Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football quiz ⚽ 22:46 - Apr 25 with 920 viewsMiaow

Another quiz if anybody fancies typing out the names of numerous football clubs...

Every English Third-Tier Football Club Since 1992

With it being almost a year since we gained promotion from League One, a division we hopefully will not be visiting for a very long time, how many of the teams to play in the third tier since 1992 can you name? (I used 1992 as the cut-off point as I had done so in a previous quiz in this format on the second tier and, of course, that is when football began...)

There have been lots of different clubs in the Second Division/League One over that time, from some big names of the English game to relative minnows that have not played higher than that level.

I have added a 20-minute time limit if anyone fancies having a go — you may find that this is more than enough, but do let me know if it isn't. The answers are listed alphabetically and there are 92 to try and get. You can pause the quiz if you need to for whatever reason — to do this on mobile, tap the "+" icon and then the blue "Pause" button. The website lets you do this up to three times.

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/every-english-third-tier-football-c

Thanks for having a look.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football quiz ⚽ on 23:10 - Apr 25 with 843 viewssohamblue74

Great quiz thanks.
86 from 92 for me.
Should have got the other 6!
Football quiz ⚽ on 23:10 - Apr 25 with 841 viewsStenvict

90/92

Poll: What will be announced first?

Football quiz ⚽ on 23:26 - Apr 25 with 821 viewsParisBlue

92/92 in 13:54

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Football quiz ⚽ on 00:28 - Apr 26 with 769 viewsgainsboroughblue

I got 91.

Spent 7 minutes trying to work out who the hell I'd missed. They were dissolved over a decade ago and didn't actually realise they got that high in the pyramid.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football quiz ⚽ on 08:44 - Apr 26 with 597 viewsNthQldITFC

A pathetic 66 for me, by everybody else's standards.

Started off alphabetically, and didn't leave much time to go geographically at the end which yielded quite a few more.

I don't look at any maps or lists or old tables or anything at all in fact, to jolt my memory for these quizzes - does everybody else do so, or am I just an idiot? (I do realise that the two are not mutually exclusive!)
[Post edited 26 Apr 8:48]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Football quiz ⚽ on 08:48 - Apr 26 with 588 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football quiz ⚽ on 08:44 - Apr 26 by NthQldITFC

Started off alphabetically, and didn't leave much time to go geographically at the end which yielded quite a few more.

I don't look at any maps or lists or old tables or anything at all in fact, to jolt my memory for these quizzes - does everybody else do so, or am I just an idiot? (I do realise that the two are not mutually exclusive!)

I stormed through by naming the current 24, then last seasons promoted 3 and relegated 4.

Then I thought of the 'fallen giants' that have found themselves there and then the 'punching above their weighters' who rose up only to go down again.

92 is a crazy amount of teams to try and think of when you consider that there are loads of clubs who haven't dipped that far from the top 2 leagues in 30 odd years so I was quite proud of my effort.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football quiz ⚽ on 13:45 - Apr 26 with 497 viewsMiaow

Football quiz ⚽ on 00:28 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

I got 91.

Spent 7 minutes trying to work out who the hell I'd missed. They were dissolved over a decade ago and didn't actually realise they got that high in the pyramid.

Thanks very much to all for the attempts on this. I didn’t expect so many as I thought it could be a bit of a slog to try and get through all the answers.

I’m not surprised that the least-guessed team is at the bottom of the list — there’s actually quite a drop-off from the team above on 50% to them on 29%. gainsboroughblue, I think they must have been the club you are referring to. They only spent one season in the third tier in 2003–04 in its final year before it became known as League One and they had only five seasons in the Football League in total. The phoenix club is currently in the Northern Premier League Division One Midlands and tomorrow is the final day of their season — they are the wrong side of the relegation line, but level on points (with an identical league record) with the team above them, being worse off by only two goals.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football quiz ⚽ on 14:40 - Apr 26 with 466 viewsDennyx4

Football quiz ⚽ on 08:44 - Apr 26 by NthQldITFC

I got 87, I try to do it geographically, then look at the alphabet list, but missed one of the current 24!
Login to get fewer ads

Football quiz ⚽ on 15:10 - Apr 26 with 436 viewsTractorCam

85/92, missed a couple of corkers.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Football quiz ⚽ on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 422 viewsMK1

A pathetic 81 from me. Forgot about those that went on to better things. If we do this quiz again in 15 years time, hopeful everybody will forget about us.
Football quiz ⚽ on 19:06 - Apr 26 with 339 viewsPlums

Thought I was going to be well ahead of time but ended up on 89/92. Really good stretch, thank you!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football quiz ⚽ on 07:42 - Apr 27 with 252 viewsPendejo

Should have been all 92 really
Missed a sizeable urban area close to M1 on South Yorkshire with two huge clubs and HIllary's domiciled town

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024