Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enforced seat moves 11:09 - Apr 27 with 752 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I know I should wait until we're promoted before thinking about this, but where are we going to accommodate an extra 1k away fans before the Cobbold is rebuilt?

Allocating E block is probably only another 300 seats, so not sure where we plan to put the other 700 supporters?!
Enforced seat moves on 11:12 - Apr 27 with 708 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve heard they’re planning to move Hoppy’s block again, as it was quite entertaining last time

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Enforced seat moves on 11:24 - Apr 27 with 652 viewsFreddies_Ears

Chances are, away end will be roughly two-thirds of Cobbold Upper, so that's 100 or so enforced moves. From side-view central to fringes of other stands.

Quick guide to those having to move:

Cobbold lower - exposed to the elements
West Upper - partly restricted view (you can't see the near touchline from most seats) + lots & lots of stairs
South Lower - Cobbold end a bit raucous, tunnel end pretty quiet
South Upper - very, very cold when the wind is from the north
North Upper - for people who wish their aging legs allowed them to stand
North Lower - standing
Enforced seat moves on 11:29 - Apr 27 with 613 viewsGeoffSentence

Presumably blocks S and T

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Enforced seat moves on 11:59 - Apr 27 with 502 viewswithyblue

Enforced seat moves on 11:29 - Apr 27 by GeoffSentence

Presumably blocks S and T

Didn't the club stop giving the lower tier to away fans because those in the boxes can't see when away supporters are stood up? There is no perfect answer as the club aren't going to want to give away block D of the Cobbold to away fans either. The best solution, which I believe Ashton does want to do, is move them into the upper SAR, but we might not have enough time for the necessary planning and logistics for that.

If we do end up giving them two thirds of the upper-cobbold, at least it might be fun having away fans so close to A-block and nearer the North Stand, should mean for better atmospheres.
[Post edited 27 Apr 12:04]
Enforced seat moves on 12:39 - Apr 27 with 387 viewsstonojnr

Enforced seat moves on 11:59 - Apr 27 by withyblue

Didn't the club stop giving the lower tier to away fans because those in the boxes can't see when away supporters are stood up? There is no perfect answer as the club aren't going to want to give away block D of the Cobbold to away fans either. The best solution, which I believe Ashton does want to do, is move them into the upper SAR, but we might not have enough time for the necessary planning and logistics for that.

If we do end up giving them two thirds of the upper-cobbold, at least it might be fun having away fans so close to A-block and nearer the North Stand, should mean for better atmospheres.
[Post edited 27 Apr 12:04]

there have been away fans down there this season, they just dont sell out most games so you get town fans there instead, sometimes a mix of both with stewarding and some seats lost to keeping them separate them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024