Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans 22:20 - Apr 30 with 5110 viewsbritbiker

Had to look into their forums and was surprised that they were quite gracious about us going up.

The Norwich forums however are quite hilarious. Worst team ever to get auto promotion. Rubbish league etc. Says a lot about them if they don't get promotion in a rubbish league.

Hopefully will see them suffer in the play offs.
We haven't gone up on 22:22 - Apr 30 with 4338 viewsDyland

Pride comes before a fall and all that.

One game at a time.

Oh yes.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Leeds fans on 22:23 - Apr 30 with 4219 viewspointofblue

We're not up yet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leeds fans on 22:23 - Apr 30 with 4239 viewsitfc_bucks

Really hope Nodge lose at Wembley.

Think I'll be supporting Hull, assuming we see this through from here.
Leeds fans on 22:23 - Apr 30 with 4207 viewsRadlett_blue

I think the Leeds fans capitulated after the 4-0 defeat at QPR left it in our hands. They now know the game's up but they should at least get to the play off final, which should probably be against Southampton.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leeds fans on 22:26 - Apr 30 with 4088 viewsGeoffSentence

Have we gone up then?

We still need one more result.

Would be peak banter era for us to thow it away now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leeds fans on 22:28 - Apr 30 with 3990 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds fans on 22:26 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

Have we gone up then?

We still need one more result.

Would be peak banter era for us to thow it away now.

No, we haven't, but I can't see us losing at home to an all but relegated Huddersfield. McKenna will have the team properly primed.
[Post edited 30 Apr 22:29]

Leeds fans on 22:29 - Apr 30 with 3927 viewsblueasfook

I had a quick look on wotb. Mass blub fest lol

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Leeds fans on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 3836 viewsGavTWTD

Leeds fans on 22:23 - Apr 30 by Radlett_blue

I think the Leeds fans capitulated after the 4-0 defeat at QPR left it in our hands. They now know the game's up but they should at least get to the play off final, which should probably be against Southampton.

That really was an extraordinary match. What happened to them? Overconfidence? Thought they just needed to turn up for the win? We can't do that on Saturday.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 3829 viewsHighgateBlue

Nice to hear that about Leeds - no fanbase can be universally horrid, and having come down last year, and with 10s of millions of attacking talent, and 90 points ffs you can imagine their frustration.

As for Norwich. Well, we have 93 points and 90 goals. With a game still to go. Do me a favour...

If Naaridge win the playoffs against Southampton, well, that will make next season that bit easier for us, no?
Leeds fans on 22:31 - Apr 30 with 3718 viewsjoepublic

Leeds fans on 22:23 - Apr 30 by itfc_bucks

Really hope Nodge lose at Wembley.

Think I'll be supporting Hull, assuming we see this through from here.

I've been told that Norwich are planning an open top bus for the way into Wembley.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

I predict they're quiet. on 22:31 - Apr 30 with 3676 viewsBuhrer

Nt
Leeds fans on 22:32 - Apr 30 with 3630 viewspointofblue

Leeds fans on 22:28 - Apr 30 by Radlett_blue

No, we haven't, but I can't see us losing at home to an all but relegated Huddersfield. McKenna will have the team properly primed.
[Post edited 30 Apr 22:29]

I think the Huddersfield fans will lynch their players if they dare to beat us.

Leeds fans on 22:34 - Apr 30 with 3570 viewshomer_123

There's a lot of fans digging others out about us 'fading'.

And pointing out that they've imploded!

A lot of genuine 'congrats' as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leeds fans on 22:37 - Apr 30 with 3456 viewsClareBlue

We are not up. Huddersfield are a professional football team and deserve respect. Look at our FA cup game to see what can happen in a football game. Two shots two goals, we have 30 odd shots and lost.
Leeds fans on 22:39 - Apr 30 with 3388 viewsBlueBoots

Leeds fans on 22:30 - Apr 30 by GavTWTD

That really was an extraordinary match. What happened to them? Overconfidence? Thought they just needed to turn up for the win? We can't do that on Saturday.

QPR a completely different beast to the one we played this season, and needed the points to stay up...Leeds were outworked, outfought and outplayed; don't think Leeds were particularly below par, but Loftus Road is a pretty tough away ground when QPR are firing (even when they weren't under Ainsworth at the start of the season, we rode our luck a bit in that game)

Huddersfield squad been dug out publicly by their manager this week for not caring, so I suppose that could go either way this weekend...
[Post edited 30 Apr 22:52]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Leeds fans on 22:47 - Apr 30 with 3068 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can't see McKenna allowing that from our team.

It was interesting when the Sky interviewer asked Luongo about the fact we only need a point from it and would we play for a draw. His response was that we have never been in that position before. However, Moore was very much we have always played to win and will again on Saturday. That has got to be the approach. If we play to win it and slip up a draw will be enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leeds fans on 22:49 - Apr 30 with 3006 viewsblueasfook

Can't even say QPR fluked a win. They bossed the game completely. Can only assume Leeds were complacent yeah. I hope we don't fall into that trap. I don't think we will. We're at home against one of the worst teams in the division. The atmosphere will be mental. Huddersfield will have to play the game of their season to get a result.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Leeds fans on 22:49 - Apr 30 with 2987 viewsRadlett_blue

Leeds fans on 22:37 - Apr 30 by ClareBlue

We are not up. Huddersfield are a professional football team and deserve respect. Look at our FA cup game to see what can happen in a football game. Two shots two goals, we have 30 odd shots and lost.

Although we played a virtual reserve XI against Maidstone, which also sends a message to the team that it isn't an important game.

Leeds fans on 22:50 - Apr 30 with 2972 viewsSmithersJones

QPR are 6th in the form table since 1January. Higher than Hull and Coventry. Level on points with Leicester. They’re a decent team with an excellent manager.
Leeds fans on 22:54 - Apr 30 with 2775 viewspointofblue

Leeds fans on 22:50 - Apr 30 by SmithersJones

QPR are 6th in the form table since 1January. Higher than Hull and Coventry. Level on points with Leicester. They’re a decent team with an excellent manager.

That doesn't excuse 4-0, though. A defeat, maybe, but 4-0?

Leeds fans on 22:55 - Apr 30 with 2749 viewsGavTWTD

Leeds fans on 22:50 - Apr 30 by SmithersJones

Sure, but Leeds are a better side and just didn't show up. 4-0 wasn't flattering either.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Leeds fans on 22:57 - Apr 30 with 2630 viewskeighleyblue

Nothing but praise and well wishes, from what I can see on their forums. Acknowledging they have only themselves to blame yes, but humble in recognizing the scale of our achievement as a 'pure' footballing side with minimal budget.

Proper fans, Leeds imo (apart from the obvious nob ends that all clubs have)
[Post edited 30 Apr 22:59]
Leeds fans on 23:00 - Apr 30 with 2513 viewsVic

Leeds fans on 22:37 - Apr 30 by ClareBlue

True, but hasn’t happened in the league all season. No reason to expect it to on the biggest game for 20 years.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Leeds fans on 23:08 - Apr 30 with 2285 viewstextbackup

Leeds fans on 22:30 - Apr 30 by HighgateBlue

Nice to hear that about Leeds - no fanbase can be universally horrid, and having come down last year, and with 10s of millions of attacking talent, and 90 points ffs you can imagine their frustration.

As for Norwich. Well, we have 93 points and 90 goals. With a game still to go. Do me a favour...

If Naaridge win the playoffs against Southampton, well, that will make next season that bit easier for us, no?

Considering we can’t beat them, I’d say no

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leeds fans on 23:13 - Apr 30 with 2124 viewsbalcombeblue

Leeds fans on 22:29 - Apr 30 by blueasfook

I had a quick look on wotb. Mass blub fest lol

A couple of things......

Worst team ever - 96 points, best xg, low on penalties (we were denied another tonight).

Injuries hit us with Hirst, Burns and others on the way

But most of all, a wage bill a fraction of Leicester and Leeds!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024