Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... 10:50 - May 8 with 2834 viewsBellevue_Blue

I think my stance would be permanent or bust. With the Prem regulations meaning we are unable to register more than two players on loan at any one time, I think it's vitally important we save those two spots for proven Premier League players who we might be able to get at a discounted price.

Additionally, if we are going to give Prem minutes to younger players, I'd much rather we are buying those players and creating value for Ipswich Town as opposed to Chelsea.

Potentially the chance we might be able to negotiate an option to buy which I'd definitely be for. Just not a straight loan.
[Post edited 8 May 11:30]
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:53 - May 8 with 2092 viewswkj

What if it was a loan with an option to buy?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:55 - May 8 with 2059 viewsBellevue_Blue

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:53 - May 8 by wkj

What if it was a loan with an option to buy?

Yeah I'd happily do it if the option to buy is achievable!
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:55 - May 8 with 2052 viewsTractorCam

Right now our academy/ young players are not up to the standard to play for our Championship side, let alone in the Prem.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:58 - May 8 with 2034 viewsBellevue_Blue

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:55 - May 8 by TractorCam

Right now our academy/ young players are not up to the standard to play for our Championship side, let alone in the Prem.

Yeah so I'd rather we buy younger players from other academies and give those minutes to our players instead of inflating the value of the big 6's younger players via loans.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:58 - May 8 with 2019 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Theres a need t be pragmatic.

Of course we would like to create value for Ipswich rather than another club, but in reality any loan is creating value for the parent club.

Proven is good, but I trust KM's judgement, he may well have seen enough to feel that OH has the ability to be better than those proven at other clubs in the Prem.

A so called proven player, is not guaranteed to be more effective than a high quality young player who is used to the team, the manager and the surroundings.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:59 - May 8 with 1991 viewsipswichtillidie

The thing is he would be a low risk loan. We know him, the team and management love him. He’s comfortable and settled here. I see your point in regards developing other teams players but we find ourselves a Premiership club before time. Our season will be about building foundations and trying to consolidate our position in the division. I think come May next year give the chance we would all take 17th with the development of the squad moving to the next level.

Gav

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:00 - May 8 with 1984 viewsGlory_Hunter

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:55 - May 8 by TractorCam

Exactly.

The notion of giving our own giving 'minutes' overlooks entirely the process Hutchinson went through to go from getting minutes to becoming an integral part of our team.
[Post edited 8 May 11:01]
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:01 - May 8 with 1974 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:58 - May 8 by Bellevue_Blue

Yeah so I'd rather we buy younger players from other academies and give those minutes to our players instead of inflating the value of the big 6's younger players via loans.

If he helps keep us in the Prem, he is creating value for Ipswich.

Not transfer value, but securing the value of the club by staying in the Premier League.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:02 - May 8 with 1947 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think there's any likelihood of him coming back permanently.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:04 - May 8 with 1918 viewsblueasfook

I think realistically the only way we would get him back would be another loan. His price tag would be upwards of 20 mill I'm sure. We ain't spending 20mill on anyone.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:04 - May 8 with 1911 viewsBondiBlue

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:02 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Go on...

Poll: Which would you accept?

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:04 - May 8 with 1883 viewsGlory_Hunter

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:58 - May 8 by Bellevue_Blue

Those young players you speak of go out on loan to the equivalent of Ipswich this past season to gain the kind of experience they need to step up.

Throwing them into the top level the way you suggest can cost precious games and destroy confidence.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:10 - May 8 with 1809 viewsArmaghBlue

Shame, but half expected due to the supposed interest in him.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:11 - May 8 with 1782 viewsGlory_Hunter

Do you follow happy looking people around in the street with a jug of cold water?
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:12 - May 8 with 1771 viewsGlory_Hunter

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:04 - May 8 by BondiBlue

Go on...

You're hoping for a punchline?!
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:18 - May 8 with 1727 viewsipswichtillidie

Where do you think we will shop Phil? Predominantly Championship? Some abroad? Surely our record transfer fee paid will be broken a few times. Could see our first 10m plus player.
[Post edited 8 May 11:20]

Gav

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:18 - May 8 with 1716 viewsBellevue_Blue

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:04 - May 8 by Glory_Hunter

Those young players you speak of go out on loan to the equivalent of Ipswich this past season to gain the kind of experience they need to step up.

Throwing them into the top level the way you suggest can cost precious games and destroy confidence.

Yeah so in that case I'd be much more in favour of using our resources to bring in the likes of Jay Stansfield or Ki-Jana Hoever for example who have that experience and can be assets for Ipswich Town. Obviously we would then need that bit of extra experience on top of that.

Another really good example is what Luton have done with Teden Mengi this season. Has played at PL2 level for the past two seasons, signed for Luton in the summe, has proven himself and is now at 10M + Centre Back. Whilst that could be an anomaly, there are equally likely the be players at a number of these academies with similar capabilities.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:19 - May 8 with 1696 viewsElderGrizzly

He's only 1 year left on his contract, so I can see Chelsea extending and then loaning.

If he helps us stay in the PL, we should be trying to loan and what happens after that is what happens.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:21 - May 8 with 1655 viewsZapers

Good job you're not in charge then!
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:26 - May 8 with 1577 viewsDenny32

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:19 - May 8 by ElderGrizzly

He's only 1 year left on his contract, so I can see Chelsea extending and then loaning.

If he helps us stay in the PL, we should be trying to loan and what happens after that is what happens.

Its a win win situation all around..at the end of the day ..he will decide himself..plus he knows only too well .If he stays with chelski he will be probably only warming the bench for a good few games and He won't want that.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:28 - May 8 with 1542 viewsOldFart71

It would all hinge on the sort of dosh Chelsea want for Hutchinson. I am really unsure what sort of money he'd command. People more knowledgeable than myself believe Davis to now be worth 20 million. So I'd see Hutchinson around the 15-20 million maybe ?
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:31 - May 8 with 1505 viewsBuhrer

You've somehow made absolute perfection the enemy of really really facking bloody brilliant. Have you seen how he's developed?! More please, however.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:32 - May 8 with 1514 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:18 - May 8 by ipswichtillidie

Where do you think we will shop Phil? Predominantly Championship? Some abroad? Surely our record transfer fee paid will be broken a few times. Could see our first 10m plus player.
[Post edited 8 May 11:20]

Yes, record will be broken a few times, almost certainly. Would surprise me if we shopped a lot in the Championship - we saw what happened with Paul Hurst when he took a similar approach of buying from divisions below and the gap to the PL is even larger - but there will certainly be some, and I'm sure they'll look abroad. Think they'll want some Premier League experience as we've got very, very little in the squad as it stands.

Hutchinson seems wholly unrealistic as a permanent signing, think Chelsea would want £20 million for him and there are far bigger clubs than us looking at him. I think the idea him coming back permanently came from comments he made earlier in the season when he was asked about returning on loan next year. He said he'd be interested and it was reported by some sources as wanting to come back full stop, which was interpreted as permanently.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:33 - May 8 with 1482 viewswkj

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:32 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Yes, record will be broken a few times, almost certainly. Would surprise me if we shopped a lot in the Championship - we saw what happened with Paul Hurst when he took a similar approach of buying from divisions below and the gap to the PL is even larger - but there will certainly be some, and I'm sure they'll look abroad. Think they'll want some Premier League experience as we've got very, very little in the squad as it stands.

Hutchinson seems wholly unrealistic as a permanent signing, think Chelsea would want £20 million for him and there are far bigger clubs than us looking at him. I think the idea him coming back permanently came from comments he made earlier in the season when he was asked about returning on loan next year. He said he'd be interested and it was reported by some sources as wanting to come back full stop, which was interpreted as permanently.

Any gossip on us landing our Dutch player for the premier league?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:34 - May 8 with 1472 viewsElderGrizzly

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:32 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

A loan to a 'lower end' PL club appears the next step in his career and whether we like it or not, we will be perceived as that next season.

All depends if Chelsea need to sell to avoid financial penalties this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024