1474 viewschicoazul

Some decent deals done this summer on 11:32 - Aug 14 by Cambonbleu

Can't argue with that - and if the Huws fee is £250k then hes an absolute bargain and not a risk as we've already seen what we're buying.

Positive transfer window and lets hope the football and results stay the same

It'll be a bargain if he doesnt do a Bullard. But I take your point and 250k does seem like an amazing deal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:35 - Aug 14 with 1472 viewsitfcjoe

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:32 - Aug 14 by vilanovablue

Although if you look at their wages etc it's likely to come closer to that figure.

True - there was a whacking great signing on fee to Huws as well to help cover his paycut.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:38 - Aug 14 with 1453 viewsITFCBlues

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:35 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

True - there was a whacking great signing on fee to Huws as well to help cover his paycut.

You'd guess that's why the fee was so low then! If he's got say 500k signing on fee - makes it more like 750k.

Either way, a decent window. Just need another CB and that's that. Assuming that Waghorn is also going to be a reliable option wide right

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 1422 viewstheblueginger

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:38 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

You'd guess that's why the fee was so low then! If he's got say 500k signing on fee - makes it more like 750k.

Either way, a decent window. Just need another CB and that's that. Assuming that Waghorn is also going to be a reliable option wide right

I still think ideally we could do with another wide player, both for some pace and crossing ability., to maximize Garner's attributes.
Login to get fewer ads

This is a bit risky Joe..... on 11:41 - Aug 14 with 1418 viewsWickets

Every club has to pay its staff wages.
Phew, that's alright then..... on 11:45 - Aug 14 with 1401 viewsBloots

....I was worried we'd got some bargains.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024