Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... 14:45 - Jan 31 with 1502 viewsITFC_Forever

And we're doing enough to muddle through to then.

New manager then gets as clean a slate as possible to start with.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:46 - Jan 31 with 1482 viewsitfcjoe

If things carry on like this we will just be getting a new manager on the cheap - and praying.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:48 - Jan 31 with 1413 viewsdirtyboy

Chances of McCarthy ending up at Forest at the end of the season?

Wouldn't bet against it.
Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:48 - Jan 31 with 1414 viewspablosturn

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:46 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

If things carry on like this we will just be getting a new manager on the cheap - and praying.

Why does this signify we will getting a manager on the cheap?

ME has lost faith in MM and isn't giving him another penny, we have a 31 year old who wants a LT contract which isn't sensible either so can see the logic there.

It doesn't mean that ME isn't going to get a good quality progressive manager in to build a new team with decent funds to have a push towards the promised land. We can but hope!!
Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:49 - Jan 31 with 1407 viewsbraveblue

Will be too late for many season ticket holders. This window is the last straw.
Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:51 - Jan 31 with 1375 viewsitfcjoe

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:48 - Jan 31 by pablosturn

ME has lost faith in MM and isn't giving him another penny, we have a 31 year old who wants a LT contract which isn't sensible either so can see the logic there.

It doesn't mean that ME isn't going to get a good quality progressive manager in to build a new team with decent funds to have a push towards the promised land. We can but hope!!

It will be the hope that kills you.

Our owner can't close a deal for a decent player when he has an experienced manager telling him who to look to bring in.

The club is being stripped right back cost wise and I don't believe for a second it is to give the next guy more money - if that is the case why have we desperately been chasing Hugill and the like all window. Why waste the time?

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 15:01 - Jan 31 with 1304 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:51 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

Our owner can't close a deal for a decent player when he has an experienced manager telling him who to look to bring in.

The club is being stripped right back cost wise and I don't believe for a second it is to give the next guy more money - if that is the case why have we desperately been chasing Hugill and the like all window. Why waste the time?

Surely you contradict yourself there though - if Evans is cutting back all costs then why would be chasing Hugill?

I'm completely baffled as to what is going on also, but I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 15:04 - Jan 31 with 1266 viewsitfcjoe

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 15:01 - Jan 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely you contradict yourself there though - if Evans is cutting back all costs then why would be chasing Hugill?

I'm completely baffled as to what is going on also, but I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that!

If we get through this window without bringing in a permanent striker than it's clear we aren't willing to pay market value.

I mistakenly said asset stripping earlier; but it's like we are trying to cut costs on everything with little residual value (Aging players etc) and don't mind spending on younger players who may be worth something.

On paper that doesn't look a bad idea, but football isn't played on paper and you need your experienced players.

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 15:05 - Jan 31 with 1246 viewsVic

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:48 - Jan 31 by pablosturn

I think the opposite. - far from losing faith in MM I think he is so confident in MM that he believes he can continue to keep the club level, with a possibility of promotion, on the same budget as previous.

Unless we're surprised and find that we spend some serious money in the next few hours I think it is perfectly clear that ME really isn't seriously concerned about funding us to get us into the Prem, or even to be a top Championship team - which to be honest I'd be quite happy with.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:18 - Jan 31 with 1126 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 15:04 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

If we get through this window without bringing in a permanent striker than it's clear we aren't willing to pay market value.

I mistakenly said asset stripping earlier; but it's like we are trying to cut costs on everything with little residual value (Aging players etc) and don't mind spending on younger players who may be worth something.

On paper that doesn't look a bad idea, but football isn't played on paper and you need your experienced players.

That makes more sense

I still can't work out whether our transfer strategy is to try and get players on the cheap (which is sensible to some degree but unlikely to move us too far forwards), or deliberately underbidding on players to appease fans and in the full knowledge it will be rebuffed!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:40 - Jan 31 with 1029 viewsArnieM

why is it "clear MM is off in the summer"?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:46 - Jan 31 with 975 viewsbrogansnose

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:46 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

Any new mananger will be someone who is unemployed at the time. Evans won't go to a club and pay out compensation.
Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:52 - Jan 31 with 934 viewsRadlett_blue

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:18 - Jan 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That makes more sense

I still can't work out whether our transfer strategy is to try and get players on the cheap (which is sensible to some degree but unlikely to move us too far forwards), or deliberately underbidding on players to appease fans and in the full knowledge it will be rebuffed!

I would be surprised if Evans wasted time deliberately underbidding. However, having been screwed royally in the transfer market by the combination of Keane & Corporal Clott, Evans has become very cautious & only seems willing to pay a fee for someone who might be sold on for a profit. Hence Webster, Ward & Rowe.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:53 - Jan 31 with 928 viewschristiand

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 16:18 - Jan 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That makes more sense

That's exactly what I think. 'Oh we've put several million pound offers in for a number of players - just forget to mention that they have all been valued at £3m+,' That will keep our fans quiet...look at us putting in £1m offers for these £3m players that we have got no realistic opportunity of signing. Really surprised we haven't signed a player with pedigree. 'Don't worry MM, I'll give you a few thousand to spend on a couple of non league and out of contract players to prove we are serious in our backing of you!' I bet MM can't wait to leave, looking forward to the season ticket renewals, ME deserves everything he gets, I hope it's f*** all!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 17:09 - Jan 31 with 877 viewstextbackup

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 15:05 - Jan 31 by Vic

I think the opposite. - far from losing faith in MM I think he is so confident in MM that he believes he can continue to keep the club level, with a possibility of promotion, on the same budget as previous.

Unless we're surprised and find that we spend some serious money in the next few hours I think it is perfectly clear that ME really isn't seriously concerned about funding us to get us into the Prem, or even to be a top Championship team - which to be honest I'd be quite happy with.

Regarding the first Paragraph, it obviously can't watch us play if that were the case then.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 17:38 - Jan 31 with 758 viewsNo9

Becoming more and more clear that MMc will be off at the end of the season.... on 14:51 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

I am able to see some sense in what Mr E is doing and (more or less) forecast this before Christmas.
Aprt from LC possibly leaving there are no real surprises & on reflection the LC move could be good for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024