Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetically... 10:00 - Apr 27 with 616 viewsZx1988

A traveller from next Saturday teatime knocks on your door this afternoon, and tells you that Town will win two and lose one of the next three.

Would you want the two wins to be against Hull and Coventry, promoting us on Tuesday night and turning Huddersfield into a huge promotion party where the result doesn't matter?

Or would you rather promotion was won at home on the final day; potentially a nervy affair, but with the massive spontaneous outpouring of joy at the final whistle?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Hypothetically... on 10:03 - Apr 27 with 578 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

The latter.

Like I’d choose via the play offs as the most fun and exciting experience ever for winning promotion - but only if you knew you’d definitely win it first!!!

Poll: Is Billm….

Hypothetically... on 10:06 - Apr 27 with 542 viewscarlisleaway

Tough one tonight but I would take 2 away wins hence taking the pressure off and enjoying the Huddersfield game
Hypothetically... on 10:07 - Apr 27 with 533 viewsZx1988

Hypothetically... on 10:06 - Apr 27 by carlisleaway

Tough one tonight but I would take 2 away wins hence taking the pressure off and enjoying the Huddersfield game

That's it.

Tonight is still key. Ideally we need a win tonight to give us 'double match point', which would be so much better than needing results in the final two games.

Hypothetically... on 10:10 - Apr 27 with 501 viewsGuthrum

Points in the bag every time. The less we need going into the final game, the better - preferably nothing.

Tho in your hypothetical scenario, knowing with certainty that we do get promoted whatever, then I suppose a final-day win would be more exciting. But if Hladky had the ball in his hands in the last minute of added time at 0 - 0, I think the game would have to be postponed for the number of medical emergencies in the crowd.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hypothetically... on 10:18 - Apr 27 with 469 viewsMK1

Win tonight, lose at Coventry (selfish, but I won't be there) and then a last minute deflected goal to win the game and promotion against Huddersfield.
I can here those Leeds hearts break from here.
Hypothetically... on 10:25 - Apr 27 with 436 viewsZx1988

Hypothetically... on 10:18 - Apr 27 by MK1

Win tonight, lose at Coventry (selfish, but I won't be there) and then a last minute deflected goal to win the game and promotion against Huddersfield.
I can here those Leeds hearts break from here.

I'll see your last minute deflection, and raise you...

Last-minute penalty at 0-0 in front of the North Stand; 7th minute of five added on. Foul from a corner, the ball went in but the referee had already blown.

"Hirst... Premiership!"

Hypothetically... on 10:26 - Apr 27 with 426 views_clive_baker_

I wouldn’t want to know anything.

Other than the lottery numbers.
Hypothetically... on 10:31 - Apr 27 with 393 viewsJimbobjims

We could win the league at home if we win all 3 and Leicester drop points 90th minute to a deflected goal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024