Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League 11:31 - Apr 26 with 1304 viewsKeno

but not the good kind

https://www.buckiethistlefc.co.uk/news/club-statement--pyramid-playoff-semifinal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c51n2eryj8lo

Also how come the Scots can make a decision that quickly as opposed to the EPL & EFL taking ages

Leicester should have had pointed deducted this season for cheating
Leeds should have had pointed deducted this season for being annoying
Norwich should have has pointed deducted every season for playing in stupid colours and being irrelevant

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 11:45 - Apr 26 with 1226 viewsHelp

Did something similar not happen to a lower league club in England. They did not meet some criteria and qualified for the play offs and have been excluded. I think it was Gateshead
Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:07 - Apr 26 with 1140 viewsgainsboroughblue

The smaller the club, the easier it is to slap them down for any offences and the less column inches it takes up.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:09 - Apr 26 with 1131 viewsKeno

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 11:45 - Apr 26 by Help

Did something similar not happen to a lower league club in England. They did not meet some criteria and qualified for the play offs and have been excluded. I think it was Gateshead

well spotted that man!!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gateshead-fc-national-leagu

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:11 - Apr 26 with 1105 viewsgainsboroughblue

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:09 - Apr 26 by Keno

well spotted that man!!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gateshead-fc-national-leagu

Yep. Halifax jumped into Gateshead's place and promptly went out the other night to Solihull.

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 1018 viewsIllinoisblue

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:11 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

Yep. Halifax jumped into Gateshead's place and promptly went out the other night to Solihull.

Gateshead seemed to have been treated very harshly; wasn’t the standard or quality of their ground but the fact they couldn’t guarantee they’d be there for 10 years got them in trouble. Given how the cheats of Man City and Leicester continue to get away with cheating higher up the pyramid, Gateshead might wonder why they bother

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I think it was even worse than that... on 12:41 - Apr 26 with 987 viewsBloots

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:34 - Apr 26 by Illinoisblue

Gateshead seemed to have been treated very harshly; wasn’t the standard or quality of their ground but the fact they couldn’t guarantee they’d be there for 10 years got them in trouble. Given how the cheats of Man City and Leicester continue to get away with cheating higher up the pyramid, Gateshead might wonder why they bother

...I may be wrong but I think they got the 10 year guarantee during the season, but because it wasn't in place at the start of the season they can't be promoted.

It's bleedin' ridiculous innit!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I think it was even worse than that... on 13:14 - Apr 26 with 880 viewsIllinoisblue

I think it was even worse than that... on 12:41 - Apr 26 by Bloots

...I may be wrong but I think they got the 10 year guarantee during the season, but because it wasn't in place at the start of the season they can't be promoted.

That is absolute madness.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 13:28 - Apr 26 with 832 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:11 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

Not quite...

Halifax qualified for play-offs by finishing seventh. They lost to Solihull who finished 4th.

Gateshead (6th) would have played Altrincham (5th) but dropped out so Altrincham received a bye into the semi-final.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 13:52 - Apr 26 with 728 viewsgainsboroughblue

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 13:28 - Apr 26 by Tangledupin_Blue

Not quite...

Halifax qualified for play-offs by finishing seventh. They lost to Solihull who finished 4th.

Gateshead (6th) would have played Altrincham (5th) but dropped out so Altrincham received a bye into the semi-final.

Ah. Thanks for that clarity. I made a bit of an assumption.

I think it was even worse than that... on 14:03 - Apr 26 with 699 viewsKievthegreat

I think it was even worse than that... on 12:41 - Apr 26 by Bloots

Based on the National League's statement (who seem to have fought in Gateshead's corner against the EFL), they needed the guarantee by 1st March this year which they didn't get. They got something from the council on the 28th March, but according to the EFL this wasn't good enough. It was also nearly a month late by that point.

Issue seems to have been that the council weren't willing to commit to letting the club play there for 10 years and dragged their heels beyond the 11th hour. (I wonder if they want to sell it for housing....)

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-statement-gateshead-footbal
[Post edited 26 Apr 14:03]
I think it was even worse than that... on 16:51 - Apr 26 with 497 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think it was even worse than that... on 14:03 - Apr 26 by Kievthegreat

Based on the National League's statement (who seem to have fought in Gateshead's corner against the EFL), they needed the guarantee by 1st March this year which they didn't get. They got something from the council on the 28th March, but according to the EFL this wasn't good enough. It was also nearly a month late by that point.

Issue seems to have been that the council weren't willing to commit to letting the club play there for 10 years and dragged their heels beyond the 11th hour. (I wonder if they want to sell it for housing....)

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-statement-gateshead-footbal
[Post edited 26 Apr 14:03]

The grim consequence of council cuts by the looks of it. I feel for Gateshead and their fans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 19:25 - Apr 26 with 304 viewsEastTownBlue

Drama in the lower reaches of the Scottish League on 12:07 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

The smaller the club, the easier it is to slap them down for any offences and the less column inches it takes up.

That and they don't have expensive lawyers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024