Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Utterly disrespectful 11:51 - May 6 with 2326 viewsTrequartista

Notwithstanding the fantastic job Moyes has done, agreeing a deal with a new manager while the incumbent is still in position

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c88zm0y5jnpo

We really are about to enter a murky swamp aren't we.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Utterly disrespectful on 11:53 - May 6 with 2238 viewsmylittletown

What do you expect from a bunch of sh*tty gangsters.
Utterly disrespectful on 11:55 - May 6 with 2203 viewsNeedhamChris

Devils advocate, if they spent weeks without a manager looking for a replacement they'd be getting grief for not having a plan.

I don't think this is anything new tbh

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Utterly disrespectful on 11:56 - May 6 with 2183 viewswkj

I don't think it is that scandalous - Moyes was leaving at the end of the season so it makes sense to have your house in order

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Utterly disrespectful on 11:57 - May 6 with 2164 viewsChurchman

Odious club, West Ham. Always have been.

You only have to look at the way they treated John Lyall before he came to us to know that.
Utterly disrespectful on 11:58 - May 6 with 2157 viewsTrequartista

Utterly disrespectful on 11:55 - May 6 by NeedhamChris

Devils advocate, if they spent weeks without a manager looking for a replacement they'd be getting grief for not having a plan.

I don't think this is anything new tbh

If they're going to get rid, then get rid. If they want to keep him and are waiting on his decision, line someone in private. I can't see how his position is tenable now.

Utterly disrespectful on 11:59 - May 6 with 2135 viewsTrequartista

Utterly disrespectful on 11:56 - May 6 by wkj

I don't think it is that scandalous - Moyes was leaving at the end of the season so it makes sense to have your house in order

If Moyes has decided to leave, no problem at all. I haven't seen that reported anywhere though.

Utterly disrespectful on 12:03 - May 6 with 2087 viewsWeWereZombies

Looking on the positive side, possible six points for us next season ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Utterly disrespectful on 12:05 - May 6 with 2065 viewsmylittletown

Utterly disrespectful on 12:03 - May 6 by WeWereZombies

Looking on the positive side, possible six points for us next season ?

Doubt it. Lopetegui is a good manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Utterly disrespectful on 12:13 - May 6 with 2006 viewsWeWereZombies

Utterly disrespectful on 12:05 - May 6 by mylittletown

Might depend on when we play them. Pochettino is a good manager but he has taken all season to get Chelsea functional. A dispirited Hammers squad unsure of who may be coming in to replace them (Lopetegui practically downed tools at Wolves because he wasn't being backed for transfers) may seem them languishing until next spring.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Utterly disrespectful on 12:26 - May 6 with 1929 viewspointofblue

We did the same under Evans, talk to someone whilst the current manager was in post. Jim to Keane is the one which stands out. Admittedly, we did actually sack the incumbent before announcing the successor.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Utterly disrespectful on 13:14 - May 6 with 1697 viewsIllinoisblue

Happens all the time in football, surely. Moyes has been a dead man walking for a while which is kinda crazy - as if finishing top half of prem and winning a European trophy is not good enough for West Ham. But their fans would probably react the same way when we were moaning about Mick.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Utterly disrespectful on 13:19 - May 6 with 1648 viewsEuropablue

He's out of contract in the summer, so he won't be sacked. It's a contingency plan. Julen Lopetegui has proven successful.
The other good thing is that they will stop sniffing around our manager. KM won't leave us for a league position or club history. He would only move to a club that has everything in place or is putting things together. It would make a whole lot of sense for Man Utd. to try and poach him if they are getting organized off the pitch.
Utterly disrespectful on 13:32 - May 6 with 1572 viewsPendejo

I understand where you are coming from, but Moyes won't be sleeping in a tent under an elevated motorway anytime soon.

Another club will come along and will be happy if he can do for them what he did for West Ham.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Utterly disrespectful on 13:45 - May 6 with 1519 viewsBarcaBlue

Utterly disrespectful on 12:05 - May 6 by mylittletown

He's really not done anything special. His record is pretty poor in England. One good season in Seville and the same for Porto 10 years ago, and that's about it. Not sure he'll be celebrating xmas with mash and jellied eels.
Utterly disrespectful on 13:53 - May 6 with 1480 viewsbackwaywhen

Wouldn’t it be great to finish above them lol , never going to happen by the way .
Utterly disrespectful on 14:16 - May 6 with 1373 viewsBloomBlue

I would say that's normal. If you have a manager coming towards the end of their contract/going to be sacked lots of clubs would already start to gauge if potential replacements were interest in joining them. OK not offer an actual contract but still going behind the manager's back
Utterly disrespectful on 14:23 - May 6 with 1325 viewsWhos_blue

I've got family connections to West Ham.
It seems that Moyes will just be leaving at the end of his contract. No sacking, resignation or going behind backs. It's just come to the end, very much like it did with Mick.
Not too much to see here.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Utterly disrespectful on 14:27 - May 6 with 1299 viewsTrequartista

Utterly disrespectful on 14:23 - May 6 by Whos_blue

I've got family connections to West Ham.
It seems that Moyes will just be leaving at the end of his contract. No sacking, resignation or going behind backs. It's just come to the end, very much like it did with Mick.
Not too much to see here.

Again, all fine if he's already said he's leaving. But all i'm seeing is "talks will not take place until after their final game at Manchester City on 19 May."

Utterly disrespectful on 15:28 - May 6 with 1064 viewsArnieM

Utterly disrespectful on 11:57 - May 6 by Churchman

Odious club, West Ham. Always have been.

You only have to look at the way they treated John Lyall before he came to us to know that.

….. and Lampard snr. I think that’s why Frank left them. You reap what you sow don’t you.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Utterly disrespectful on 20:01 - May 6 with 721 viewsTrequartista

Utterly disrespectful on 11:58 - May 6 by Trequartista

If they're going to get rid, then get rid. If they want to keep him and are waiting on his decision, line someone in private. I can't see how his position is tenable now.

Yep he's gone. Ridiculous how that played out in public.

Utterly disrespectful on 20:12 - May 6 with 671 viewsfranz_tyson

Don't understand the drama. Hasn't been sacked. His contract is up and they've decided to look at someone else to take the club further. Could all be very amicable behind the scenes. Gives the WH fanbase a different perspective towards Moyes where they can thank him for what he's done and not constantly moan about him. Think it's the best outcome for everyone.
Utterly disrespectful on 20:14 - May 6 with 654 viewsBarcaBlue

Utterly disrespectful on 20:01 - May 6 by Trequartista

Yep he's gone. Ridiculous how that played out in public.

Coincidentally Lopetegui was named Real Mardrid manager whilst he was preparing the national side for the 2018 World Cup. The Spanish FA sacked him and Spain had a dreadful campaign and didn't get out of their group. Lopetegui was sacked 3 months later by Madrid.
Utterly disrespectful on 20:51 - May 6 with 538 views66notout

Utterly disrespectful on 12:26 - May 6 by pointofblue

We did the same under Evans, talk to someone whilst the current manager was in post. Jim to Keane is the one which stands out. Admittedly, we did actually sack the incumbent before announcing the successor.

Happens all the time in this game. Sheepy had Royle lined up before he sacked Burley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024