Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp 11:54 - Apr 25 with 4119 viewsportmanking

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24277435.coventry-boss-makes-youngst

Beat Hull and this is really happening. COYFBs.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 11:58 - Apr 25 with 4030 viewsSufferingCovFan

Lost to Hull, picked up further injuries during the game.

We need to complete the fixtures so we'll put out the strongest team we have. But we still have 3 games in 8 days. And our squad is not the biggest.

Mark Robins doesn't oversell our problems. If we're that thin on the ground, it's real.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:06 - Apr 25 with 3916 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 11:58 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

We need to complete the fixtures so we'll put out the strongest team we have. But we still have 3 games in 8 days. And our squad is not the biggest.

Mark Robins doesn't oversell our problems. If we're that thin on the ground, it's real.

Robins doesn’t get mentioned when vacancies crop up which surprises me. Or maybe he does and I’ve missed it, do you fear losing him?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:47 - Apr 25 with 3594 viewsSufferingCovFan

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:06 - Apr 25 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Robins doesn’t get mentioned when vacancies crop up which surprises me. Or maybe he does and I’ve missed it, do you fear losing him?

You are correct, he doesn't get mentioned.

Last 7 years, only one approach has been reported.

Sunderland wanted him. He declined.

Think he knows where the grass is greener.

He first came to us in 2012. Stayed 6 months then went off to Huddersfield. Then Rotherham. Had a terrible time at both. Came back to us in 2017 just as we were dropping into L2. 1 season in that league and 2 Wembley trips in 12 months. Now 4 Wembley trips in 7 years.
He and the club haven't looked back since. We've never known anything like the success he's brought here.

Funny story... last season, we got a new owner in December.

He set out his intentions to Robins that he wanted 3 Playoffs in 5 years if we didn't get promoted beforehand. Robins achieved. Season 1, Playoffs. This season, almost.

This season, owner says "I want a cup run". Robins gets us to the semi-final.

To be blunt, I'm dreading if Doug King, the owner, says next season "I want us playing in Europe". I think Robins would walk away, laughing.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:56 - Apr 25 with 3460 viewsIllinoisblue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:47 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

He first came to us in 2012. Stayed 6 months then went off to Huddersfield. Then Rotherham. Had a terrible time at both. Came back to us in 2017 just as we were dropping into L2. 1 season in that league and 2 Wembley trips in 12 months. Now 4 Wembley trips in 7 years.
He and the club haven't looked back since. We've never known anything like the success he's brought here.

He set out his intentions to Robins that he wanted 3 Playoffs in 5 years if we didn't get promoted beforehand. Robins achieved. Season 1, Playoffs. This season, almost.

To be blunt, I'm dreading if Doug King, the owner, says next season "I want us playing in Europe". I think Robins would walk away, laughing.

Robins has been brilliant and it’s great to see a proper club like Cov back in its feet (and then some) after all your ground issues. I’ve often feared Norwich would swoop in for Robins but I hope he stays with you. A disgrace you were cheated out of a cup final.

Ps. Let us beat you next week please

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 3371 viewsRozz

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 11:58 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

Hmm. While it might be true, I'd be cautious as an Ipswich fan taking too much comfort in a manager covering a couple of shambolic mistakes in such a big game. There's an element of deflection here for sure.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 3361 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:47 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

Robins has been the most underrated EFL manager for a long while.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:05 - Apr 25 with 3326 viewsSufferingCovFan

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 12:56 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

Robins has been brilliant and it’s great to see a proper club like Cov back in its feet (and then some) after all your ground issues. I’ve often feared Norwich would swoop in for Robins but I hope he stays with you. A disgrace you were cheated out of a cup final.

Ps. Let us beat you next week please

Think you will anyway.

We've nothing to play for and have injuries galore.

And as long as we can help prevent Leicester win the league, our fanbase will be happy losing to you.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:08 - Apr 25 with 3262 viewsJ2BLUE

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:05 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

Think you will anyway.

And as long as we can help prevent Leicester win the league, our fanbase will be happy losing to you.

Please just lay down for us. We'd do the same for you!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:13 - Apr 25 with 3194 viewsIllinoisblue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:05 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

Think you will anyway.

As for Leicester I don’t think nearly enough has been made of their blatant cheating. They need to start next season on -20 and suffer every week.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:14 - Apr 25 with 3178 viewsSufferingCovFan

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:08 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

Please just lay down for us. We'd do the same for you!

We have been practising own goals and gift goals recently. We netted 2 OG against Cardiff, who could still only beat us 2-1.

And gifted Hull 2 freak goals last night.

We're getting ready for you
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:15 - Apr 25 with 3152 viewsgainsboroughblue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:13 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

As for Leicester I don’t think nearly enough has been made of their blatant cheating. They need to start next season on -20 and suffer every week.

Yep. Those celebrations after that win on Tuesday made me want to throw things at my TV.

Cheating c***s

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:17 - Apr 25 with 3127 viewsKeno

come 8pm Saturday there wont be good noises coming out my arse

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:21 - Apr 25 with 3074 viewsJ2BLUE

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:17 - Apr 25 by Keno

Does it usually play classical music then?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:01 - Apr 25 with 2519 viewsBattersea_Blue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:03 - Apr 25 by Rozz

Hmm. While it might be true, I'd be cautious as an Ipswich fan taking too much comfort in a manager covering a couple of shambolic mistakes in such a big game. There's an element of deflection here for sure.

Any idea why nobody has responded to your post?

We have a friendly Coventry fan come on here and make some good posts. He/she should be treated with respect, as every other respondent has done and the way it should be.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:09 - Apr 25 with 2440 viewsRozz

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:01 - Apr 25 by Battersea_Blue

Any idea why nobody has responded to your post?

We have a friendly Coventry fan come on here and make some good posts. He/she should be treated with respect, as every other respondent has done and the way it should be.

I don't think anything I said was unreasonable. He's a manager protecting his players after two horrid mistakes in their biggest game of the season. I wasn't being inflammatory.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:17 - Apr 25 with 2366 viewsBattersea_Blue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:09 - Apr 25 by Rozz

I don't think anything I said was unreasonable. He's a manager protecting his players after two horrid mistakes in their biggest game of the season. I wasn't being inflammatory.

Err, for me, that’s exactly what you did in your original post and now done it again.

Sorry, I just don’t get derogatory posts like that when an oppo fan comes in peace. We all saw the goals from last night, no need to rub it in, twice.

And biggest game of the season? I’d have thought the semi was bigger and they deserve huge respect for coming back like they did, with I’m sure huge swathes of the country willing them to ultimately beat Man U.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:25 - Apr 25 with 2304 viewsRozz

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:17 - Apr 25 by Battersea_Blue

Err, for me, that’s exactly what you did in your original post and now done it again.

Sorry, I just don’t get derogatory posts like that when an oppo fan comes in peace. We all saw the goals from last night, no need to rub it in, twice.

And biggest game of the season? I’d have thought the semi was bigger and they deserve huge respect for coming back like they did, with I’m sure huge swathes of the country willing them to ultimately beat Man U.

I'm not rubbing it in - I have absolutely no ill feelings towards Cov or the poster. If we made those errors Saturday night needing 3 points to keep our season alive you'd see the same here and much, much worse.

I was countering his/her point that Robbins would not lie or sugarcoat their position with injuries. I think every manager in the league would sugarcoat it off the back of what's just happened on the pitch, in order to protect their players.

Either you have an exceptionally low bar for disrespect or you're not taking the post in the spirit it was meant.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:51 - Apr 25 with 2140 viewsEuropablue

A bad owner would have sacked him after the slow start and not quite a good enough set of results this season. The same goes for Michael Carrick. However, a good season is like putting your best players in the shop window and the money could be good, but your best two players leave a huge gap that isn't always easy to fill. We were also interested in Simms, but 5 million looked a bit steep and it seemed like we dodged a bullet after he looked bang average for roughly the first half of the season. Now he really looks worth the money!
It really is essential to give it everything when you get a chance because it's often not that easy the next year. Coventry missed out on promotion by the smallest of margins.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:52 - Apr 25 with 2124 viewsBattersea_Blue

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:25 - Apr 25 by Rozz

I'm not rubbing it in - I have absolutely no ill feelings towards Cov or the poster. If we made those errors Saturday night needing 3 points to keep our season alive you'd see the same here and much, much worse.

I was countering his/her point that Robbins would not lie or sugarcoat their position with injuries. I think every manager in the league would sugarcoat it off the back of what's just happened on the pitch, in order to protect their players.

Either you have an exceptionally low bar for disrespect or you're not taking the post in the spirit it was meant.

In answer to your final para, possibly both.

We get assholes from other clubs coming on here who deserve no respect. This poster came in peace, being open and honest, which does deserve respect.

People read posts differently, there’s often a degree of interpretation and for me yours came across as unnecessarily derogatory towards a friendly fan from an upcoming opponent, a club that’s really been through the quagmire over recent years. I give them huge credit to be where they are now.

Best just leave it at that. No doubt we’re all pulling for our boys to come through on the right side of this from the ITFC point of view.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 16:12 - Apr 25 with 1968 viewsRozz

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 15:52 - Apr 25 by Battersea_Blue

In answer to your final para, possibly both.

We get assholes from other clubs coming on here who deserve no respect. This poster came in peace, being open and honest, which does deserve respect.

People read posts differently, there’s often a degree of interpretation and for me yours came across as unnecessarily derogatory towards a friendly fan from an upcoming opponent, a club that’s really been through the quagmire over recent years. I give them huge credit to be where they are now.

Best just leave it at that. No doubt we’re all pulling for our boys to come through on the right side of this from the ITFC point of view.

Fair enough, admittedly perhaps my use of "shambolic" was a bit sharp, but they were absolute stinkers. It wasn't meant as a jibe - probably frustrated as I would have liked to have seen them do better last night.

As you say, the poster has contributed how we'd hope all visiting fans would.

COYB.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 16:15 - Apr 25 with 1936 viewsParisBlue

I just hope he's not resting players on Saturday so they are fresh for Tuesday.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 17:18 - Apr 25 with 1723 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 13:17 - Apr 25 by Keno

Too many Polish sausages?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 17:59 - Apr 25 with 1559 viewsSufferingCovFan

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 16:12 - Apr 25 by Rozz

Fair enough, admittedly perhaps my use of "shambolic" was a bit sharp, but they were absolute stinkers. It wasn't meant as a jibe - probably frustrated as I would have liked to have seen them do better last night.

As you say, the poster has contributed how we'd hope all visiting fans would.

COYB.

Appreciate your comments, and no disrespect was read in any of the posts.

In fact, shambolic is surprisingly light compared to some of the comments Coventry fans are calling them.

Brad Collins, our keeper, was most certainly at fault for the first and third goals. We've seen clowns with better hand/eye coordination than what was observed last night.

Excuses can and will be made. Tiredness, mentally fatigued. All valid.

But the important comment is that it is not just this game. We've seen errors creep in among the squad for a few games. This was the final straw with regard Playoff qualification.

For info, there are calls for our backup keeper to now be given a runout. Ben Wilson was a star for us last season, saved a match losing pen against WBA and scored an injury time goal away at Blackburn. But he had a rocky start to the season and has since be used sparingly. Cup games and for injury cover.

He's got errors in him still so you don't have to fret unnecessarily.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 18:05 - Apr 25 with 1527 viewsSufferingCovFan

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 16:15 - Apr 25 by ParisBlue

I just hope he's not resting players on Saturday so they are fresh for Tuesday.

If Robins says they're injured, I would honestly believe they are.

Haven't seen him undersell an injury or call for rest all season. Even our stars have been dropped if he felt Cal O'Hare needed a rest, to the fans disbelief. O'Hare wasn't on the bench last night after the weekend's exertion. He may play on Saturday but that's debatable as he has been out of form over the last two months.
Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 19:43 - Apr 25 with 1281 viewsRozz

Not good noises coming out of the Coventry camp on 17:59 - Apr 25 by SufferingCovFan

Appreciate your comments, and no disrespect was read in any of the posts.

In fact, shambolic is surprisingly light compared to some of the comments Coventry fans are calling them.

Brad Collins, our keeper, was most certainly at fault for the first and third goals. We've seen clowns with better hand/eye coordination than what was observed last night.

Excuses can and will be made. Tiredness, mentally fatigued. All valid.

But the important comment is that it is not just this game. We've seen errors creep in among the squad for a few games. This was the final straw with regard Playoff qualification.

For info, there are calls for our backup keeper to now be given a runout. Ben Wilson was a star for us last season, saved a match losing pen against WBA and scored an injury time goal away at Blackburn. But he had a rocky start to the season and has since be used sparingly. Cup games and for injury cover.

He's got errors in him still so you don't have to fret unnecessarily.

Thanks for the response.

We haven't been in great nick for a while now ourselves, with some uncharacteristic performances where we've looked very tired. We've had illness through the camp which hasn't helped, although KM has been reluctant to lean too heavily on it as an excuse it's been commented on in the media that it's effected us badly.

The championship season is relentless and it's no surprise to see the squads with the parachute millions at the top at this stage. Your cup run may have done us a huge favour in gifting us some rest at a vital point, but we've seen how things don't always click after a break. Hopefully we can upset the apple cart.

Disappointed from a personal point of view that our fixture was rearranged as I can't make the trip on Tuesday and was quite looking forward to it. Always next year (or hopefully not, as I'm sure you won't mind me saying!).

I'll keep an interested eye out for Ben Wilson - hopefully he doesn't stake his claim against us. We well know how a 2nd choice keeper can transform themselves into a POTS contender in a very short time, despite some obvious flaws. I imagine Christain Walton will be allowed into the market in the summer - he'd make a fine keeper for most Championship sides.

All the best for the rest of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024