Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryobi tools 10:43 - May 9 with 2047 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone use these? I saw the patio scrubber which looked ideal for getting the weeds out of cracks. Came today minus the battery. When I checked that's how they sell them and you have to purchase a battery separately, which seems a bit of a con. They want 87 quid for a battery.

Is it worth the money or am I better sending it back?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ryobi tools on 10:49 - May 9 with 1855 viewsdavblue

Karcher are pretty good.
I’ve got a wire brush…. on 10:50 - May 9 with 1850 viewsBloots

….on a broomstick.

Cost £6.99 from the garden centre, came with a spare wire brush.

Man up and stop trying to be so middle class.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Ryobi tools on 11:03 - May 9 with 1788 viewsStirlingArcher

the battery is universal, so if you get more ryobi tools, you can swap the battery over...

that's it
Ryobi tools on 11:13 - May 9 with 1760 viewsJ2BLUE

Get yourself some of this:

https://www.watersidegardencentre.co.uk/resolva-pro-xtra-tough-super-concentrate

The weeds in my patio laughed in the face of weed killers until I unleashed this on them. They don't laugh anymore.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I’ve got a wire brush…. on 11:16 - May 9 with 1742 viewsBiGDonnie

I’ve got a wire brush…. on 10:50 - May 9 by Bloots

….on a broomstick.

His gardener should have the sufficient tools to do it really.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Ryobi tools on 11:21 - May 9 with 1691 viewsClutch

I do, got a lawnmower and drill, plus a couple of batteries. Had them years now. Both are good.
Ryobi tools on 11:23 - May 9 with 1661 viewsartsbossbeard

Ryobi convert here.

Got the mower & strimmer deal inc battery.

I'd suggest that it's worth the battery cost IF you can take advantage of the other Ryobi portfolio items. If not..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Ryobi tools on 11:38 - May 9 with 1586 viewsDJR

I can't vouch for Ryobi but this suggests you can buy it with a battery which I imagine would be cheaper, assuming it is the model you are talking about.

https://uk.ryobitools.eu/garden-tools/garden-cleaning-tools/patio-cleaners/ry18p
[Post edited 9 May 11:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Ryobi tools on 11:53 - May 9 with 1510 viewsTractorBrew

Get searching on Amazon, you can up unbranded ones from there a lot cheaper. Mine has last 2x as long as the branded one, which died after a couple of years

Agree, you need to go all in on one brand - I have a combi drill, impact driver, strimmer and circular saw
Ryobi tools on 11:56 - May 9 with 1490 viewsKeno

maybe she will help de-weed your crack?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5243068/naked-cleaning-company-boss-linger

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ryobi tools on 12:31 - May 9 with 1365 viewsIllinoisblue

I have a number of their tools (hedge trimmer, leaf blower, edger, power washer) and have been impressed with their quality. As for the batteries, when I first started buying their stuff about five years ago they came with batteries but more recently they seem to be a separate purchase.

The only tool of theirs i would not recommend is their snow blower. Mine struggles mightily with our Midwest winters. The batteries just don’t have enough power to fully clear the ice and slush.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ryobi tools on 13:01 - May 9 with 1282 viewsSwansea_Blue

I used to have a Ryobi fishing reel, but that not the line you’re taking is it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ryobi tools on 13:05 - May 9 with 1249 viewsblueasfook

I just use a karcher pressure washer. Does the job.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ryobi tools on 13:30 - May 9 with 1192 viewsDarkBrandon

I’m happy with Ryobi. I’ve got a bit of their kit, a drill, a hedge cutter and so on.

All works very well, and seems to be of a higher quality than the other stuff I’ve bought.

Not being clear that you need to buy the battery is annoying, but then bundling a battery with anything else you buy from them, when you don’t really need it is wasting money.

I’ve got a number of Bosch batteries that have been bundled with stuff in the past, and that is something of a waste
Ryobi tools on 15:10 - May 9 with 1066 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ryobi tools on 11:23 - May 9 by artsbossbeard

Ryobi convert here.

Got the mower & strimmer deal inc battery.

I'd suggest that it's worth the battery cost IF you can take advantage of the other Ryobi portfolio items. If not..

I went into B & Q to look at the battery and they had a Ryobi strimmer for £99 including the battery . Needed a new strimmer so killed two birds with one stone.

Iron Lion Zion

I’ve got a wire brush…. on 15:12 - May 9 with 1060 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve got a wire brush…. on 10:50 - May 9 by Bloots

….on a broomstick.

Sounds too much like hard work for a man of my age.

Iron Lion Zion

Ryobi tools on 15:13 - May 9 with 1057 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ryobi tools on 11:13 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Get yourself some of this:

https://www.watersidegardencentre.co.uk/resolva-pro-xtra-tough-super-concentrate

The weeds in my patio laughed in the face of weed killers until I unleashed this on them. They don't laugh anymore.

I’m worried about putting stuff like that down with my dog.

Iron Lion Zion

Ryobi tools on 15:16 - May 9 with 1040 viewsbuoyant

You're better off with a blowtorch for that job and you can solder pipes for fun too!

UTT

Ryobi tools on 15:29 - May 9 with 1011 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Ryobi tools on 15:13 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

I’m worried about putting stuff like that down with my dog.

I certainly wouldn't recommend putting it down with your dog, there must be far more practical ways of applying it.

Ryobi tools on 16:04 - May 9 with 929 viewsGlory_Hunter

Ryobi tools on 15:10 - May 9 by GlasgowBlue

I went into B & Q to look at the battery and they had a Ryobi strimmer for £99 including the battery . Needed a new strimmer so killed two birds with one stone.

They tend to run out when you're halfway through a task so a spare is necessary either way.

I've literally had one run out with a single last strip of grass left down the centre of the lawn leaving it with a Mohican. Unless you want to wait for the recharge each time that happens you need a spare.
Ryobi tools on 18:22 - May 9 with 798 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ryobi tools on 15:29 - May 9 by Portmanteauxcurling

I certainly wouldn't recommend putting it down with your dog, there must be far more practical ways of applying it.

Depends on the dog. Something long-haired would probably take up too much of the product, but something like a short haired sausage dog would be ok. You could put it on a bent rod, like a paint roller

(Copyright pending)

Ryobi tools on 18:28 - May 9 with 782 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ryobi tools on 13:05 - May 9 by blueasfook

I just use a karcher pressure washer. Does the job.

This, although there’s no way I was going to buy something yellow. I went for a Nilfisk as they’re blue (seriously, that’s why I chose, not that I’m petty or anything ).

The only problem is they’re too harsh with mortar and you need to take care on block paving as mine’s powerful enough to move the blocks. So I’ve got a bit of re-pointing to do now (or whatever you call filling in the gaps between slabs). The slabs and block come up like new though - I wish I’d bought one years ago.
[Post edited 9 May 18:28]

Ryobi tools on 19:21 - May 9 with 684 viewsswede

I have a few Ryobi power tools and a couple of batteries. I have no complaints at all. I bought the battery lawnmower last year and it does my three lawns on the two batteries.
A clever idea to get you to be loyal to Ryobi having the interchangeable batteries, but it works for me, not having to have separate batteries and chargers for different tools.
Ryobi tools on 19:25 - May 9 with 667 viewsBloomBlue

Lots of salt water, that will be cheaper and kill tne weeds
Ryobi tools on 20:35 - May 9 with 600 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thanks for everyones contributions. Just finished a very large area of mono blocking and it worked a treat.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024