Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch 19:54 - Apr 29 with 756 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which of our keepers of years gone by do we reckon would be ok with our playing style and system?

First Town keeper I saw was Cooper in the days of muddy pitches and just punting it up field. Had a good arm on him but don't remember him with the ball at his feet much.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:07 - Apr 29 with 709 viewsITFC_Forever

Richard Wright was always pretty decent with the ball at his feet, as well as being a fantastic goalkeeper.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:17 - Apr 29 with 683 viewsLord_Lucan

Kelvin Davis, Neil Alexandra, Laurie Sivell

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:18 - Apr 29 with 679 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kevin O'Callaghan.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:19 - Apr 29 with 673 viewsMattinLondon

According to Wikipedia Paul Cooper is only 5ft11 - strange to think that if he was just starting out now, most professional clubs would consider him far too short. No way Clive Baker will be a professional keeper now.

It’s hard to ascertain which keeper will be deemed good enough as most didn’t use their feet to the same extent to what’s demanded of them now. I do remember Serini being quite cultured - so maybe him.
Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:21 - Apr 29 with 666 viewsblueislander

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:07 - Apr 29 by ITFC_Forever

Richard Wright was always pretty decent with the ball at his feet, as well as being a fantastic goalkeeper.

The best Town goalkeeper ever Roy Bailey never would have played the way that the current team requires of their goalkeeper. The rules around goalkeepers have changed. considerably over the years.
Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:27 - Apr 29 with 627 viewsDubtractor

Not Craig Forrest or Andy Marshall!

Forrest was a good keeper, but couldn't kick the ball straight. Marshall's kicking was absolutely abysmal.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:35 - Apr 29 with 593 viewshomer_123

Sereni.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:37 - Apr 29 with 584 viewsPhilTWTD

Laurie Sivell thought he'd have done OK in this era when we had him on the podcast.

Login to get fewer ads

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:48 - Apr 29 with 538 viewsMattinLondon

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:37 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Laurie Sivell thought he'd have done OK in this era when we had him on the podcast.

But at 5ft8 there’s no way he would have become a professional keeper nowadays.
Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:55 - Apr 29 with 508 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Paul Cooper was on 'Time of our lives' on Sky, was posted on here recently. That programme was at least 10-12 years old and on that he stated he wouldn't have had a career in the 'modern' game

Craig Forrests kicking was the weakest part of his game.

For all the people having a downer on Hladky, both those keepers had errors in them and I don't think anyone can match him with the ball at his feet who has played for Town. I actually think Walton is as good as anyone apart from him.
Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:57 - Apr 29 with 493 viewsblueislander

Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 20:55 - Apr 29 by burnbudgiesburn

Paul Cooper was on 'Time of our lives' on Sky, was posted on here recently. That programme was at least 10-12 years old and on that he stated he wouldn't have had a career in the 'modern' game

Craig Forrests kicking was the weakest part of his game.

For all the people having a downer on Hladky, both those keepers had errors in them and I don't think anyone can match him with the ball at his feet who has played for Town. I actually think Walton is as good as anyone apart from him.

You are probably right.
Another keeper question and one inspired by Cooper on Life's a pitch on 21:05 - Apr 29 with 459 viewsEatonBlue

Shane Supple
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024