Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? 08:06 - May 3 with 1075 viewsthatbdude

It might be nerves but still

Poll: Who going down?

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:08 - May 3 with 1051 viewsunbelievablue

Only natural but try and put aside all the history and past hurt and focus on all the reasons we WILL do it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:16 - May 3 with 994 viewsyorkshireblue

You can get 18/1 on a Huddersfield/Leeds double if you are really concenred.

(But the best I can see on Leeds getting the autos is 16/1 despite it needing the same results)
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:16 - May 3 with 996 viewsGavTWTD

I did start thinking about the likelihood of Southampton getting anything against Leeds. That is some fixture.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:17 - May 3 with 984 viewsHelp

you have to be the counter to people like me who are super confident that we will get 3 points and are going up.

Cup half full, cup half empty, natural balance in life.
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:22 - May 3 with 939 viewsEuropablue

We 100% can do it, but the question we need to answer is will we?
Being positive will really improve our chances. I really hope that we aren't too nervous. If we score first, we need to make sure that we don't drop off and invite pressure. We need to play the game at 1-0 like it is 0-0.
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:23 - May 3 with 932 viewsBluespeed225

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:16 - May 3 by GavTWTD

I did start thinking about the likelihood of Southampton getting anything against Leeds. That is some fixture.

If we can get ahead, word reaches Yorkshire, Saints could pull something off. Leeds go a goal up, we’re still 0-0 at 75 minutes, nerves on edge, Leeds run up a cricket score. Two nil nils? Us going at it like Exeter, Leeds pitch invasion? All these and more going round in my head for the next 24 hours!!!
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:14 - May 3 with 779 viewsDaninthecampo

I see no scenario where Huddersfield will win and only a very small chance they'll get a point.
The players and crowd are going to be right up for it, start at 1000 mph. If we get an early goal I can see it all being over by HT like Exeter!
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:16 - May 3 with 759 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m confident we can do it, but there’s always a chance we don’t. We all know how unpredictable this league can sometimes be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:18 - May 3 with 754 viewsHerbivore

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 08:16 - May 3 by GavTWTD

Any neutral looking at the weekend's fixtures would have Saints to get a win against Leeds over Huddersfield getting a win against us. I get that everyone is nervous but our home form has been excellent, we've shown we can cope with the pressure of these kinds of games over the last two seasons, and Huddersfield have had a poor season, especially away from home. Really hope the nervy fans park their nerves when they get to PR as the last thing we need is an edgy crowd tomorrow.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:23 - May 3 with 694 viewsJimmyJazz

Southampton's reserve side - players already being rested for the play offs in their last game v Stoke - won't be getting anything at Elland Road

It won't matter because the worst case realistic scenario is we only draw tomorrow

Nervous Nancies be gone

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:25 - May 3 with 679 views_clive_baker_

It's odd to not be confident we CAN do it IMO. I could understand perhaps being nervous we won't do it, as football can be very unpredictable.
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:36 - May 3 with 630 viewstractorboy1978

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:18 - May 3 by Herbivore

Any neutral looking at the weekend's fixtures would have Saints to get a win against Leeds over Huddersfield getting a win against us. I get that everyone is nervous but our home form has been excellent, we've shown we can cope with the pressure of these kinds of games over the last two seasons, and Huddersfield have had a poor season, especially away from home. Really hope the nervy fans park their nerves when they get to PR as the last thing we need is an edgy crowd tomorrow.

Only lost once in our last 38 home games.
[Post edited 3 May 9:36]
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:38 - May 3 with 609 viewstractorboy1978

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:25 - May 3 by _clive_baker_

It's odd to not be confident we CAN do it IMO. I could understand perhaps being nervous we won't do it, as football can be very unpredictable.

You could not hand pick a better fixture to need one point from. I'd argue even Rotherham at home would be less preferential with a wily (and rotund) Steve Evans newly in charge.
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:41 - May 3 with 597 viewsReusersTown

Yeah, either way those two are going to either be looking to build some confidence or not show their hand, is intriguing which way they will go.
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:54 - May 3 with 548 viewsChurchman

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:23 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

Southampton's reserve side - players already being rested for the play offs in their last game v Stoke - won't be getting anything at Elland Road

It won't matter because the worst case realistic scenario is we only draw tomorrow

Nervous Nancies be gone

You are probably right, but Southampton were wretched last week and have been for a few games. They cannot go into the play offs like that and I suspect it’ll not be an easy game for Leeds who themselves are not in the best of form.

I still think Leeds will win. I also hope and believe we will get over the line because:

1. We are getting some form back
2. If we don’t win, we rarely lose
3. Huddersfield’s season is done. Their form since March, abject
4. Our team has been there before. They know what they have to do
5. We are at home and our record at PR is half decent
6. iTFC are a damn good team. The table never lies
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 10:06 - May 3 with 484 viewsGavTWTD

I don't think its fair for you to have a negative score on this one. There is a nagging doubt that we're not over the line yet and things can happen against the run of play. A player could get a red card early in the game for instance or their keeper playing a blinder and we get caught with a counter. The players must not think they just need to turn up. They will need to work hard and I'm sure KMcK and his team will drill in all that.

An early goal or two please so we can enjoy the day.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 10:07 - May 3 with 479 viewsVegtablue

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 09:25 - May 3 by _clive_baker_

Yeah the OP must be muddling up their verbs!

We're playing a relegated team with less than half our points, suffering from squad disunity, who didn't win a game in March, who won once in April, who has won 9 of their 45 league games, and who has only beaten a top half team once, back at the beginning of September.

Meanwhile, we've lost just one league at home, to 90-points Leeds by one goal, in an otherwise unbeaten home run that extends back to 38 games I'm told, and we're unbeaten in our 23 against the bottom half of the table.

Football's too unpredictable to ever be certain, right on, Maidstone I see you! But 16/1 Leeds feels a fair reflection of the task they face to strip this from us Saturday. The team will leave no some unturned, the crowd will be relentless also, and then whatever will be, will be.
Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 10:10 - May 3 with 452 views_clive_baker_

Is it bad that I'm really not confident we can do it? on 10:07 - May 3 by Vegtablue

Yeah the OP must be muddling up their verbs!

We're playing a relegated team with less than half our points, suffering from squad disunity, who didn't win a game in March, who won once in April, who has won 9 of their 45 league games, and who has only beaten a top half team once, back at the beginning of September.

Meanwhile, we've lost just one league at home, to 90-points Leeds by one goal, in an otherwise unbeaten home run that extends back to 38 games I'm told, and we're unbeaten in our 23 against the bottom half of the table.

Football's too unpredictable to ever be certain, right on, Maidstone I see you! But 16/1 Leeds feels a fair reflection of the task they face to strip this from us Saturday. The team will leave no some unturned, the crowd will be relentless also, and then whatever will be, will be.

Yes lets be honest its about as good a fixture as we could've hoped for, but the job still needs doing.

Statistically, based on odds and what not, they're broadly saying if we play this 'game week' 20 times we're probably celebrating at full time 19 of them and crying once. That's not arrogance or complacency, just applying the odds of both us losing and Leeds winning.

Guess its still natural to think of that 5% chance though. As supporters all we need to do is be positive, back the team as we always do and what will be will be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024