Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? 08:49 - Apr 26 with 1842 viewsEuropablue

Luton are probably coming down and Burnley will probably be pretty decent. Then Portsmouth may be around the playoffs, and if Sheffield Wednesday stay up, they could do well along with QPR.
You'd expect Coventry and Middlesbrough to be better next season as well as Hull.
Bottom line, we need to get it done this year!
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 08:52 - Apr 26 with 1804 viewsgainsboroughblue

I can see any promoted teams from league one struggling. The cream from league one well and truly rose to the top last year and made for a much poorer level.

Sheff U will be a basket case, Burnley may lose a few as well as Kompany. Luton will probably be ok on the grounds that their model is probably the more fluid for playing at both levels. In saying that, it could be Forest.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 08:57 - Apr 26 with 1745 viewsChurchman

I think it’ll be marginally easier. But that will depend if the clubs coming down bother with the rules. If I were them, I’d follow Leicester’s lead and completely ignore them. Sign a boat load of players and go for it. The EFL has shown itself to be a crowd of useless bankers with a silent w and the PL don’t care.

Wednesday and QPR? They’ve a lot of improving to do! The others? Who knows. Why would M’boro be stronger? They weren’t this year. Coventry - with Robins possibly.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:19 - Apr 26 with 1660 viewsgainsboroughblue

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 08:57 - Apr 26 by Churchman

I think it’ll be marginally easier. But that will depend if the clubs coming down bother with the rules. If I were them, I’d follow Leicester’s lead and completely ignore them. Sign a boat load of players and go for it. The EFL has shown itself to be a crowd of useless bankers with a silent w and the PL don’t care.

Wednesday and QPR? They’ve a lot of improving to do! The others? Who knows. Why would M’boro be stronger? They weren’t this year. Coventry - with Robins possibly.

Well yeah. The rules aren't rules. It's a pile of crap. Even if I wasn't a Town fan, I'd be absolutely loving it if we went up, even more so than the Luton story last year.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:23 - Apr 26 with 1639 viewsusm

It won't be harder than this year.
Cant see the relegated teams being stronger than Leics, Leeds and Soton.
Will Pompey, Derby and AN Other be stronger than ITFC, Plymouth and Weds? Probably not.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:26 - Apr 26 with 1615 viewsnodge_blue

I think it will be easier relatively.

I don't think any of these relegated sides will have the squads that Leicester, Leeds and Southampton had.

HI don't think we will get as many points next year, but I also think the bar will be lower.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:42 - Apr 26 with 1536 viewsReus30

The division next season won't be as top heavy (i.e. 90 points +) because Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd aren't as strong as those going up.

However, Coventry, West Brom, Sunderland, Watford, Boro, Stoke, Nodge will all be a lot stronger next time around whereas if we stayed in this division, we could lose our manager and some of our star talent.

I am concerned we need to get this done now.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:43 - Apr 26 with 1527 viewsEuropablue

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 08:57 - Apr 26 by Churchman

Coventry and Middlesborough both had slow starts because there were some big changes in their teams and both have good managers and will be very attractive to new recruits. They could be challenging.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:46 - Apr 26 with 1505 viewsEuropablue

QPR and Wednesday have great managers. I'm not sure about the players, but with some good recruitment I could see both teams flirting with the playoffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 1501 viewsMookamoo

It will make a huge difference if Forest come down instead of Luton

Nobody really expected Leicester to drop down, but I wouldn't say their squad was particularly better than Leeds or Southampton.

Sheff Utd look bust. You would imagine it will take a little time for them to get back up to speed.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 1491 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be easier without us in it I'd say.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:51 - Apr 26 with 1480 viewsrodney76

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:42 - Apr 26 by Reus30

The division next season won't be as top heavy (i.e. 90 points +) because Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd aren't as strong as those going up.

However, Coventry, West Brom, Sunderland, Watford, Boro, Stoke, Nodge will all be a lot stronger next time around whereas if we stayed in this division, we could lose our manager and some of our star talent.

Of course we do.

We must also be realistic and accept that the PL will be tough, that we may well get relegated after just one season and that McKenna has an equal chance of being lured away wherever we are placed.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:52 - Apr 26 with 1476 viewstractorshark

Undoubtedly it will be easier next season in terms of opposition. Leeds, Leicester and Southampton are huge clubs for the Championship and, in all honesty, we shouldn’t be anywhere near them.

Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley are not on the same page regardless of what happens to their squads.

But the Championship is so unpredictable and will McKenna stay?
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:52 - Apr 26 with 1475 viewsEuropablue

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:42 - Apr 26 by Reus30

I definitely think we need to get this done now because a lot of our wins have been from very fine margins. A slight drop off in form would have us around Norwich's level.
I also think that the entire league will be more competitive with lower points totals from the top two. It feels like there were some odd choices for managers and the new ones that have come in look so much better than the ones before. The best examples are Wednesday and QPR, but Watford look harder to beat, Millwall are much improved and maybe Bristol City will get better. The worst risk is losing the manager, but I think we also have some issues in the team coming up especially because the loan players are integral to us and you can't imagine any of them will be back next year in the Championship.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:59 - Apr 26 with 1436 viewsEuropablue

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:51 - Apr 26 by rodney76

Of course we do.

We must also be realistic and accept that the PL will be tough, that we may well get relegated after just one season and that McKenna has an equal chance of being lured away wherever we are placed.

If we do go up, the better we do, the narrower the options become for KM to make an upwards move. Already, Crystal Palace were not enough of a lure for him. The Liverpool vacancy looks like it will be filled by another one syllable continental manager. I don't know if Man Utd. would be smart enough to go in for KM, or if he needs to continue with us.
He's very unlikely to get a chance at a club like we gave him where we weren't in a relegation battle, we had decent players and the club was moving in a positive direction behind the scenes even if we were stuttering on the pitch.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 10:07 - Apr 26 with 1396 viewsGeoffSentence

Nodge definitely run out of parachute payments this year I think WBA and Watford too.

No reason to think any of them will be stronger next year than this.

overall the financial imbalance will be less this year as, assuming its Blades, Burnley and Luton coming down, the relegated teams will only half 2 years of parachute to look forward to, and three other clubs will have run out of PPs entirely.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 13:00 - Apr 26 with 1179 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes it will be even easier. None of the teams coming down are any good and they will all be asset—stripped of what little they have.

Sheff U may even go straight through to division 3 depending on how their financial woes are assessed

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 13:06 - Apr 26 with 1161 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Easier wouldn't be the word I'd use because it will never be easy. I think that the division will be significantly weaker because the 3 sides that come down won't be a patch on the 3 that came down this year. But I would expect the division to be more competitive as there will be plenty of clubs that will fancy their chances

Poll: Our final position

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 13:58 - Apr 26 with 1015 viewsmutters

It will depend on what our side and manager will look like. If we lose key people, then it could be an easier league but hard for us.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 14:04 - Apr 26 with 981 viewsJ2BLUE

It won't take as many points but there will be a lot of sides making good progress.

Bristol City seem to be a good example. Hit and miss at the moment but seem to be getting better. Sunderland are unlikely to be this bad again. West Brom, Watford, Boro all likely to be stronger.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 14:40 - Apr 26 with 887 viewslowhouseblue

i'm hoping to take as little interest in the championship next season as i have in league one this season. i couldn't even name the top 3 in league one now.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 14:46 - Apr 26 with 845 viewsVegtablue

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:52 - Apr 26 by tractorshark

Undoubtedly it will be easier next season in terms of opposition. Leeds, Leicester and Southampton are huge clubs for the Championship and, in all honesty, we shouldn’t be anywhere near them.

Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley are not on the same page regardless of what happens to their squads.

But the Championship is so unpredictable and will McKenna stay?

Do you mean huge squads? Gut tells me that's what you mean, as I haven't heard Leicester or Southampton be described as huge before in respect to club size. They're crying out for a couple of years in the Championship without parachute payments to look normal again.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 16:04 - Apr 26 with 675 viewsmikeybloo88

Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 09:59 - Apr 26 by Europablue

If we do go up, the better we do, the narrower the options become for KM to make an upwards move. Already, Crystal Palace were not enough of a lure for him. The Liverpool vacancy looks like it will be filled by another one syllable continental manager. I don't know if Man Utd. would be smart enough to go in for KM, or if he needs to continue with us.
He's very unlikely to get a chance at a club like we gave him where we weren't in a relegation battle, we had decent players and the club was moving in a positive direction behind the scenes even if we were stuttering on the pitch.

If we go up McKenna will stay. If we don’t go up he might stay another year but if he doesn’t I think West Ham will be where he goes
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 17:40 - Apr 26 with 507 viewsMK1

The season after next will be almost impossible with Chelsea and Man City in there. Add to that Liverpool after we relegate them on the last day of the season at Anfield.
Will it get any easier next season in the Championship? on 19:17 - Apr 26 with 373 viewsSufferingCovFan

Yes.

Going up: 3 EPL quality squads at clubs who have only had to sell a few players and kept their core. And/or yourselves.

Coming down:

Sheff Utd haven't spent much and haven't strengthened their squad that much from their previous Championship campaign, from what I can see. Brereton Diaz on loan and Hamer from us for £15m.

Luton are a plucky side. They haven't spent much but Edwards has got them playing for the team. They've only been held back by an injury list that would compare with Arsenal or Liverpools.

And Burnley. I have seen nothing that says they are any better than their last time in the Championship. They went up with Tella, Azoury and other stars who have now gone back to their owning clubs or been sold.

That instantly will reduce the pressure on other clubs to achieve against the flow.

Coming up from L1:
Portsmouth and Derby are making a big noise about coming up. But aside from yourselves, look how the other promoted teams from last season have coped. Like Champ to EPL have a major level gap, same with L1 to Champ. They can do well down there but Champ is more competitive.

L1 Playoffs are a lottery so it would be hard to say if any of them would have a chance of challenging, having a boring year or struggling.

Forget Wednesday and QPR. The Sheffield lot are hamstrung by finances, fans dissatisfaction with every manager appointment and a terrible owner. And QPR never seem to get about half way. Good manager but that's all I'd say.

Middlesboro will be a tough challenger. They've bought well this season, few loans and will improve. And Norwich and WBA will likely keep their squads and improve. Hull and ourselves are unfinished business. But we'll both be around there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024