Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today I have been informed by my solicitor 20:44 - Mar 15 with 4943 viewsLord_Lucan

That the police get money from the government for every successful banning order they secure.

How is that right?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 20:46 - Mar 15 with 3293 viewsElderGrizzly

Indeed they do. Been that way for years too

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/home-office-funding-of-police-operati
Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 20:51 - Mar 15 with 3260 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 20:46 - Mar 15 by ElderGrizzly

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/home-office-funding-of-police-operati

How is it fair that the police are financially rewarded in this way. One might think it would make them more pro active. Not that I could possibly believe our boys in blue would be like that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:01 - Mar 15 with 3204 viewstextbackup

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 20:51 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

How is it fair that the police are financially rewarded in this way. One might think it would make them more pro active. Not that I could possibly believe our boys in blue would be like that.

Seriously?! That's a Fcking joke. And also doesn't really make any sense, why would the gov pay the police for that?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:02 - Mar 15 with 3199 viewsElderGrizzly

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 20:51 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Merseyside police made almost £1m in a year off it. Means they can claim Govt money to cover policing costs at football and divert the money they would have spent elsewhere.

It certainly encourages a certain type of behaviour i'd say....
Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:03 - Mar 15 with 3185 viewsfactual_blue

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 20:46 - Mar 15 by ElderGrizzly

Less than £400k in the last year shown, so nothing to get concerned about. It's also additional money to cover the cost of non-core business.
Don't see what the problem is.

The cost should of course be recouped from banned individuals.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 21:04]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:04 - Mar 15 with 3179 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:01 - Mar 15 by textbackup

Seriously?! That's a Fcking joke. And also doesn't really make any sense, why would the gov pay the police for that?

Was also informed that Norfolk plod are amongst the worse.

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:05 - Mar 15 with 3162 viewstextbackup

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:02 - Mar 15 by ElderGrizzly

Merseyside police made almost £1m in a year off it. Means they can claim Govt money to cover policing costs at football and divert the money they would have spent elsewhere.

It certainly encourages a certain type of behaviour i'd say....

It's also an easy fee quid. Find a pissed bloke trying to get in stadium, nick him, wind him up... what complete boll0cks

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:07 - Mar 15 with 3131 viewstextbackup

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:04 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Hence the OTT reaction to you tripping over the advertising board onto the pitch...

Lovely little money spinner for them, especially (dare I say it) the large crowds they can pick from on a match day

Login to get fewer ads

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:10 - Mar 15 with 3111 viewsReuser_is_God

When they saw you & RKD pitchside they thought 'that's 50k worth of jagerbombs in Mercy sat there'

That's why 10 of them jumped on you.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:11 - Mar 15 with 3112 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:05 - Mar 15 by textbackup

It's also an easy fee quid. Find a pissed bloke trying to get in stadium, nick him, wind him up... what complete boll0cks

Was also told some other stuff - very interesting.

When I got a section 35 at the play off game I was subsequently arrested for ignoring the section 35. I didn't challenge the charge as even though I thought the 35 was unfair I had actually ignored it so I went guilty. Turns out if I had challenged it the subsequent arrest would have been dropped. From what I told her she said that there is no way it would have stood up.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 21:12]

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:16 - Mar 15 with 3055 viewstextbackup

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:11 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Was also told some other stuff - very interesting.

When I got a section 35 at the play off game I was subsequently arrested for ignoring the section 35. I didn't challenge the charge as even though I thought the 35 was unfair I had actually ignored it so I went guilty. Turns out if I had challenged it the subsequent arrest would have been dropped. From what I told her she said that there is no way it would have stood up.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 21:12]

Sounds like mine all them years back! Just admitted to the section 5 offence, as I did give a wamker gesture (albeit to nobody in particular, just at train window as leaving Norwich) just thought if I said 'yes I did it sorry' that I'd get a fine. What mr David king forgot to mention on the phone before the court hearing was the banning order he'd slipped the court... had I got a solicitor I'd have got off that easily. Live and learn I guess

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:21 - Mar 15 with 3020 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:16 - Mar 15 by textbackup

Sounds like mine all them years back! Just admitted to the section 5 offence, as I did give a wamker gesture (albeit to nobody in particular, just at train window as leaving Norwich) just thought if I said 'yes I did it sorry' that I'd get a fine. What mr David king forgot to mention on the phone before the court hearing was the banning order he'd slipped the court... had I got a solicitor I'd have got off that easily. Live and learn I guess

I reckon I've been not guilty on about a third of my history but I've always pleaded guilty as I had no confidence in the magistrates or solicitors and thought I'd get a lesser sentence for a guilty plea. Wish I hadn't now.

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:23 - Mar 15 with 3012 viewsMJallday

this would be in the same vein as me having to pay a "victim surcharge" when i went to court because i got done for speeding

the clerk of the court didnt like it when i said "was it for the poor widdle powiceman who took 2 1/2 miles to catch me "

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:33 - Mar 15 with 2949 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:23 - Mar 15 by MJallday

this would be in the same vein as me having to pay a "victim surcharge" when i went to court because i got done for speeding

the clerk of the court didnt like it when i said "was it for the poor widdle powiceman who took 2 1/2 miles to catch me "

I really dislike this country.

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:58 - Mar 15 with 2821 viewsfactual_blue

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:33 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I really dislike this country.

Have you considered moving to Mexico?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:58 - Mar 15 with 2812 viewsoldbluestu

We all get paid for productivity including the police
Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 22:01 - Mar 15 with 2805 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 21:58 - Mar 15 by oldbluestu

We all get paid for productivity including the police

That is totally different. If they were to get money for catching drink drivers I could see the point but this just promotes entrapment.

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 22:07 - Mar 15 with 2772 viewshoppy

How much did they make off that playoff when the sister botherers all went onto the pitch? Didn't look like they were removing many of them that time. You'd have thought a fair few banning orders would've been handed out after that, no?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 22:15 - Mar 15 with 2748 viewsLord_Lucan

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 22:07 - Mar 15 by hoppy

How much did they make off that playoff when the sister botherers all went onto the pitch? Didn't look like they were removing many of them that time. You'd have thought a fair few banning orders would've been handed out after that, no?

It's almost as if they were biased.

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 06:18 - Mar 16 with 2389 viewstextbackup

Made it rain with money that day

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 06:38 - Mar 16 with 2349 viewsbrogansnose

Was thinking that myself. Norfolk plod went with the easy option. So we all know now, all on or none on.

Oh, and always get a brief. I had that on the good advice of a poster on here which was quality advice.
Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 06:46 - Mar 16 with 2329 viewsBenters

Thats a very good point but i guess after the final whistle has gone its seen as a different case to a game in play?

Gone have the days when the coppers would have gave you a boot up the arse and pushed you back into the crowd im affraid.

Does that mean if you thrash onto PR after the final whistle has gone its a ban though ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 06:53 - Mar 16 with 2313 viewsTLA

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 06:46 - Mar 16 by Benters

Thats a very good point but i guess after the final whistle has gone its seen as a different case to a game in play?

Gone have the days when the coppers would have gave you a boot up the arse and pushed you back into the crowd im affraid.

Does that mean if you thrash onto PR after the final whistle has gone its a ban though ?

I think technically it is the same offence during a game and afterwards - they certainly announce that towards the end of certain games. If the Norwich one had just been a celebration, that might be different but they were deliberately goading us and the players and should have all been nicked!

I used to love the end of season pitch invasions. I remember one against West Ham when I was about 12 - a copper pulled me back by my scarf and nearly strangled me - I let him keep the scarf and carried on!
Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 07:08 - Mar 16 with 2268 viewsBenters

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 06:53 - Mar 16 by TLA

I think technically it is the same offence during a game and afterwards - they certainly announce that towards the end of certain games. If the Norwich one had just been a celebration, that might be different but they were deliberately goading us and the players and should have all been nicked!

I used to love the end of season pitch invasions. I remember one against West Ham when I was about 12 - a copper pulled me back by my scarf and nearly strangled me - I let him keep the scarf and carried on!

Yeah i dont know to be honest . 3-5 yr ban for that is way over the top, as is a 3yr ban for the fans who let the smoke bomb off outside the station.

I must admit i enjoyed seeing the Police horses charging onto the pitch though !

I very much doubt there will be a celebration pitch invasion at PR this season .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 07:12 - Mar 16 with 2251 viewsTLA

Today I have been informed by my solicitor on 07:08 - Mar 16 by Benters

Yeah i dont know to be honest . 3-5 yr ban for that is way over the top, as is a 3yr ban for the fans who let the smoke bomb off outside the station.

I must admit i enjoyed seeing the Police horses charging onto the pitch though !

I very much doubt there will be a celebration pitch invasion at PR this season .

Not even when we stay up with a last minute winner, having been plunged into the relegation places!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024