Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? 12:06 - Apr 27 with 818 viewsrexron

To go & play todays match as any other? Time will show

Its a kind of a cup final, but still an ordinary championship game. Tricky one.

Poll: Who would you prefer as manager for Ipswich Town?

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:16 - Apr 27 with 760 viewsfranz_tyson

It is a Cup Final. We win this and we're 90% there to promotion. It's like Barnsley last year. We have to be totally focused on this game alone. We need to give everything for these 3 points.
Compared to having to win the final game with Huddersfield at Portman Road where we're goalless after 75 minutes and Leeds have just taken second place in the live table and there's disquiet and panic in the stands .... that would require mental strength. Just win it tonight.
Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:18 - Apr 27 with 745 viewsGuthrum

I'm not sure it's mental strength which is needed, so much as making sure we're switched on from the start following a two-week break.

We don't necessarily need to score early, just make sure we do not concede. I know we're very good at winning after being behind in games, but it's added pressure we don't need at a time like this.

Otherwise, our routines and ingrained patterns of play will see us through. The players can concentrate on the detail, not the whole picture. We don't need to push, just play. Less mental strain.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:43 - Apr 27 with 655 viewseireblue

Yes.

Next question.
Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:47 - Apr 27 with 630 viewsJ2BLUE

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:43 - Apr 27 by eireblue

Yes.

Next question.

This.

Not saying we'll win, but if we don't, mentality will not have been the issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:51 - Apr 27 with 597 viewsTheBoyBlue

Hopefully the mental side of things is sorted, it usually is, even if we know that on the odd rare occasion we're not on it.

My main hope is that we've got our shooting boots on. I'm not expecting a huge number of chances, so when get them we need to be more clinical than we have been in recent games.

But then, none of the management and players need me to tell them that! Kieran knows exactly what we need.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:52 - Apr 27 with 593 viewsnrb1985

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:18 - Apr 27 by Guthrum

I'm not sure it's mental strength which is needed, so much as making sure we're switched on from the start following a two-week break.

We don't necessarily need to score early, just make sure we do not concede. I know we're very good at winning after being behind in games, but it's added pressure we don't need at a time like this.

Otherwise, our routines and ingrained patterns of play will see us through. The players can concentrate on the detail, not the whole picture. We don't need to push, just play. Less mental strain.

This.

My only concern for tonight would be that we get blown away in the first 20 mins like Leeds did last night. Hull have a lot of quality up top.

The longer the game goes though you’d have favour us after the break and with a rejuvenated bench.
Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 13:05 - Apr 27 with 521 viewsBABLUE

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:52 - Apr 27 by nrb1985

This.

My only concern for tonight would be that we get blown away in the first 20 mins like Leeds did last night. Hull have a lot of quality up top.

The longer the game goes though you’d have favour us after the break and with a rejuvenated bench.

I think people are also forgetting the other injuries that KMc mentioned at the presser, we may be missing one or two expected starters.
Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 13:21 - Apr 27 with 459 viewsArnieM

Do McKennas boys have the mental strength it takes? on 12:18 - Apr 27 by Guthrum

Defend like QPR did last night and we’re all but there. No silly goals conceded please. Oh, and smash a couple in Chappers !

COYBs
[Post edited 27 Apr 13:21]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024