Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday times 09:47 - Mar 26 with 3683 viewsvapour_trail

Front page, picture of the 18 year old daughter of the London attacker in a very revealing dress..

Why is that acceptable? She must have had her life ripped apart this week.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sunday times on 09:51 - Mar 26 with 2654 viewsfactual_blue

It isn't acceptable at all, but the owner of the Sunday Times (which used to be a great newspaper) is part of the same stable as the paper that hacked Milly Dowler's phone.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sunday times on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 2632 viewsGuthrum

They probably pinched it from her Facebook (or similar). The wording seems a gratuitous excuse to lever it in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sunday times on 10:00 - Mar 26 with 2622 viewsSomethingBlue

Particularly disappointing when what people need to be reading this morning is this: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/26/observer-editorial-trigger

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sunday times on 10:03 - Mar 26 with 2586 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Erm you repeat the bit you want but not the context with which it was given? Lunatic extremist religious fanatic gets other daughter to convert and presumably wear a veiled number whilst this one chooses the way which women fought for 100 years ago and which represents our culture. Your " liberal" arguments are anything but.

BOT

Sunday times on 10:04 - Mar 26 with 2583 viewsvapour_trail

Sunday times on 09:55 - Mar 26 by Guthrum

They probably pinched it from her Facebook (or similar). The wording seems a gratuitous excuse to lever it in.

I didn't get involved n the conversation on press regulation earlier this week, but read with interest.

IMO the media should be heavily sanctioned for interventions like this. The girl should not be public property.

Sunday times on 10:05 - Mar 26 with 2572 viewsvapour_trail

Sunday times on 10:03 - Mar 26 by BorisOrTrevor

Erm you repeat the bit you want but not the context with which it was given? Lunatic extremist religious fanatic gets other daughter to convert and presumably wear a veiled number whilst this one chooses the way which women fought for 100 years ago and which represents our culture. Your " liberal" arguments are anything but.

Bullocks mate. It's a bit of teenage tit on the front cover to shift a few copies.

Sunday times on 10:13 - Mar 26 with 2528 viewsSarge

Sunday times on 10:03 - Mar 26 by BorisOrTrevor

What relevance does that have to Wednesday's events then?
Sunday times on 10:29 - Mar 26 with 2452 viewsfactual_blue

Sunday times on 10:00 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

Particularly disappointing when what people need to be reading this morning is this: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/26/observer-editorial-trigger

Yeah but RULE BRITANNIA

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday times on 10:39 - Mar 26 with 2408 viewsArcher4721

Good honest article.

Like sheep, the British people, ... duped and misled by the most irresponsible, least trustworthy government in living memory."

"The average British family is now hemmed in by multiple, authoritative predictions of stagnant or falling wages, higher food and fuel prices, an ongoing sterling devaluation, collapsing social care and public services and increased, regressive indirect taxation."

Pretty much spot on.
Sunday times on 10:40 - Mar 26 with 2384 viewsDarth_Koont

A harsh but very fair take on the whole sorry situation:

"May, more sheep than shepherd, has feebly allowed herself to be driven ever further towards an extreme, inflexible, take-it-or-leave-it stance for which she has neither mandate nor credible grounds."

Pronouns: He/Him

Sunday times on 10:45 - Mar 26 with 2366 viewsSomethingBlue

Sunday times on 10:39 - Mar 26 by Archer4721

Good honest article.

Like sheep, the British people, ... duped and misled by the most irresponsible, least trustworthy government in living memory."

"The average British family is now hemmed in by multiple, authoritative predictions of stagnant or falling wages, higher food and fuel prices, an ongoing sterling devaluation, collapsing social care and public services and increased, regressive indirect taxation."

Pretty much spot on.

Indeed. Unfortunately the publications whose messaging about Brexit has been most influential are the ones that, in fact, flagrantly betray the very people they claim to represent. It is a tragedy and little short of evil — and you genuinely don't know whether to feel sorry for or furious with the people who have been duped. Probably both. It's not nice.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sunday times on 10:58 - Mar 26 with 2303 viewsbrogansnose

Sunday times on 10:45 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

Indeed. Unfortunately the publications whose messaging about Brexit has been most influential are the ones that, in fact, flagrantly betray the very people they claim to represent. It is a tragedy and little short of evil — and you genuinely don't know whether to feel sorry for or furious with the people who have been duped. Probably both. It's not nice.

I liked the bit about Banks, Nuttall et all forming some group to try to de-seat democratically elected MP's who are considered Remainers which I find is extremely distasteful. I'm not a Corbynite by any means but this is the sort of schizzel that the left gets hammered for, rightly so in my book. It stinks whatever side of the fence you sit on.
Sunday times on 11:01 - Mar 26 with 2294 viewsBergholtBru

And what about the family of the people that bast@rd killed? Haven`t they had their lives ripped apart. I have little sympathy.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Sunday times on 11:05 - Mar 26 with 2265 viewsAdmiralFunge

Sunday times on 11:01 - Mar 26 by BergholtBru

And what about the family of the people that bast@rd killed? Haven`t they had their lives ripped apart. I have little sympathy.

Daft comment, man.

She's grieving, same as they are. It's an incredibly gloomy situation all round.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Sunday times on 11:06 - Mar 26 with 2251 viewsDarth_Koont

You spelt empathy wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sunday times on 11:07 - Mar 26 with 2257 viewsBlueBadger

So, let me get this straight - you're telling us that it's OK for a teenage girl to have her life picked over, judged and exposed to the attentions of idiots because her estranged father was a violent abusive criminal?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 11:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sunday times on 11:11 - Mar 26 with 2209 viewsvapour_trail

Is there a choice here? It's terrible for the victims and their families.

Stupid comment.

Sunday times on 11:15 - Mar 26 with 2174 viewsBergholtBru

Sunday times on 11:07 - Mar 26 by BlueBadger

So, let me get this straight - you're telling us that it's OK for a teenage girl to have her life picked over, judged and exposed to the attentions of idiots because her estranged father was a violent abusive criminal?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 11:10]

No, not really. But the "likes of you" seem more concerned about her than the victims families.

Sunday times on 11:16 - Mar 26 with 2159 viewsSarge

Sunday times on 11:15 - Mar 26 by BergholtBru

No, not really. But the "likes of you" seem more concerned about her than the victims families.

The victims families aren't plastered all over the media thankfully
Sunday times on 11:18 - Mar 26 with 2157 viewsblueislander

Plenty of concern has been shown , quite rightly, for the victims. This is a different subject.
Sunday times on 11:20 - Mar 26 with 2152 viewsBlueBadger

I'm just a bit baffled that someone who was quite happy to bang on about the 'liberal, PC brigade who have turned a blind eye to hate preachers, child sex gangs' not half an hour ago is now quite happy for the victim of an abusive parent to be exposed to the attentions of idiots who want to give her more grief for the actions of her estranged, abusive father.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 11:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Sunday times on 11:38 - Mar 26 with 2076 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Sunday times on 10:39 - Mar 26 by Archer4721

Good honest article.

Pretty much spot on.

You are conveniently forgetting that this government campaigned to stay in the EU and claimed it would be financial suicide to leave.

It is the Labour voters that swung the vote, prompted by Corbyns lack of action.
Sunday times on 11:39 - Mar 26 with 2061 viewsBergholtBru

Sunday times on 11:20 - Mar 26 by BlueBadger

I'm just a bit baffled that someone who was quite happy to bang on about the 'liberal, PC brigade who have turned a blind eye to hate preachers, child sex gangs' not half an hour ago is now quite happy for the victim of an abusive parent to be exposed to the attentions of idiots who want to give her more grief for the actions of her estranged, abusive father.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 11:23]

I`m not. You haven`t read my last post..

Sunday times on 11:43 - Mar 26 with 2041 viewsBlueBadger

Sunday times on 11:39 - Mar 26 by BergholtBru

I`m not. You haven`t read my last post..

So, let me get this straight, you want us to have sympathy for a terrorist's victims, but only the ones who aren't the children that he's bullied and abused.

You can't blame me for wanting some clarification after your earlier ranting on about bobble-hatted lefties(paraphrasing slightly there) ignoring child abusers
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 11:45]

Sunday times on 11:49 - Mar 26 with 2001 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Sunday times on 11:43 - Mar 26 by BlueBadger

So, let me get this straight, you want us to have sympathy for a terrorist's victims, but only the ones who aren't the children that he's bullied and abused.

You can't blame me for wanting some clarification after your earlier ranting on about bobble-hatted lefties(paraphrasing slightly there) ignoring child abusers
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 11:45]

Plenty of the victims have been featured in news articles, I'm not sure what your point is?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024