Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower north stand bars 17:05 - May 5 with 901 viewsRachel

Just out of interest, anyone know why the bars in the lower north closed before kick off yesterday?
Lower north stand bars on 17:21 - May 5 with 830 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

My nephew works on the North Stand kiosks and he said that they ran out of beer and only had Aspall at one point. May have been a supply issue?
Lower north stand bars on 17:31 - May 5 with 763 viewsRadlett_blue

Lower north stand bars on 17:21 - May 5 by Hugoagogo_Reborn

My nephew works on the North Stand kiosks and he said that they ran out of beer and only had Aspall at one point. May have been a supply issue?

Ashton out!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lower north stand bars on 17:36 - May 5 with 731 viewsWickets

Lower north stand bars on 17:21 - May 5 by Hugoagogo_Reborn

It was in caos the game before staff shortages I was told !
Lower north stand bars on 17:54 - May 5 with 657 viewsZx1988

On a related note, something we discussed yesterday:

What are the precise rules regarding alcohol in view of the pitch? Is it just for the 90mins?

If so (notwithstanding the wisdom and staffing implications of such actions), could the club have reopened bars after the final whistle to allow for us to watch the celebrations with a drink?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Lower north stand bars on 17:58 - May 5 with 627 viewsstonojnr

Lower north stand bars on 17:54 - May 5 by Zx1988

What are the precise rules regarding alcohol in view of the pitch? Is it just for the 90mins?

If so (notwithstanding the wisdom and staffing implications of such actions), could the club have reopened bars after the final whistle to allow for us to watch the celebrations with a drink?

I believe it only applies during the match, I mean some of the players had beers on the pitch anyway :)

But it goes back to why the bar closed, they'd have sold out because they dont order in volumes that means they have to pour it down the drain if it don't sell.
Lower north stand bars on 18:18 - May 5 with 564 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

Lower north stand bars on 17:54 - May 5 by Zx1988

I worked at ITFC in sales and hospitality for a long time, up until 2017. The FA regs, at the time, were that alcohol could not be consumed in view of the pitch from 30 minutes prior to kickoff, and until 30 minutes after the match. That was implemented in hospitality areas, where I assume it can be well policed. In the greater stadium areas, I imagine they have to be more strict as it is harder to police.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024