Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. 21:54 - Apr 27 with 5242 viewsNutkins_Return

So frustrating. All the hard work. Everything that has come his way has been flapped to their player. Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I feared he could cost us if we go to playoffs but that is sickening to watch. Come on boys.
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:10]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 21:55 - Apr 27 with 3089 viewsSwailsey

This is very reactive. 1st goal mainly Sam. Second goal his fault.

Keep the faith.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 21:57 - Apr 27 with 3062 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 21:55 - Apr 27 by Swailsey

Keep the faith.

It is. It's frustration coming out but he's been awful unfortunately. Gave tofun an open goal the same way earlier.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:04 - Apr 27 with 2915 viewsVegtablue

First was Morsy, last was Hladky.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:05 - Apr 27 with 2874 viewsmarchy

[Post edited 27 Apr 22:13]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:07 - Apr 27 with 2795 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:04 - Apr 27 by Vegtablue

First was Morsy, last was Hladky.

First and last was Hladky. First was not Hladky alone but it was an atrocious decision to give Morsy the ball there and Morsy should have gone safe with it and given him a big telling to focus.

2nd one was as bad as it gets unfortunately. You either punch it or catch it. It was such a a simple simple catch. Palming it 4 yards back straight into the area is woeful. Woeful. That will be clear in the neutral analysis as it was from the commentary team. So costly. If we go up Hladky takes so much credit for the season. Mistakes happen. But he had made that mistake already tonight and tofun had to score. It's a big big mistake tonight. Doesn't define his or our season but it's costly
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:09 - Apr 27 with 2724 viewsbluejacko

Really when are goalkeepers actually going to catch a bloody football
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:10 - Apr 27 with 2684 viewsVaughan8

Hear we go. Need to.blame someone.

First goal is at least Morsys fault as much as Hladky, if not more.

The last one, OK he pads it out, but let's not all listen to Hinchcliffe. It's hardly a MASSIVE error. It just falls to.their player (who is not marked)
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:11 - Apr 27 with 2612 viewsChurchman

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 21:55 - Apr 27 by Swailsey

Keep the faith.

The first goal was totally down to the keeper. He had all the players in front of him and left Morsy with nowhere to go. Put the ball anywhere but to a player with an opponent on top of him.
Login to get fewer ads

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 with 2574 viewsVegtablue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:07 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

First and last was Hladky. First was not Hladky alone but it was an atrocious decision to give Morsy the ball there and Morsy should have gone safe with it and given him a big telling to focus.

2nd one was as bad as it gets unfortunately. You either punch it or catch it. It was such a a simple simple catch. Palming it 4 yards back straight into the area is woeful. Woeful. That will be clear in the neutral analysis as it was from the commentary team. So costly. If we go up Hladky takes so much credit for the season. Mistakes happen. But he had made that mistake already tonight and tofun had to score. It's a big big mistake tonight. Doesn't define his or our season but it's costly

No the ball was of a comfortable weight for Morsy to sweep it across, but instead he takes a few touches trying to turn his man. More often than not Sam judges it perfectly. The 3rd was obviously a major error from Hladky, sure nobody would dispute that. The second half of your OP is silly IMO but you've been consistent on this throughout the season.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 with 2569 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:07 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Would it have been an atrocious decision to give Morsy the ball if Morsy had first time swept it to his right or left?

45 games and the lack of understanding of how we play is bewildering.

Agree on the 3rd, but you undermine it with the hyperbole around the first.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 with 2549 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:10 - Apr 27 by Vaughan8

Hear we go. Need to.blame someone.

First goal is at least Morsys fault as much as Hladky, if not more.

The last one, OK he pads it out, but let's not all listen to Hinchcliffe. It's hardly a MASSIVE error. It just falls to.their player (who is not marked)

It was woeful. I don't have a need to blame someone. It was woeful. The lads had worked so so hard in that game and for him to do that flap twice in the game (got away with first one). It's just not good enough.

Have to forget it an move on but I'm sorry we have standards now and that wasn't good enough. Players and club get around him and rightly so to support and build confidence. As a fan that is frustrating. I'll calm down. Gutted for the team. Still in a great position. I'll be at Cov and we go again.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:13 - Apr 27 with 2543 viewsblueM3

First rule of goalkeeping. If you parry the ball, push it to the side. Not back into the middle. Far from the first time he’s done it this season.

And the goalkeeper has the best view of the pitch. To play a ball to morsy with an opposition player coming in close and fast is suicidal. Regardless of how good morsy is in a tight situation, it’s asking for trouble
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:13 - Apr 27 with 2499 viewsNthQldITFC

It's a mixed bag isn't it. Hard to know where the right balance is in terms of the generally excellent work with both feet and the slightly too frequent bad choices with the hands. You don't change it now, but needs development or change over the summer. Good lad though, and has done some wonderful work for us.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:14 - Apr 27 with 2442 viewsVaughan8

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

It was woeful. I don't have a need to blame someone. It was woeful. The lads had worked so so hard in that game and for him to do that flap twice in the game (got away with first one). It's just not good enough.

Have to forget it an move on but I'm sorry we have standards now and that wasn't good enough. Players and club get around him and rightly so to support and build confidence. As a fan that is frustrating. I'll calm down. Gutted for the team. Still in a great position. I'll be at Cov and we go again.

Let's be honest, we should have had 4 or 5 goals by then

No threads on how poor the finishing was.

Sarimento could have had a hatrrick
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:14]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:15 - Apr 27 with 2394 viewspointofblue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:14 - Apr 27 by Vaughan8

We shouldn't have to score four a five a game to win them. Three should be enough.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:15 - Apr 27 with 2370 viewsibbleobble

WTF? Talk about an over exaggerated, ridiculous statement. Will Norris, Andy Marshall, Stephen Bywater, there’s been quite a few worse by some distance.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:16 - Apr 27 with 2363 viewsTractorWood

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:14 - Apr 27 by Vaughan8

Hirst scored from a defensive clanger and Omari scored from nothing twice.

We have a Begovic or a Ruddy mold keeper, we win that game. Fact.
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:16]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:16 - Apr 27 with 2353 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:11 - Apr 27 by Churchman

The first goal was totally down to the keeper. He had all the players in front of him and left Morsy with nowhere to go. Put the ball anywhere but to a player with an opponent on top of him.

With some of the takes like this, it's a wonder some understand what we're doing at all.

The ball was fine, risky, but fine. Morsy deals with it properly and we take 3 out of the game and attack.

Wonder how many seasons it will take for some to understand our approach.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:16 - Apr 27 with 2352 viewsVaughan8

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:15 - Apr 27 by pointofblue

We shouldn't have to score four a five a game to win them. Three should be enough.

Yeah ok.thats won the argument.

We still should have had 4 or 5 by then

Really we shouldn't let in any goals so 1 SHOULD be enough.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 with 2298 viewsnoggin

Stop it

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 with 2304 viewsTractorWood

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:16 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

With some of the takes like this, it's a wonder some understand what we're doing at all.

The ball was fine, risky, but fine. Morsy deals with it properly and we take 3 out of the game and attack.

Wonder how many seasons it will take for some to understand our approach.

It's a hospital ball 1-0 away from home. 10 mins to half time.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 with 2285 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 by Vegtablue

No the ball was of a comfortable weight for Morsy to sweep it across, but instead he takes a few touches trying to turn his man. More often than not Sam judges it perfectly. The 3rd was obviously a major error from Hladky, sure nobody would dispute that. The second half of your OP is silly IMO but you've been consistent on this throughout the season.

Watch both again. I agree Morsy could clear it but his only option was back to Hladky pressurized or a blind sweep. Both worse options than Hladky had so it s a very poor position to put Morsy in 2nd mistake is dreadful unfortunately. McKenna reaction says it all. And he had already given Tofun one.

I've given Hladky credit many times and yes I've voiced concerns and criticisms as well. Good with the ball. But he makes some really bad errors. A shame.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 2230 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:13 - Apr 27 by blueM3

First rule of goalkeeping. If you parry the ball, push it to the side. Not back into the middle. Far from the first time he’s done it this season.

And the goalkeeper has the best view of the pitch. To play a ball to morsy with an opposition player coming in close and fast is suicidal. Regardless of how good morsy is in a tight situation, it’s asking for trouble

100%
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:19 - Apr 27 with 2202 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 by TractorWood

It's a hospital ball 1-0 away from home. 10 mins to half time.

It's only deemed a hospital ball because Morsy took a couple of extra touches and wasn't aware enough.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:19 - Apr 27 with 2198 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

Would it have been an atrocious decision to give Morsy the ball if Morsy had first time swept it to his right or left?

45 games and the lack of understanding of how we play is bewildering.

Agree on the 3rd, but you undermine it with the hyperbole around the first.

I've said Morsy is culpable for the first as well. Not laid it all on Hladky. But it was an error. Morsy didn't have a ball on so best case was a blind sweep.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024