Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I started using this message board in 1999 17:07 - Apr 27 with 1799 viewsDeepBlueSea

In that time we’ve had 3 new Phils and 6 new Gavs.

But who can go back further than 1999? It must be a few of you, I seem to remember it being pretty well established (and more polite) even back then in the relatively early days of the internet.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:13 - Apr 27 with 1276 viewsFtnfwest

I bow to your seniority- 2000 for me
I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:15 - Apr 27 with 1271 viewsKeno

I must have started about then or a bit before

Initially on dial up internet

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:17 - Apr 27 with 1264 viewsRyorry

Think it was about same as you, or maybe 1998.

I remember having to add "ry" to the end of my first username Ryor, as Gav deemed that 4-letter usernames should no longer be allowed, can't think why

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:18 - Apr 27 with 1251 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think Facters started in 1878 didn't he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:18 - Apr 27 with 1245 viewsLord_Lucan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:15 - Apr 27 by Keno

Same here, I'm guessing 1998 with the Suffolk Punch background...........

............back in the day when you could simply type any username.

I'm mad me ggggrrrrrrrrr - mad as a box of frogs. Kind regards - WNB

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:20 - Apr 27 with 1241 viewspositivity

i go back to the wild west days when you didn't have to stick to your username, '96 or '97 ish?

a lot's happened since then!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:21 - Apr 27 with 1223 viewsSoCalTownFan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:17 - Apr 27 by Ryorry

Think it was about same as you, or maybe 1998.

I remember having to add "ry" to the end of my first username Ryor, as Gav deemed that 4-letter usernames should no longer be allowed, can't think why

Back in 1998 /1999 I was part of a email based message board that would fly emails off to the whole group, when you sent one to it. We even ended up playing for an Ipswich team in a real tournament of message board supporters groups, somewhere. In those days not many people had email but I was living in Scotland so it was my only way to keep in touch with Town news. I do remember one member had a website called www.sickasaparrot.co.uk
I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:21 - Apr 27 with 1230 viewsbluelagos

I reckon I was around '96. Posted as WilnecoteBlue as that was where I was living. My employer had set up a lunch time internet cafe where we could surf in our lunch hours if we chose to on one of 2 PCs.

My first ever post was something like "I fcking hate Norwich" and I got my first ever 2 pager (or whatever the equivalent was)

Edit: Remember a couple of old names, CheeseBoy of Dudley being one. He was like a young Rommers - someone pinched his flag at an away game and he was proper unhappy about it. It was literally drawn on in Crayon which made his protests a little melodramatic.
[Post edited 27 Apr 17:29]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 1223 viewsgainsboroughblue

It was during the 2000-01 season that I first ventured on here, thanks to starting to date a girl who had a clumpy old computer and dial up.

I wasn't even sure what the internet was at the age of 27/28.

Think I took my first log in and tentative posting steps later in the campaign when we were challenging for a CL place.

Think this would've been the old rivals page?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 1219 viewsLord_Lucan

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:20 - Apr 27 by positivity

i go back to the wild west days when you didn't have to stick to your username, '96 or '97 ish?

a lot's happened since then!

Pretty sure you didn't have to register and keep to your username until around 2002

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:22 - Apr 27 with 1211 viewsRyorry

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:15 - Apr 27 by Keno

Was a 'mare on Local Area Network, got the engaged tone about 90% of the time!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:23 - Apr 27 with 1203 viewsbluefunk

June 1999 for me, a very different board then to say the least.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:24 - Apr 27 with 1192 viewspositivity

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:22 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Pretty sure you didn't have to register and keep to your username until around 2002

my username is the song that was playing on the radio, so it's almost certainly 2002, not a great song to be fair!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:24 - Apr 27 with 1177 viewsChurchman

I am pretty sure I registered with it late 90s after I bought my first home computer and certainly viewed it then as I was working for an internet company at the time - and nobody minded what you looked at (bar the obvious).

I don’t think I posted anything for some years though so I don’t really count!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:24 - Apr 27 with 1185 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:22 - Apr 27 by gainsboroughblue

It was during the 2000-01 season that I first ventured on here, thanks to starting to date a girl who had a clumpy old computer and dial up.

I wasn't even sure what the internet was at the age of 27/28.

Think I took my first log in and tentative posting steps later in the campaign when we were challenging for a CL place.

Think this would've been the old rivals page?

I am still not sure what it is now at a few more years than 28.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:50 - Apr 27 with 1085 viewssolemio

1998 but with a different user name. Blowed if I can remember what it was!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:56 - Apr 27 with 1039 viewsIllinoisblue

I was TopShelfBlue back in early 00s.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:56 - Apr 27 with 1039 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea. I discovered us in 97, but can’t remember if I lurked for a bit or just jumped straight in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:57 - Apr 27 with 1034 viewsKeno

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:50 - Apr 27 by solemio

1998 but with a different user name. Blowed if I can remember what it was!

That’s a good incentive to try to remember

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:59 - Apr 27 with 1011 viewsmellowblue

I think I go back to around 1996 as I can date it to when Brian Horton was Huddersfield manager and we won a crunch playoff contention game and I had to vent about it at the time, well next day at work. The board before the Teams one I think, basic but worked. Thank goodness for work computers, certainly didn't have a home computer at that point.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:05 - Apr 27 with 976 viewstonybied

I started using this message board in 1999 on 17:21 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

I reckon I was around '96. Posted as WilnecoteBlue as that was where I was living. My employer had set up a lunch time internet cafe where we could surf in our lunch hours if we chose to on one of 2 PCs.

My first ever post was something like "I fcking hate Norwich" and I got my first ever 2 pager (or whatever the equivalent was)

Edit: Remember a couple of old names, CheeseBoy of Dudley being one. He was like a young Rommers - someone pinched his flag at an away game and he was proper unhappy about it. It was literally drawn on in Crayon which made his protests a little melodramatic.
[Post edited 27 Apr 17:29]

I live a couple of miles from Wilnecote!
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:06 - Apr 27 with 971 viewsSteve_M

I’ve been online since my first year at uni so 95-96 sometime.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:11 - Apr 27 with 933 viewsbluelagos

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:05 - Apr 27 by tonybied

I live a couple of miles from Wilnecote!

I lived there from 93 to 2001. Used to drink in The Globe mainly - was even a signed up member of the Wilnecote WMC :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:20 - Apr 27 with 897 viewspeterleeblue

1997 I think.
I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:27 - Apr 27 with 860 viewstonybied

I started using this message board in 1999 on 18:11 - Apr 27 by bluelagos

I lived there from 93 to 2001. Used to drink in The Globe mainly - was even a signed up member of the Wilnecote WMC :-)

Been here since 95.

Did you ever walk down the Glascote road wearing a town shirt? I remember seeing someone heading towards town probably in the late 90's donning the sacred shirt but I was young and timid at the time. I would say hello if I saw someone here wearing it kit now but not back then! Apologies, in another reality we're probably buds!

BTW I first started using the site around 1999/2000, it actually cost me my job at around that time. I was working for a data capture company and the guy that ran the IT side of things (who was a massive knob) had a computer that had a modem in his office. I was working overtime on one Saturday and snuck into his office used his computer to check the site. I shut everything down and carried on with my work. Monday comes around and I'm summoned into the owners office and promptly sacked for using the internet without authorisation. I had forgotten to wipe the browsing history and the IT guy dobbed me in, jobsworth!

I don't think I registered until around 2002 and even then I was more of a lurker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024