Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SBR Stand - Iconic Moments 06:49 - May 14 with 1427 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Given our phenomenal success over the past two seasons, surely it's time to update some of the iconic moments on the SBR stand.

I know Macauley Bonne's 'he's behind you' moment is quite memorable, but we drew what turned out to be a meaningless League One match. IMO this has to be replaced by Sarmiento's winner against Soton.

Any others that should be replaced?
SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 07:16 - May 14 with 1338 viewsITFC_Forever

They’ve got the other sides of those pillars they can fill up yet.

If you’re walking from the direction of the practice pitch to Planet Blue, those sides of the pillars are all empty.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 07:56 - May 14 with 1253 viewsGarv

On the other hand, that Bonne moment led to the first goal Conor Chaplin scored for the club, and it defined Bonne's spell.

Can't just go taking things like that down.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 08:34 - May 14 with 1162 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

I would add:
A picture of the players lifting McKenna in the air in front of the north stand after the Exeter game last year

Sarmiento goal vs Southampton

Maybe a picture of the squad posing in front of the goal after the Huddersfield game

Could add something about the women's team playing their first match at PR?
SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 10:14 - May 14 with 990 viewsChurchman

I’d have an image of the ball crashing into the net from Wes Burns against Huddersfield. Underneath two words - Premier League.

At that moment It was done. Everybody knew it.
SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 12:28 - May 14 with 798 viewsN2_Blue

Probably something they will look in at time but its really a pretty insignificant thing considering the work that needs to be done over the summer.

I think operations at the club will have their work cut out in the next 2-3 months and dare say small aesthetic things like this won't currently be high on their agenda until all work to meet premier league requirements is done.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 12:45 - May 14 with 759 viewsMiaow

As mentioned above, I’d probably include Sarmiento’s winner against Southampton as well as the wins against Exeter and Huddersfield to gain promotion. Maybe a bit tenuous as we didn’t go up that season but how about Darren Bent’s late winner to come from behind against Wigan in December 2004? Or perhaps Couñago’s late equaliser against Norwich?... They’d probably produce a commemorative poster for something like that in Norfolk.

A couple that I do think should be up there are the 2–1 win from behind to relegate Manchester City in the final home game of the 2000–01 season (the last match in front of the old North Stand) and the 7–0 hammering of West Brom in November 1976 — five of the seven goals were scored at that end of the ground, including three of Whymark’s four and the screamers from Beattie and Mariner (his first for the club).

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 08:10 - May 15 with 447 viewsTexacoCup

There are two blank spaces above Planet Blue on the Cobbled stand, I imagine they will put some McKenna / promotion stuff there
SBR Stand - Iconic Moments on 11:22 - May 15 with 389 viewsWickets

Sam's double deflected goal against Leicester in the last seconds was also a big moment .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024