Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll tell you something about this election campaign... 14:50 - Jun 8 with 8874 viewsclive_baker

It really has brought out the worst in some people. I'm not sure if it's the social media culture but some of my friends are coming across as right self righteous pr1cks. Don't hear a word from them on politics for years and suddenly they're experts. Patronising experts at that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 14:55 - Jun 8 with 4426 viewsGlasgowBlue

When the election was called I was really looking forward to it. Now I can't wait for it to be over and that has nothing to do with the result.

The whole social media blitz has been awful and the entrenchment on both sides of the argument has spilled over to unpleasantness.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:04 - Jun 8 with 4380 viewsclive_baker

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 14:55 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

When the election was called I was really looking forward to it. Now I can't wait for it to be over and that has nothing to do with the result.

The whole social media blitz has been awful and the entrenchment on both sides of the argument has spilled over to unpleasantness.

Yeah I feel the same.

The flouncing tomorrow could be spectacular. Maybe someone can start a petition...

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:08 - Jun 8 with 4358 viewsStokieBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:04 - Jun 8 by clive_baker

Yeah I feel the same.

The flouncing tomorrow could be spectacular. Maybe someone can start a petition...

You are right, whatever the result the flouncing will be epic.

And entertaining.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:10 - Jun 8 with 4358 viewsitfcjoe

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:04 - Jun 8 by clive_baker

Yeah I feel the same.

I'm not sure there'll be much flouncing - every one knows which way the result has going so most of the flouncing can and has been pre-emptive.

No-one (other than HARRY10) is going to be surprised to see a Tory majority of anywhere between 65 and 110 for the Tories

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:15 - Jun 8 with 4339 viewsStokieBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:10 - Jun 8 by itfcjoe

I'm not sure there'll be much flouncing - every one knows which way the result has going so most of the flouncing can and has been pre-emptive.

No-one (other than HARRY10) is going to be surprised to see a Tory majority of anywhere between 65 and 110 for the Tories

Really? I think a lot of people have talked themselves into thinking it'll be a lot closer than that.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:18 - Jun 8 with 4313 viewsm14_blue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 14:55 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

Completely agree, social media (twtd excepted) has become unusable.

The traditional written press have been just as bad though, if not worse.
I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:19 - Jun 8 with 4314 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:10 - Jun 8 by itfcjoe

I can predict the most popular excuses will be:

Right wing media
Smears
Disloyal Blairites
The Weather
The electorate are thick

Iron Lion Zion

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:25 - Jun 8 with 4290 viewsMJallday

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:19 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

Right wing media
Smears
Disloyal Blairites
The Weather
The electorate are thick

can i just add to this list of excuses

"main stream media"
"sky/murdoch - he manipulated everyone"
"diane abbot stuffed us"
"UKIPers - all untrustworthy , its all their fault"
"old people are just racists so they voted tory"

whichever direction it goes, the blubbing is going to be epic.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:25 - Jun 8 with 4290 viewsclive_baker

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:19 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

Right wing media
Smears
Disloyal Blairites
The Weather
The electorate are thick

Bloody old people. Voting for something the yoof don't want.

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:27 - Jun 8 with 4287 viewsmanchego

Right wing media
Smears
Disloyal Blairites
The Weather
The electorate are thick

'Corbyn is a twerp' would be my pick.
I have voted Labour many, many times but couldn't do it today.

Do we know what his plans are when he gets humped ?
I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:31 - Jun 8 with 4267 viewsitfcjoe

Right wing media
Smears
Disloyal Blairites
The Weather
The electorate are thick

There are reasons as well as excuses

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:33 - Jun 8 with 4258 viewsvilanovablue

Lets move the debate forwards by doing the same as those you are accusing, weird!
I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:36 - Jun 8 with 4245 viewsJosebadleg

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:27 - Jun 8 by manchego

Ask Dianne Abbot

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:48 - Jun 8 with 4221 viewsSteve_M

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:27 - Jun 8 by manchego

Stay on and make sure Labour stay unelectable by appointing another left-wing leader later i the year.

The enthusiasm he has shown for this campaign contrasts enormously with his lack of effort and care last Summer. In May's case, it was probably for the best she didn't really campaign then!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:49 - Jun 8 with 4205 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:18 - Jun 8 by m14_blue

Completely agree, social media (twtd excepted) has become unusable.

The traditional written press have been just as bad though, if not worse.

I can't remember the last time I picked up a copy of a printed paper.

Iron Lion Zion

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:49 - Jun 8 with 4206 viewsWD19

I would be very, very surprised if the blub of choice is 'we picked the wrong leader'.

Its true of course, but I suspect the now traditional 'blaming others for not agreeing' will be the blub of the defeated*.

*Note: Getting fewer seats than last time is not a defeat. Its a moral victory. Def info.
I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:50 - Jun 8 with 4203 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:25 - Jun 8 by MJallday

can i just add to this list of excuses

"main stream media"
"sky/murdoch - he manipulated everyone"
"diane abbot stuffed us"
"UKIPers - all untrustworthy , its all their fault"
"old people are just racists so they voted tory"

whichever direction it goes, the blubbing is going to be epic.

Do you think Facters may mention that Murdoch is a crook?

Iron Lion Zion

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:53 - Jun 8 with 4195 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:49 - Jun 8 by WD19

I would be very, very surprised if the blub of choice is 'we picked the wrong leader'.

Its true of course, but I suspect the now traditional 'blaming others for not agreeing' will be the blub of the defeated*.

*Note: Getting fewer seats than last time is not a defeat. Its a moral victory. Def info.

Well Billy Brag was on TV last year saying the miners strike in 84 was a victory.

Iron Lion Zion

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:01 - Jun 8 with 4162 viewsjaykay

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 15:33 - Jun 8 by vilanovablue

Lets move the debate forwards by doing the same as those you are accusing, weird!

lol yes you hit the nail on the head.people moaning about moaners

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:02 - Jun 8 with 4156 viewsSuperfrans

The odd thing is that a decent victory for the Tories could quite easily be a failure - while a defeat for Labour could be seen as a success.

Any reduction of the Tories' majority would be a good think, imho. If that happens, May will be out pretty quickly and I'd be surprised to see the next parliament to go full term.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:05 - Jun 8 with 4144 viewsRyorry

Talk about lack of self-awareness.

Perhaps you should read your own posts, incl Dolly's 'Poll-Tax' thread, as a neutral not knowing this board would.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:08 - Jun 8 with 4136 viewsgiant_stow

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:02 - Jun 8 by Superfrans

The odd thing is that a decent victory for the Tories could quite easily be a failure - while a defeat for Labour could be seen as a success.

Any reduction of the Tories' majority would be a good think, imho. If that happens, May will be out pretty quickly and I'd be surprised to see the next parliament to go full term.

"a defeat for Labour could be seen as a success. "

not by anyone hit by the coming cuts to services, surely.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:09 - Jun 8 with 4131 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:05 - Jun 8 by Ryorry

Talk about lack of self-awareness.

Perhaps you should read your own posts, incl Dolly's 'Poll-Tax' thread, as a neutral not knowing this board would.

Being robust in questioning somebody on a thread is not being unpleasant.

Iron Lion Zion

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:13 - Jun 8 with 4121 viewsRyorry

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:09 - Jun 8 by GlasgowBlue

Being robust in questioning somebody on a thread is not being unpleasant.

"robust"
"a" thread
I rest my case
[Post edited 8 Jun 2017 16:14]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I'll tell you something about this election campaign... on 16:15 - Jun 8 with 4106 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Right wing media
Smears
Disloyal Blairites
The Weather
The electorate are thick

It's not an excuse but I have to say the UK media are a disgrace

The anti-Corbyn stuff on the front pages of the papers these last few days has been nothing short of a shambles

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024