Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scenario 8293 19:11 - Apr 25 with 2953 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If Leeds lose tomorrow, would we take a draw at Hull?

Would mean we’d need (maximum) just a draw and a win from the last 2 games. With Hull probably the hardest of the three games left, a draw there if Leeds have been beaten would put us level on points but with a worse GD to Leeds but with that Coventry game in hand. Another point there and go to Portman Road next week needing to beat Huddersfield to guarantee a place in the Premier League.

It just starts with the, ‘would we take a point at Hull if Leeds have lost’, question?

In theory, I think I’d take that.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Scenario 8293 on 19:13 - Apr 25 with 2535 viewsHerbivore

One game at a time, aim to win every game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 19:17 - Apr 25 with 2516 viewsBloots

....Leeds will put QPR to the sword tomorrow.

I can see a 3 or 4 goal victory.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Scenario 8293 on 19:20 - Apr 25 with 2506 viewsblueasfook

Nah, we've b*ggered about enough last few games. We need to finish strongly and earn our promotion. If we go out and win remaining games, nobody can say we don't deserve to go up.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Scenario 8293 on 19:22 - Apr 25 with 2491 viewsGuthrum

But if, on the other hand, they lose and we win, it puts us ahead of the game.

The point is moot, really, as I can't see McKenna or this team ever setting up for a draw. It's simply not the way we play. Neither, really, are we defensively good enough for it. More likely to end up with disaster than sticking to the tried-and-tested formula.

Doubly so if Burns is available (allowing us to use Hutchinson most effectively).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Scenario 8293 on 19:48 - Apr 25 with 2404 viewsHighgateBlue

Are you asking whether,

(i) in a hypothetical world in which fans are offered a result by the universe or a god like figure, we would take a point at Hull if Leeds have lost; or
(ii) the team should set themselves up for, and tactically play for, a draw, against Hull, on the premise that Leeds have just lost?

I think you're asking (i), in which case I may well be tempted to take that point. If you're asking (ii) (which I really don't think you are), I would say absolutely not. The team never sets up in that way and I don't think it would be conducive to them getting the best result they can. It may risk the loss.

If the premise is that Leeds have not yet played, and neither have we, would I in that situation take a Leeds loss and a Town draw, the answer is absolutely yes i would. Because at present we can't be sure that 7 points (from 3 games) would see us promoted. Whereas following those results we would be sure that 4 points (from 2 games) would take us up. So on that premise I think it's a no brainer. We want to win every game, but any result on Saturday that betters Leeds' result on Friday would do me just fine.
Scenario 8293 on 19:51 - Apr 25 with 2383 viewstextbackup

I’ve had my ‘well win’ hat on all week, I’m now wearing my ‘well get a draw’ hat on…
Which is now making me think us and Leeds will finish on 96 points, and we miss out on GD.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 19:52 - Apr 25 with 2374 viewstextbackup

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 19:17 - Apr 25 by Bloots

Same. Although up until you posted that I thought a draw.

Dont really even know who I am anymore

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scenario 8293 on 19:53 - Apr 25 with 2370 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, I would take it. Matching or bettering their result is all we need to do. However, they did win the one we now have in hand. Of course a win would be better regardless. Currently we can still catch Leicester if we keep winning and they don't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Scenario 8293 on 19:55 - Apr 25 with 2349 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Scenario 8293 on 19:48 - Apr 25 by HighgateBlue

Are you asking whether,

(i) in a hypothetical world in which fans are offered a result by the universe or a god like figure, we would take a point at Hull if Leeds have lost; or
(ii) the team should set themselves up for, and tactically play for, a draw, against Hull, on the premise that Leeds have just lost?

I think you're asking (i), in which case I may well be tempted to take that point. If you're asking (ii) (which I really don't think you are), I would say absolutely not. The team never sets up in that way and I don't think it would be conducive to them getting the best result they can. It may risk the loss.

If the premise is that Leeds have not yet played, and neither have we, would I in that situation take a Leeds loss and a Town draw, the answer is absolutely yes i would. Because at present we can't be sure that 7 points (from 3 games) would see us promoted. Whereas following those results we would be sure that 4 points (from 2 games) would take us up. So on that premise I think it's a no brainer. We want to win every game, but any result on Saturday that betters Leeds' result on Friday would do me just fine.

I think that covers it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Scenario 8293 on 19:56 - Apr 25 with 2331 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Scenario 8293 on 19:53 - Apr 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, I would take it. Matching or bettering their result is all we need to do. However, they did win the one we now have in hand. Of course a win would be better regardless. Currently we can still catch Leicester if we keep winning and they don't.

Come on Brighton.

Scenario 8293 on 20:53 - Apr 25 with 2174 viewsGarv

I definitely wouldn't.

Leeds lose, imagine what a win for us does 24 hours later? We're capable, why accept just a point?

Bear in mind, it's no given that we beat Huddersfield.
[Post edited 25 Apr 21:44]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Scenario 8293 on 21:08 - Apr 25 with 2119 viewsWestSussexBlue

So let’s say hypothetically we get the draw at Hull, then Coventry, in what is their final home game of the season turn it on and go for it, running out 2-1 winners.
Not a problem as surely we’ll beat relegation threatened Huddersfield in our final home game.
Unfortunately Huddersfield know that playing the low block and defending for their lives is enough and sure enough they hold us at bay for a 0-0 draw and take the point they need to stay up.
There’s no guarantee’s in this game, We have to go for 3 Wins.
Scenario 8293 on 21:18 - Apr 25 with 2080 viewsbackwaywhen

My scenario….Win ….Win …..Win let’s show the rest we’ve meant business all season In McKenna we trust .
In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 22:25 - Apr 25 with 1902 viewsN2_Blue

I think you might be surprised...

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 22:28 - Apr 25 with 1889 viewsPlums

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 22:25 - Apr 25 by N2_Blue

I think you might be surprised...

Loftus Road will be a cauldron. It will be far from easy for them.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Scenario 8293 on 22:30 - Apr 25 with 1883 views_clive_baker_

I’d snap your arm off if you offered me a Leeds defeat and town draw this weekend.

I wouldn’t take a draw at 19:59 on Saturday if Leeds have lost though. I’d roll the dice in search of a win, with the comfort that we’ve got another shot at Coventry if we don’t.

But that would be a good weekend if both those results happened.
Scenario 8293 on 23:07 - Apr 25 with 1768 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

I know there are a few permutations but it staggers me how some people are reading the situation.

If Leeds lose and that is a big if then a draw vs Hull is absolutely no better than a lose vs Hull. We’d still need to beat Coventry.

It is a clear 2 horse race so if Leeds win vs QPR and we win vs Hull that’s no different to us both losing. Therefore if we both lose our next game we are much more likely to finish 2nd than the likelihood right now. In fact some might say both losing is better than both winning if it means more chance Norwich are caught. Leeds also have the easier game so matching their result is huge whether that’s both winning or both losing.

The math is quite simple but some choose not to look at that way.
Scenario 8293 on 00:50 - Apr 26 with 1604 viewsVegtablue

Scenario 8293 on 23:07 - Apr 25 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

I know there are a few permutations but it staggers me how some people are reading the situation.

If Leeds lose and that is a big if then a draw vs Hull is absolutely no better than a lose vs Hull. We’d still need to beat Coventry.

It is a clear 2 horse race so if Leeds win vs QPR and we win vs Hull that’s no different to us both losing. Therefore if we both lose our next game we are much more likely to finish 2nd than the likelihood right now. In fact some might say both losing is better than both winning if it means more chance Norwich are caught. Leeds also have the easier game so matching their result is huge whether that’s both winning or both losing.

Suggest revisiting your maths!

Both lose and we must beat Coventry to retake the lead.

Leeds lose, we draw, and suddenly a draw with Coventry becomes enough. We'd jump to 2nd in the live table at KO, how nice that would feel after the iffy results of past week.
Scenario 8293 on 01:17 - Apr 26 with 1579 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Scenario 8293 on 23:07 - Apr 25 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

‘If Leeds lose and that is a big if then a draw vs Hull is absolutely no better than a lose vs Hull. We’d still need to beat Coventry’. You’ve had a stinker.

‘The math is quite simple’. I agree.

You’ve had an absolute mare here. A draw for us and a Leeds loss means we need to draw at Coventry to have it in our hands against Huddersfield. Whereas both us and Leeds losing means we need to win against Coventry to have it in our hands against Huddersfield.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 02:14 - Apr 26 with 1533 viewscharlie1

I agree.
Big game monsters showing their teeth this week.

Arsenal scored 5, Man City 4 away from home, Leicester 5, Leeds 4 away from home.

We need to do the same. No tactical draws, go out and win every game to get the job done.

We did it last year, we can do it again.
In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 07:24 - Apr 26 with 1325 viewsHerbivore

In theory yes, but I fear that.... on 02:14 - Apr 26 by charlie1

I agree.
Big game monsters showing their teeth this week.

Arsenal scored 5, Man City 4 away from home, Leicester 5, Leeds 4 away from home.

We need to do the same. No tactical draws, go out and win every game to get the job done.

We did it last year, we can do it again.

Leeds didn't look anything like a big game monster on Monday. They relied on an offside goal and some horrific Boro defending and profligate finishing to get a result. They were clinging on at the end.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scenario 8293 on 08:05 - Apr 26 with 1240 viewsNthQldITFC

Scenario 8293 on 19:51 - Apr 25 by textbackup

I’ve had my ‘well win’ hat on all week, I’m now wearing my ‘well get a draw’ hat on…
Which is now making me think us and Leeds will finish on 96 points, and we miss out on GD.

You need to patronise a better milliner! My "we'll get a draw hat" indeed! They went out in the 2021-22 season.
[Post edited 26 Apr 8:06]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Scenario 8293 on 09:29 - Apr 26 with 1137 viewsBiGDonnie

I'll take any dropped points for Leeds tonight.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Scenario 8293 on 09:35 - Apr 26 with 1103 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Scenario 8293 on 01:17 - Apr 26 by The_Romford_Blue

‘If Leeds lose and that is a big if then a draw vs Hull is absolutely no better than a lose vs Hull. We’d still need to beat Coventry’. You’ve had a stinker.

‘The math is quite simple’. I agree.

You’ve had an absolute mare here. A draw for us and a Leeds loss means we need to draw at Coventry to have it in our hands against Huddersfield. Whereas both us and Leeds losing means we need to win against Coventry to have it in our hands against Huddersfield.

Scenario 8294 deserves its own thread.

Scenario 8293 on 11:16 - Apr 26 with 987 viewsLord_Lucan

I would be happy if we both lost

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024