Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our owner 08:56 - Feb 1 with 643 viewsDyland

It's like watching someone play poker all night, but they don't really play, they just keep paying the anti to be in the game, and eventually just fritter away all their money. Pointless.

I'm not suggesting gambling recklessly. But this window really shows how desperately uncompetitive we are at the moment. If it's a gamble to stay in the division before releasing realistic funds to a new guy in the summer, well, at least we have a ten point cushion... but that's going to disappear pretty quickly on current evidence. And it's not inconceivable that one or two of the hapless teams below us pick up some points whilst we drop them.

Relegation is a very real threat. We need to do what we can to support the team. I know it's difficult. I know we're sh1t. But to anyone saying relegation and a rebuild could be a good thing, I disagree, vehemently.

This is a proud club and we hang on to what we can. We haven't played in the third tier since Ramsay's extraordinary achievements here. Evans take note. Whilst he may not give a hoot for all this moist eyed footie fan stuff (and why should he), plenty of people won't pay to go through the gate whilst his shambolic management of the club continues in this way. I know many loyal supporters have already done this but now even the loyal and more phlegmatic supporters are doing the same.

I'm not renewing ST to support this shambolic mess. I will always have ITFC in my heart. But enough is enough.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Our owner on 09:32 - Feb 1 with 567 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

With a tear in my eye, I think after 25 yrs I won't be renewing mine.
I was hoping to carry on the tradition with my son.

I'm sure that will be the end of an era and a loss of income for itfc however small.
Our owner on 09:35 - Feb 1 with 559 viewsJ2BLUE

Our owner on 09:32 - Feb 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

With a tear in my eye, I think after 25 yrs I won't be renewing mine.
I was hoping to carry on the tradition with my son.

I'm sure that will be the end of an era and a loss of income for itfc however small.

I think you're doing the right thing. The Swiss Ramble blog said we are one of the clubs who rely most heavily on gate receipts. It's the only thing fans can do to try and force change. It might fail but what's the alternative? Keep turning up to watch our deluded owner push us further and further towards league one?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is it on 12:05 - Feb 1 with 491 viewsDyland

Our owner on 09:35 - Feb 1 by J2BLUE

I think you're doing the right thing. The Swiss Ramble blog said we are one of the clubs who rely most heavily on gate receipts. It's the only thing fans can do to try and force change. It might fail but what's the alternative? Keep turning up to watch our deluded owner push us further and further towards league one?

Incredibly depressing (in football terms only of course).

I'm not sure yet if I'll carry through with it (not renewing), but what else can supporters do to make their point? I'd support in whatever league we were in if there was any hope. The Evans era is proving to be a hope-free zone though, and it's not as if anyone's throwing their toys out the pram as a knee jerk reaction. It's been TEN YEARS. And we are back to where we started. Except further back. Why should fans or supporters, loyal or fickle, put up with it?

I feel a little bit sorry for McCarthy. He will (and rightly so) carry the can for the negative football and selection intransigence, but honestly, he's also the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. The club has been demonstrably ineffectually run for ten years.

Evan's relative patience in sticking with managers once felt like a breath of fresh air. It's now looking indecisive and inept.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024