Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raise a glass to Paul Cook 14:31 - May 3 with 4613 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

If we do it, then personally I will raise a glass to Paul Cook tomorrow afternoon.

Not debating that KMc has improved his signings, but I think Cook deserves credit for bringing Hladky, Walton, Burgess, Edmondson, Morsy, Chappers and Burns to our club.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:32 - May 3 with 3240 viewsJ2BLUE

Probably more fitting to raise a cup

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:35 - May 3 with 3217 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He signed about 18 players, he was bound to get some right.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:35 - May 3 with 3209 views_clive_baker_

No doubt a good bloke and wish him well, but there's plenty of people more worthy of recognition that him tbh.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:42 - May 3 with 3164 viewsSteve_M

Honestly the hold that half-arsed joker has on some fans is ridiculous.

We had an enormous budget for the third division, signing some decent players is the least we should have expected from that. Now had he actually got a team together for more than about six weeks he might be worthy of some praise.

He did a worse job than Lambert did in 20-21 and then, after signing all those new players, went back to blaming them for not being good enough just before he was sacked.

But, yeah other than that, well done Cooky.
[Post edited 3 May 14:55]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:43 - May 3 with 3127 viewsStewart27

To be fair he did exactly what was needed with that pathetic bunch.

He was just really crap at managing it afterwards.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:43 - May 3 with 3111 viewsBiGDonnie

I won't be.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:44 - May 3 with 3109 viewsfooters

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:42 - May 3 by Steve_M

We had an enormous budget for the third division, signing some decent players is the least we should have expected from that. Now had he actually got a team together for more than about six weeks he might be worthy of some praise.

He did a worse job than Lambert did in 20-21 and then, after signing all those new players, went back to blaming them for not being good enough just before he was sacked.

And Paul Cook referred to Paul Cook in the third person. footers didn't like that one bit.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:44 - May 3 with 3080 viewshomer_123

Have to agree on this.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:45 - May 3 with 3045 viewsHerbivore

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:43 - May 3 by Stewart27

To be fair he did exactly what was needed with that pathetic bunch.

He was just really crap at managing it afterwards.

And beforehand, and during. But aside from that, he was ace.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:49 - May 3 with 3000 viewsHerbivore

Yep, it's utterly bonkers to be honest. One of our worst ever managers and he seems to get a lot of undeserved reflected glory from the fact his successor has shone so brightly.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:52 - May 3 with 2962 views_clive_baker_

So do you need a glass or not?

I'll put you down as a 'maybe'.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:05 - May 3 with 2885 viewsDarkHorse

Ridiculous. Might as well raise a glass to Hurst & Lambert ffs - if they hadn't got us relegated maybe we wouldn't have been such a good value proposition to Gamechanger?
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:15 - May 3 with 2773 viewsITFCMonk

In some ways it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as he was known to have completely overhauled his squads at previous clubs and that was needed at the time.

I always thought the timing of the sacking of Lambert and appointing Cook whilst the takeover talks were ongoing seemed strange. Makes you wonder how much of an influence Gamechanger had in that at the time or if it was all down to Evans.

Either way, Mark Ashton was always going to be the man to come in the drivers seat further down the line and get the appointment right.
[Post edited 3 May 15:15]
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:22 - May 3 with 2684 viewscleaner

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:44 - May 3 by footers

And Paul Cook referred to Paul Cook in the third person. footers didn't like that one bit.

Cleaner feels attacked

Cleaner makes an unhappy face with text

:(
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:23 - May 3 with 2658 viewsfooters

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:22 - May 3 by cleaner

Cleaner feels attacked

Cleaner makes an unhappy face with text

:(

How is Hemsby this time of year?

Nice to see you. To see you nice.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:24 - May 3 with 2650 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Demolition Job and kicking the frauds of the club. Thank you very much.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:26 - May 3 with 2636 viewsfooters

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:24 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

Nice to see Captain Fantastic back wasn't it, Mach? Doing his awesome fist pump to the crowd and getting paid by Sky for his wisdom to boot! What a guy.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:27 - May 3 with 2636 viewsN2_Blue

Couldn't give toss to be honest.

I'm glad those players you list are here and I love them but Mckenna wouldn have brought in as good if not better players had he been around at that time. Mckenna has hardly signed a dud has he, Cook signed plenty.

Paul Cook was a useless manager for us, and i won't be raising anything to him. I wish him well in his career elsewhere but he now has nothing to do with ITFC and was just another abject failire called Paul.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:27 - May 3 with 2629 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:26 - May 3 by footers

Nice to see Captain Fantastic back wasn't it, Mach? Doing his awesome fist pump to the crowd and getting paid by Sky for his wisdom to boot! What a guy.

Your feelings not mine.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:27 - May 3 with 2629 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Cook signed some good players, true, but some not so good. Grateful to him particularly for the Sam Morsy signing, because I'm not sure Sam would have dropped a division for anyone else at the time. Clearly though he was like a kid in a sweetshop with the Gamechanger money, and jobs for all his scouse mafia mates.
[Post edited 3 May 15:28]
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:28 - May 3 with 2609 viewscleaner

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:23 - May 3 by footers

How is Hemsby this time of year?

Nice to see you. To see you nice.

The skylight on Cleaner's caravan blew off in those gusty Anglian nights, so it is a bit of a controversy at the moment. Though it will be okay, its like Mrs Cleaner always says - "Go round the back and not where you tread, nothing in this game if blown on the shed"
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:31 - May 3 with 2584 viewsHerbivore

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:24 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

So his achievements amount to doing something that you could have done if given the chance. I'm not sure that's a ringing endorsement of him as a manager. He was hopeless when it came to coaching and setting a side up and his man management skills didn't seem too sharp either. Hard to see what he was actually good at as a manager based on his time here.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:35 - May 3 with 2539 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:31 - May 3 by Herbivore

So his achievements amount to doing something that you could have done if given the chance. I'm not sure that's a ringing endorsement of him as a manager. He was hopeless when it came to coaching and setting a side up and his man management skills didn't seem too sharp either. Hard to see what he was actually good at as a manager based on his time here.

It's been done to death beforehand so are you seeking yet another argument?

You keep sticking up for Chambers, Skuse and other frauds who relegated us without a fight and made no real effort to get the club out of League One while I keep sticking up for Cook for the Demolition Job and cleaning the dressing room. Each to their own.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:39 - May 3 with 2488 viewsHerbivore

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:35 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

It's been done to death beforehand so are you seeking yet another argument?

You keep sticking up for Chambers, Skuse and other frauds who relegated us without a fight and made no real effort to get the club out of League One while I keep sticking up for Cook for the Demolition Job and cleaning the dressing room. Each to their own.

You don't have to respond you know, but if you're going to you could address my post rather than going on about Skuse and Chambers again.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:43 - May 3 with 2441 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:39 - May 3 by Herbivore

You don't have to respond you know, but if you're going to you could address my post rather than going on about Skuse and Chambers again.

Again. Stop seeking an argument.

You know my stance re Cook so why are you asking me time and time again? It's been done to death.

You would find an argument in an empty room wouldn't you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024