Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 22:13 - Apr 30 with 1189 viewsBseaBlue

That was a Magilton-esque performance from him tonight. Unbelievable shift. Gave absolutely everything and played almost as if it would be the last time he ever steps foot on a football pitch.

F.ucking class!
Luongo on 22:26 - Apr 30 with 1108 viewsHighgateBlue

He may be one who struggles to get game time in the Premier League, but yes, what a shift tonight, and it's right to praise the less glamorous work done in the team as well as the silky skills and deft finishes. He's been so so consistent this season and he's usually overshadowed by the diminutive Egyptian whom we love so much when it comes to fans' praises. So yes, here's to Mass! (not that i'm drinking )
Luongo on 22:30 - Apr 30 with 1064 viewsGlasgowBlue

That bloc on the edge of our box and then getting a free kick afterwards was as good as an assist for a goal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Luongo on 22:37 - Apr 30 with 1000 viewsBlueBadger

Luongo on 22:26 - Apr 30 by HighgateBlue

He may be one who struggles to get game time in the Premier League, but yes, what a shift tonight, and it's right to praise the less glamorous work done in the team as well as the silky skills and deft finishes. He's been so so consistent this season and he's usually overshadowed by the diminutive Egyptian whom we love so much when it comes to fans' praises. So yes, here's to Mass! (not that i'm drinking )

This season's Freddie Ladapo innit. The senior player with bags of experience at this level, who may not be up to the next.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luongo on 22:38 - Apr 30 with 986 viewsRobTheMonk

Luongo on 22:30 - Apr 30 by GlasgowBlue

That bloc on the edge of our box and then getting a free kick afterwards was as good as an assist for a goal.

Never has a block made me orgasm before.
Luongo on 23:04 - Apr 30 with 839 viewsDarkBrandon

Luongo on 22:37 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

This season's Freddie Ladapo innit. The senior player with bags of experience at this level, who may not be up to the next.

I think even a Caveated comparison with Ladapo does Massimo a disservice.

He won’t be playing alongside Morsy in the PL though. But he might well play
Luongo on 23:17 - Apr 30 with 717 viewsBondiBlue

Luongo on 23:04 - Apr 30 by DarkBrandon

I think even a Caveated comparison with Ladapo does Massimo a disservice.

He won’t be playing alongside Morsy in the PL though. But he might well play

Won't he?

It's only since he came into the team that we've started on this ridiculous run. It will take a very brave or stupid man to drop him. And mckenna's definitely not stupid.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Luongo on 23:19 - Apr 30 with 695 viewsgainsboroughblue

What I loved was how at least three players went over to him after that.

Absolutely in it together

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Luongo on 23:22 - Apr 30 with 664 viewsmrfixit426

Luongo is the key. When he's on it, we're unplayable. When he's off it, we look vulnerable, particularly in that inside right position (attacking) .
[Post edited 30 Apr 23:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo on 23:24 - Apr 30 with 643 viewsDarkBrandon

Luongo on 23:17 - Apr 30 by BondiBlue

Won't he?

It's only since he came into the team that we've started on this ridiculous run. It will take a very brave or stupid man to drop him. And mckenna's definitely not stupid.

I assume if we go up we will look to buy in some PL experience. We have basically none. Is it just Moore?

So I’m expecting an experienced PL midfielder to join us. Not necessarily 30+, but someone who has spend a season or two there. Possibly from someone being relegated.

I’d expect them to play most of the time, and I worry in the PL that we just haven’t got the mobility in the engine room that we would need.
Luongo on 23:29 - Apr 30 with 602 viewsBondiBlue

Luongo on 23:24 - Apr 30 by DarkBrandon

I assume if we go up we will look to buy in some PL experience. We have basically none. Is it just Moore?

So I’m expecting an experienced PL midfielder to join us. Not necessarily 30+, but someone who has spend a season or two there. Possibly from someone being relegated.

I’d expect them to play most of the time, and I worry in the PL that we just haven’t got the mobility in the engine room that we would need.

You're probably right. We've been pretty ruthless replacing players who have done nothing wrong before.

I'm just using 2000-01 as my frame of reference. Apart from hermann (and titus but he was yoof) it was pretty much the same team from the year before that started thf season. Sometimes it's best to just ride the wave, especially with a team so together as this one.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Luongo on 23:31 - Apr 30 with 572 viewsCrock

Luongo on 23:24 - Apr 30 by DarkBrandon

Tuanzebe also has PL experience

Poll: Favourite number?

Luongo on 23:34 - Apr 30 with 526 viewsNutkins_Return

From where I was Sat I thought it was Morsy!! It made an unbelievable sound that block in the ground! Lovely.
Luongo on 23:36 - Apr 30 with 498 viewsDarkBrandon

Luongo on 23:29 - Apr 30 by BondiBlue

You're probably right. We've been pretty ruthless replacing players who have done nothing wrong before.

I'm just using 2000-01 as my frame of reference. Apart from hermann (and titus but he was yoof) it was pretty much the same team from the year before that started thf season. Sometimes it's best to just ride the wave, especially with a team so together as this one.

There is truth in what you say. The turnover of players has been pretty small. Once we added Broadhead, Hirst and Luongo to our league one side we took off.

I’d also add that the signing of Taylor, for a lot of money, was presumably a sign that McKenna wasn’t expecting both Morsy and Luongo to play as much as they have.

But it has all worked brilliantly (so far). Mass is a great footballer and seems a very decent bloke also.
Luongo on 23:37 - Apr 30 with 479 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Luongo on 22:38 - Apr 30 by RobTheMonk

Never has a block made me orgasm before.

Me either, I’m all about the ladies……

….oh sorry, you said block, not bloke.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Luongo on 23:40 - Apr 30 with 456 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah, I’m not having that. Magic almost single handedly took us into the PO final. That was a once in a generation performance. Mass was ‘just’ very good. If anyone had played like Jim did that night over the last few weeks we’d already be up. It was one of the all time best individual performances of a Town player, ever.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024