Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning 08:02 - May 8 with 3877 viewsHerbivore

Potted highlights:

- He's already back at Chelsea so they can take a look, and likely to go on their preseason tour in July (booooo).

- He has genuine affection for the club and loves McKenna which could go in our favour but is no guarantee.

- He already has other loan suitors from the Prem.

- Although Chelsea need to raise funds they think it's unlikely they'll sell when his potential is so high, although may depend on whether a new deal can be agreed (12 months left with an option for a further 12 months).

- Has a lot of traffic ahead of him at Chelsea and for England which may influence his decision making, not likely to want to be a squad player or bench warmer after the season he's had.

Not necessarily loads that we didn't know there. Does feel like one where Omari himself potentially has a fair bit of influence, if he isn't interested in a new deal at Chelsea as he doesn't see a path to the first team there then it almost forces them to sell, or at least consider offers. I imagine if he's out on loan again, he'll get to choose the destination and that could work in our favour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:08 - May 8 with 3225 viewsnrb1985

Not sure how accurate this is.

Chelsea need to sell before June 30th to raise funds for FFP. They'll sell everyone they can to avoid selling Gallagher.

That means, you'd think, he needs to agree a new deal in the next few weeks if he's going on their pre season tour in July? Otherwise be sold in this FFP window.

As I posted yesterday, I think quite likely he goes to Germany when you look at Sancho, Belligham and now Musiala and Maatsen too. A well trodden path for young British talent.

I'd love him back here though obviously!

*One caveat to the above, there is some confusion as to whether Chelsea booked Mount's transfer in the last FFP window or this one. If they have rolled it to this window then the pressure to sell will be less and maybe then Hutchinson signs new deal and is potentially loaned again.
[Post edited 8 May 8:11]
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:11 - May 8 with 3161 viewsDaninthecampo

He can't play for England his played for Jamaica, I think he'll be here by the end of june
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:13 - May 8 with 3132 viewsHerbivore

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:11 - May 8 by Daninthecampo

He can't play for England his played for Jamaica, I think he'll be here by the end of june

He can play for England still as he's only made two friendly appearances for Jamaica.

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:14 - May 8 with 3122 viewsnodge_blue

It could be frustrating and dangerous to wait all window for him.

Especially as others like Whittaker could go to other clubs in the meantime.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:15 - May 8 with 3102 viewsHerbivore

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:14 - May 8 by nodge_blue

It could be frustrating and dangerous to wait all window for him.

Especially as others like Whittaker could go to other clubs in the meantime.

I doubt we'll go back in for Whittaker. He's a good player but not sure he's Prem ready and not sure he can press the way we press.

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:16 - May 8 with 3087 viewsBloomBlue

From the Chelsea fans I know they're saying the club has to sell and the feeling amongst the fans is Boehly wants to sell a load of youngsters rather than first teamers, so something is possible.
Although they say the rumours about a couple of established Prem teams interested in Hutchinson has been going round for a couple of months, with Brighton being one of those teams.
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:20 - May 8 with 3003 viewsnodge_blue

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:15 - May 8 by Herbivore

I doubt we'll go back in for Whittaker. He's a good player but not sure he's Prem ready and not sure he can press the way we press.

He did score 19 in the championship this season in a struggling side. I’m pretty sure he’s as ready as most of our squad.

But for him substitute Clarke or Philogene.

Btw, I’d absolutely love Omari here next year. It’s just a tough gamble to hang on.
[Post edited 8 May 8:23]

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:21 - May 8 with 2993 viewsnrb1985

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:16 - May 8 by BloomBlue

From the Chelsea fans I know they're saying the club has to sell and the feeling amongst the fans is Boehly wants to sell a load of youngsters rather than first teamers, so something is possible.
Although they say the rumours about a couple of established Prem teams interested in Hutchinson has been going round for a couple of months, with Brighton being one of those teams.

They can only sell academy players because they are booked as pure profit in FFP terms. Or in Omari's case, he has a very low book value as they paid £5m for him, so if they got £20m he goes in at £15m profit.

If they sell Lukaku etc, that doesn't make difference in terms of FFP for them.

Chelsea and Birmingham are a cautionary tale of what can happen when you let the Americans start meddling around in things they don't understand...

We really are very lucky to have our owners!
Login to get fewer ads

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:29 - May 8 with 2879 viewsHerbivore

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:20 - May 8 by nodge_blue

He did score 19 in the championship this season in a struggling side. I’m pretty sure he’s as ready as most of our squad.

But for him substitute Clarke or Philogene.

Btw, I’d absolutely love Omari here next year. It’s just a tough gamble to hang on.
[Post edited 8 May 8:23]

He's had an excellent season but in a side where he's the main man and they play to his strengths. He's a strong, direct runner with a cracking shot on his left foot although it's noticeable he's been a lot less effective second half of the season which makes you wonder if people have worked out how to nullify his threat. I'm not sure his all round game quite fits with how we play. I'd rather hold out for Omari, personally.

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:35 - May 8 with 2826 viewsnodge_blue

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:29 - May 8 by Herbivore

He's had an excellent season but in a side where he's the main man and they play to his strengths. He's a strong, direct runner with a cracking shot on his left foot although it's noticeable he's been a lot less effective second half of the season which makes you wonder if people have worked out how to nullify his threat. I'm not sure his all round game quite fits with how we play. I'd rather hold out for Omari, personally.

I would too. When we held out for Hirst, the club probably knew how hard he was pushing for the move. If Omari has other options his agent may get more influential. I don’t know. I think he’s terrific. Love watching him and he’s still improving.

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:40 - May 8 with 2763 viewsbluelagos

Can't see a scenario where they loan him out rather than cash in (unless they have extended his contract)

If I was in charge at Arsenal/L'pool/Man U/Newcastle he'd be very much in my sights - though whether Chelsea would consider selling to a top 6 rival I doubt. (As in they think they are top 6 contenders)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:48 - May 8 with 2631 viewsChurchman

It’s an interesting one. I’m not sure Chelsea and particularly Ipswich have much if any say in this. I agree - Hutchinson I’m sure has a lot of influence. Albeit at a lower level, when Hirst wanted to come to Ipswich last summer, it happened. The same principle applies to OH.

He has the world at his feet. A brilliant season here, Prem clubs, probably lower end, looking at him, a contract at Chelsea maybe? If they want to keep him, they’ll probably offer him another contract for more money with a loan out - probably to us as he needs to be playing PL football now. If I was a gambler I’d bet on the latter outcome.

The reasons are McKenna, staff, players and of course himself have advanced his career no end. Where else is he going to go to move his career forward that’s better? He needs to be playing week in week out and that isn’t going to happen at currently stronger PL clubs. He also has clearly settled here. His body language etc has changed out of all recognition.

Wishful thinking? Of course, but maybe we are allowed that for a week or two.

Come what may, Hutchinson has been brilliant for us and whatever decision he makes, I wish him well. He can be assured of a good welcome when he visits PR.
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:56 - May 8 with 2524 viewshype313

Wonder if this happens, he's back here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13392313/Chelsea-talks-sign-1

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:57 - May 8 with 2488 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I just can't see why Chelsea would sell him permanently now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in Chelsea's squad next season when you look at their bench recently.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:05 - May 8 with 2395 viewsyorkshireblue

I think the most likely outcome is he signs a new deal at Chelsea and we get him on loan again. Although that is based on gut feeling more than anything.
Well, if they can't agree a new deal... (n/t) on 09:05 - May 8 with 2390 viewsDyland

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 08:57 - May 8 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I just can't see why Chelsea would sell him permanently now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in Chelsea's squad next season when you look at their bench recently.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:12 - May 8 with 2332 viewsbaxterbasics

Seems to me the short answer here is - it depends entirely on how much Omari wants to play for Ipswich. It's in his hands. He can be an almost certain star for us, a potential star for an established mid-table Prem (or foreign) team, or a benchwarmer for a bigger club. Seems low risk for him to back with us - if we drop back down next year he'll be in the shop window with a season of premier league experience under his belt.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:13 - May 8 with 2303 viewstractorshark

I must admit it doesn’t sound particularly locked on he will come back to us, even though I think it would be the best move for all parties.
I’m sure Ashton is doing the groundwork though and his track record is exceptionally good to be fair to him.
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:40 - May 8 with 2029 viewsHighgateBlue

Can't imagine he'd go on another loan somewhere other than Ipswich. Chelsea know that (a) he'd get game time, (b) he loves it here, and (c) he's improved here and is likely to continue doing so.

So surely it's either:
(i) stay at Chelsea to Xmas and see if he can break into the side;
(ii) back to Town on loan; or
(iii) sell to the highest bidder for an 8 figure sum to help balance the books.
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:57 - May 8 with 1871 viewspennblue

If we can only have 2 loans, then surely we should get 2 loans with solid prem experience? ie. £50-60m players we would not otherwise be able to afford?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:58 - May 8 with 1858 viewsStokieBlue

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 09:57 - May 8 by pennblue

If we can only have 2 loans, then surely we should get 2 loans with solid prem experience? ie. £50-60m players we would not otherwise be able to afford?

Do many 50m rated players get loaned out?

Even if they did, I would be surprised if it was to a newly promoted side.

If the only way we can get Hutch back is via a loan then he should be one of the loan slots.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 10:04 - May 8 with 1794 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If Chelsea need funds by 30/6/24, then selling him with a buyback clause would make sense. With no significant PL experience, he would need to go somewhere where he is going to start regularly, and get good coaching. Tbf, most if not all PL teams have good coaches and training facilities, but how many would he be starting at every week? I think as long as we can offer a fee close to what others would pay, we would be the most attractive club for Chelsea to sell him to. Fee presumably about £15M - £20M, buy back who knows, maybe £30M.

Poll: would you rather

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 10:25 - May 8 with 1593 viewsnrb1985

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 10:04 - May 8 by LegendofthePhoenix

If Chelsea need funds by 30/6/24, then selling him with a buyback clause would make sense. With no significant PL experience, he would need to go somewhere where he is going to start regularly, and get good coaching. Tbf, most if not all PL teams have good coaches and training facilities, but how many would he be starting at every week? I think as long as we can offer a fee close to what others would pay, we would be the most attractive club for Chelsea to sell him to. Fee presumably about £15M - £20M, buy back who knows, maybe £30M.

Would be hard for them to negotiate a buy back with only a year left on his deal. Sell ons maybe.

Chelsea are desperate to sell players and everyone knows it.

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 10:27 - May 8 with 1570 viewsPhilTWTD

They quote Omari as having said "I hope so" when asked by Sky if he wants to come back, but I think he only said "I don't know", didn't he? I've not listened back since Saturday. He had said he'd like to previously, however.
Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 10:28 - May 8 with 1548 viewswkj

Article on Omari in The Athletic this morning on 10:27 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

They quote Omari as having said "I hope so" when asked by Sky if he wants to come back, but I think he only said "I don't know", didn't he? I've not listened back since Saturday. He had said he'd like to previously, however.

I heard "I hope so" but I don't think it was Omari saying it, but someone else within earshot.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024