Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham 91’. 08:17 - May 3 with 1096 viewsBluespeed225

They got promoted at our place if I remember rightly? Have we ever been involved in another promotion game where we were the spare part?
Oldham 91’. on 09:06 - May 3 with 979 viewsgainsboroughblue

87-88 We party pooped at Bradford, beating them 3-2 and Villa sneaked up in their place.

90-91 Brighton scored a late goal to get in the play-offs at the Goldstone. They swarmed the pitch. Totally lorded it in front of the Town fans and some got coined for their troubles. A fair bit of bother in the pubs pre-match too. A year later, they were relegated as we went up.

Actually 4 of our last 6 games the end of that 90-91 season were against the promotion candidates. West Ham, Oldham, Notts Co, Brighton.

A lot more teams have been relegated at PR from memory.

Edit. Didn't we do something about Leeds not going up the year we went down, or had they already blown it?
[Post edited 3 May 9:08]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Oldham 91’. on 09:23 - May 3 with 927 viewsFifeITFC

Oldham 91’. on 09:06 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

87-88 We party pooped at Bradford, beating them 3-2 and Villa sneaked up in their place.

90-91 Brighton scored a late goal to get in the play-offs at the Goldstone. They swarmed the pitch. Totally lorded it in front of the Town fans and some got coined for their troubles. A fair bit of bother in the pubs pre-match too. A year later, they were relegated as we went up.

Actually 4 of our last 6 games the end of that 90-91 season were against the promotion candidates. West Ham, Oldham, Notts Co, Brighton.

Edit. Didn't we do something about Leeds not going up the year we went down, or had they already blown it?

Also remember us drawing 0-0 with Millwall which relegated them and stopped us getting the Play Offs.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Oldham 91’. on 09:27 - May 3 with 915 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oldham 91’. on 09:23 - May 3 by FifeITFC

Also remember us drawing 0-0 with Millwall which relegated them and stopped us getting the Play Offs.

Walsall were relegated here last day in 2000. I think they needed a bizarre array of results though.

Forest were already down in '93, Clough's last game.

Oldham 91’. on 09:32 - May 3 with 890 viewsTrequartista

Oldham 91’. on 09:06 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

For some reason all I remember about that Bradford game is seeing the goals on tv from a camera placed behind several pillars. I think Dozzell scored his first of the season and he hadn’t missed many games.

Pretty sure the win over Leeds when we went down was a dead rubber but that rings a bell of where we have denied Leeds somewhere in the past?

Think we relegated them at some point.
[Post edited 3 May 9:34]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Oldham 91’. on 09:36 - May 3 with 873 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oldham 91’. on 09:32 - May 3 by Trequartista

For some reason all I remember about that Bradford game is seeing the goals on tv from a camera placed behind several pillars. I think Dozzell scored his first of the season and he hadn’t missed many games.

Pretty sure the win over Leeds when we went down was a dead rubber but that rings a bell of where we have denied Leeds somewhere in the past?

Yeah. Got a feeling it was a three way between Nodge, Sheff U and Leeds to go up. It looked for all money that Leeds would come here with it in their hands but ballsed it up (sound familiar?) and by the time our game came, it meant nothing.

Oldham 91’. on 09:39 - May 3 with 860 viewsITFC_Forever

Oldham 91’. on 09:27 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

Walsall were relegated here last day in 2000. I think they needed a bizarre array of results though.

We could still have mathmatically gone down in that Forest game in 1993, although it would have taken a monumental swing in GD, and several other results to go against us.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Oldham 91’. on 09:41 - May 3 with 847 viewsITFC_Forever

Sheff Utd got promoted against us in 2019.

We were long since doomed to L1, but stayed behind after to congratulate David McG, and the Blunts fans were very complimentary to us after.
Not so sure they would have been had we won, but they would still have another game after.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Oldham 91’. on 09:41 - May 3 with 845 viewsblueasfook

Oldham 91’. on 09:27 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

Didn't we see Man City off at PR too to put the final nail in their relegation coffin?

"Blue Moon, you got promoted too soon"

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Oldham 91’. on 09:42 - May 3 with 833 viewsTrequartista

Oldham 91’. on 09:32 - May 3 by Trequartista

Ah of course Alan Lee 2007. They invaded the pitch for half an hour naturally. It left them Huddersfielded I.e. three points adrift with a massively inferior goal difference

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Oldham 91’. on 09:43 - May 3 with 830 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oldham 91’. on 09:39 - May 3 by ITFC_Forever

We could still have mathmatically gone down in that Forest game in 1993, although it would have taken a monumental swing in GD, and several other results to go against us.

I forget how close we actually came. 3 points! The absolute, ultimate season of two halves that was. I think we'd only lost two games by January.

Oldham 91’. on 10:11 - May 3 with 726 viewsSteve_M

Oldham 91’. on 09:41 - May 3 by ITFC_Forever

Sheff Utd got promoted against us in 2019.

We were long since doomed to L1, but stayed behind after to congratulate David McG, and the Blunts fans were very complimentary to us after.
Not so sure they would have been had we won, but they would still have another game after.

Putting that game and Leeds the next weekend together, think Sheffield United were all but up after beating us but they needed Leeds to drop points which they did the Sunday lunchtime afterwards (to Villa?). Hence Leeds came to PR in the play-offs.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oldham 91’. on 10:26 - May 3 with 631 viewsStu_boy

Charlton away april 1999, they were celebrating winning the championship and we gave them a guard of honour but then won 3 1
Oldham 91’. on 15:11 - May 3 with 450 viewsBluespeed225

Oldham 91’. on 10:26 - May 3 by Stu_boy

Charlton away april 1999, they were celebrating winning the championship and we gave them a guard of honour but then won 3 1

2000! We had a ball down there, they were up, dunno I’d they’d been on it all week, but our win left it still possible to go up 2nd. Walsall at home, Johno scores and were in party mode, but Bradford(?) won, so Wembley it was!
Oldham 91’. on 15:15 - May 3 with 425 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oldham 91’. on 15:11 - May 3 by Bluespeed225

2000! We had a ball down there, they were up, dunno I’d they’d been on it all week, but our win left it still possible to go up 2nd. Walsall at home, Johno scores and were in party mode, but Bradford(?) won, so Wembley it was!

City at Blackburn. Blackburn hit the woodwork three times. City won 4-1

Bradford was year before.

Oldham 91’. on 16:56 - May 3 with 361 viewsd77sgw

Oldham 91’. on 15:15 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

City at Blackburn. Blackburn hit the woodwork three times. City won 4-1

Bradford was year before.

Bradford the year before was a lot closer - they had to just equal our result to go up in our place, and were away (QPR maybe?) and we had Sheff Utd at home. We won, but Bradford, despite going a goal behind turned it around to finish above us in automatic. Gutting. Memorable for the Sheff Utd fans (who lets face it we didn't like at the time) taunting us with "Yorkshire, Yorkshire..."
No omens for tomorrow please! (unlikely as Terriers really don't like Leeds!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024