Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant 18:27 - May 6 with 8613 viewsDJR

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ipswich-town-players-mock-sky-32747
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:16 - May 6 with 1802 viewsJimmy86

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:12 - May 6 by ArnieM

Oh, I loved it when he said it. But the problem is the national media will make a big thing if it and potentially use it against this club now. Which is a shame Inthink given the humility and level headedness shown by McKenna and Ashton throughout our resurgence. It takes just a moment of unguarded comments to turn thst completely tound. I just hope Woolfies comments don’t now work against this Club. That’s all!

Don't think that'll be the case tbh, anyway, let's all enjoy it! What a bank holiday weekend it's been! An an amazing season and unbelievable achievement by every single one of them at the club
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:17 - May 6 with 1804 viewsDJR

I have no issue with what Woolfy said, and can't see it ever being used against us, especially given the context (Goodman's comments and an open-top bus).

In addition, Kayden grabbing the mike while Woolfie was being interviewed and chanting "Leeds are falling apart" was especially funny. He then repeated it a bit later.

In any event, the whole Sky coverage on the bus was pretty shambolic.
[Post edited 6 May 21:21]
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:18 - May 6 with 1777 viewsJimmy86

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:17 - May 6 by DJR

I have no issue with what Woolfy said, and can't see it ever being used against us, especially given the context (Goodman's comments and an open-top bus).

In addition, Kayden grabbing the mike while Woolfie was being interviewed and chanting "Leeds are falling apart" was especially funny. He then repeated it a bit later.

Bradford boy, hates Leeds - SHOCKER 😂
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:20 - May 6 with 1757 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

It's a no news news story
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:37 - May 6 with 1667 viewsArnieM

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:16 - May 6 by Jimmy86

Don't think that'll be the case tbh, anyway, let's all enjoy it! What a bank holiday weekend it's been! An an amazing season and unbelievable achievement by every single one of them at the club

It’s been a helluva ride hasn’t it. Still on cloud 99 and so proud of them all. It’s going to be a bit of an anticlimax dragging my sorry ass into work at 7.30am tomorrow lol.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:39 - May 6 with 1651 viewsitfcserbia

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:17 - May 6 by DJR

Watching it online today, shambolic is quite the right description of that coverage.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:40 - May 6 with 1633 viewsArmaghBlue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:39 - May 6 by itfcserbia

Watching it online today, shambolic is quite the right description of that coverage.

60% of the coverage was of the presenter asking if things were ok
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:42 - May 6 with 1611 viewspointofblue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 by itfcserbia

I just didn't think professional PL players should make comments like that in public, especially with Town's chance of being "everyone's second favorite team" next season. This wasn't a very likable moment.

But I was more bothered with Jackson's chanting about Leeds falling apart on national television tbh. Be gracious in celebration, be happy for Town, what is the need to sing anything about Leeds let alone a chant that supports the narrative in which we only made it because they have collapsed.

I sort of agree with this. I didn't have an issue with Woolfenden's barb at Goodman at all. Was pretty funny and accurate. But Jackson starting a Leeds chant made me wince - didn't feel it was necessary. He should have left it to the fans.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:46 - May 6 with 1586 viewsitfctilidie

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 by itfcserbia

I just didn't think professional PL players should make comments like that in public, especially with Town's chance of being "everyone's second favorite team" next season. This wasn't a very likable moment.

But I was more bothered with Jackson's chanting about Leeds falling apart on national television tbh. Be gracious in celebration, be happy for Town, what is the need to sing anything about Leeds let alone a chant that supports the narrative in which we only made it because they have collapsed.

Who cares about being anyones second team though really? I’d much rather get a stiffy over watching my team than read plaudits from others - never understood the lust for the latter
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 22:08 - May 6 with 1490 viewsMullet

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:42 - May 6 by pointofblue

I sort of agree with this. I didn't have an issue with Woolfenden's barb at Goodman at all. Was pretty funny and accurate. But Jackson starting a Leeds chant made me wince - didn't feel it was necessary. He should have left it to the fans.

Isn't he from Bradford?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 22:08 - May 6 with 1489 viewsBondiBlue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:12 - May 6 by N2_Blue

With respect I think you are being way too too sensitive

In Australia, sledging is a competitive sport in itself.

Very ipswich to be worrying about offending others. Balls to the others.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 22:11 - May 6 with 1459 viewsJimmy86

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 22:08 - May 6 by Mullet

Isn't he from Bradford?

He is indeed... Leeds aren't going to be his cup of tea..
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 22:20 - May 6 with 1420 viewsessexblue

It’s not just this season. I’ve said when watching for years that he was always negative against us. Andy Hinchcliffe is a bit better but also has a bit of a downer on us. It is clear every time that DG has no idea what is going on with our club let alone what he is watching in front of him. His background knowledge about the club is poor and it’s not a surprise that he comes across as a tw@t. At least he won’t be commentating on our games next season
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 22:33 - May 6 with 1364 viewsVic

They haven't had time for their Prem standatd media training yet have they. Give them a few weeks and they'll have the usual inane answers off pat! So much to learn at so many levels!!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 23:35 - May 6 with 1242 viewsReus30

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:46 - May 6 by itfctilidie

Who cares about being anyones second team though really? I’d much rather get a stiffy over watching my team than read plaudits from others - never understood the lust for the latter

100 percent agreed.

I don't want you to give my team your second hand love because your team is pish.

Town need to go under the radar as they have done for the last 2 season and then ram it down pundits throats.

Also let's face it, it's not just Goodman but most sky "pundits" in general. Hinchcliffe, Hendrie, Nathan Jones, Ainsworth, Deeney and any others that wrote off Ipswich can now suck one.
The only exception has probably been Chambo, Holland (obviously), and Jobi has been fairly neutral.
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 23:36 - May 6 with 1230 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:18 - May 6 by Jimmy86

Bradford boy, hates Leeds - SHOCKER 😂

Exactly this. Beat me to it.
Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 00:01 - May 7 with 1177 viewsArchiRob

They will love the End of Season Dinner with all the Guests singing it to Lief (players player of the year)

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 00:31 - May 7 with 1134 viewspointofblue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 23:35 - May 6 by Reus30

100 percent agreed.

I don't want you to give my team your second hand love because your team is pish.

Town need to go under the radar as they have done for the last 2 season and then ram it down pundits throats.

Also let's face it, it's not just Goodman but most sky "pundits" in general. Hinchcliffe, Hendrie, Nathan Jones, Ainsworth, Deeney and any others that wrote off Ipswich can now suck one.
The only exception has probably been Chambo, Holland (obviously), and Jobi has been fairly neutral.

I think it depends in the tone of writing us off as well. Ainsworth and Jones, from memory, sounded quite disappointed when doing so but explained, not unreasonably, they were concerned about our lack of depth. In comparison, Goodman seemed to revel in it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 03:56 - May 7 with 1025 viewsSE1blue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 19:56 - May 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I was a bit surprised that Milts encouraged an anti-Leeds slant to it. I thought Woolf's comment in isolation was fine.

Leicester’s official social media team were heavily trolling Leeds before we were even guaranteed second place. I don’t think we’ve done anything outrageous in the context of things.

Also, counter balance our reaction with comments like ‘the cream has risen to the top’ from Sky when Leeds went briefly top. Think there’s been a lack of respect throughout the season from some elements of their team.

I can’t blame our players having views on Sky’s views.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 04:06 - May 7 with 1013 viewsSE1blue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 03:56 - May 7 by SE1blue

Leicester’s official social media team were heavily trolling Leeds before we were even guaranteed second place. I don’t think we’ve done anything outrageous in the context of things.

Also, counter balance our reaction with comments like ‘the cream has risen to the top’ from Sky when Leeds went briefly top. Think there’s been a lack of respect throughout the season from some elements of their team.

I can’t blame our players having views on Sky’s views.

And I am going to thoroughly enjoy these playoffs because at least two, possibly all three, from Norwich, Leeds and Russell Martin will miss out on promotion and I’m here for the ripping they’ll each get when it happens.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 06:43 - May 7 with 912 viewsBlueBoots

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 00:01 - May 7 by ArchiRob

They will love the End of Season Dinner with all the Guests singing it to Lief (players player of the year)

Just an old club for Lief (that didn't appreciate him enough to give him a chance) - he's a Newcastle fan!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 07:01 - May 7 with 858 viewsitfcserbia

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:40 - May 6 by ArmaghBlue

He didn't even know Omari wasn't here the previous season, kept asking him about consecutive promotions. Poor lad had to tell him after 3rd time he wasn't with Town in L1.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 07:19 - May 7 with 794 viewschicoazul

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 20:47 - May 6 by ArnieM

Which it will, and will likely be used against the club all next season. A bit of an OG there Woolfie I’m afraid!

Honestly you’re such a wetwipe sometimes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 07:32 - May 7 with 733 viewsBondiBlue

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 07:19 - May 7 by chicoazul

Honestly you’re such a wetwipe sometimes.

Any excuse to have a pop at an ipswich defender

Poll: Which would you accept?

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 07:50 - May 7 with 660 viewsDJR

Don Goodman comment/Leeds chant on 21:40 - May 6 by ArmaghBlue

His hapless performance brought to mind the immortal words of Yosser Hughes, played by the late Bernard Hill.

"Gissa job. Come on, gissit. Gissa go. Come on. I could do that."
[Post edited 7 May 7:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024